The Lord of the Rings

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I guess Galadriel kinda forgot about being married with a daughter.
Is it confirmed that there's no Celeborn in this or is that just speculation?

Would that mean Elrond cucks Durin, bangs the black Dorf, and Arwen will be played by Rashida Jones in season 2?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Why couldn't they just start a new IP and make black dwarves, elves, and hobbits instead of ruining Tolkien's work with hints of woke revisionism?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why couldn't they just start a new IP and make black dwarves, elves, and hobbits instead of ruining Tolkien's work with hints of woke revisionism?
Thats what everyone has been saying about every fucking IP thats had this race swapping, IP destroying bullshit happen to it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LOTR was so good that Jackson himself couldnt even touch it with Hobbit. its really like Everquest. lightning in a bottle. never to be recreated again. LOTR and Everquest at the same time was also FUCKING AMAZING. EQ even ripped off the movie and created mobs for the game exactly like in FOTR.
iu

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

1661721963280.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
LOTR was so good that Jackson himself couldnt even touch it with Hobbit. its really like Everquest. lightning in a bottle. never to be recreated again. LOTR and Everquest at the same time was also FUCKING AMAZING. EQ even ripped off the movie and created mobs for the game exactly like in FOTR.
iu

iu
PJ had a hard time with Hobbit because he was given the reigns mid stream. With LOTR, planning for shooting was done a year or so in advance. In Hobbit, he said there were making things up as they went. If PJ had been given control at the outset, the Hobbit movies would have been a lot better.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PJ had a hard time with Hobbit because he was given the reigns mid stream. With LOTR, planning for shooting was done a year or so in advance. In Hobbit, he said there were making things up as they went. If PJ had been given control at the outset, the Hobbit movies would have been a lot better.
Couldn't be much worse. Hobbit was shit. Though I am willing to concede this AMZN show will make the Hobbit look stellar.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Hobbit may have been a shit set of movies but at least he still got the fucking elves right, even that stupid fucking made up love triangle one.

I wonder if Evangeline Lilly feels better now that the character she portrayed is no longer going to be the worst thing anyone has ever done to Tolkien.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Guessing the Diablo Immortal thread people are all watching this

• 9Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reviewers even going so far as to toss shade at the original trilogy, Amazon must have spared no expense buying them off.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if it was "diverse" as in opposite of canon. nobody would have watched it. or it wouldnt have been a classic trilogy pople are talking about 20 years later. nobody will remember this shitshow TV show a year after its over. in fact LOTR's success is a testament to its non diversity that allowed a "diverse" and wrong version to be made now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve read the books a half dozen times. Jackson’s trilogy takes some liberties and leaves some things out that a lot love, but if you have plowed the Extended Editions multiple times as I have, you know he absolutely loved and adored the material. He approached it as best you could in adapting that. Sure, a different equally as reverential director would have made slightly different choices, but that was one of the most groundbreaking efforts in filmmaking and an instant classic. I used to frequent many deep Tolkien sites. I wonder if they’re sucking this monkey pox ridden show’s cock. They twisted from loving Jackson for daring to tackle it to hating him post-RotK.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users