The Lord of the Rings

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It would have been better to do the original timeline and have 100 year gaps between episodes.

You could show the difference between elves and men quite nicely if the men keep dying and we follow families rather than individuals, eventually they start to cling to life and we do see the same character two episodes in a row but they are fucked up from old age.

Imagine one episode is Elrond befriending a young Durin, then two episodes later he goes to see him and he's close to death by old age. Imagine the scene where they are estranged due to time apart then, it would be devastating.
Better for nerds. Worse for viewer numbers and ratings. At least we get some lotr this way, probably more seasons.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Better for nerds. Worse for viewer numbers and ratings. At least we get some lotr this way, probably more seasons.
Are people dying to see the human characters? They focused the story on the elves anyway.

Maybe do one season per time period as a compromise!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Are people dying to see the human characters? They focused the story on the elves anyway.

Maybe do one season per time period as a compromise!
Yes. Need humans and children/gay haflings to be relatable to viewers.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm losing steam fast, waited 2 days to watch episode 4 and literally fell asleep halfway through. it is very pretty to look at, they spared no expense in CGI. Too bad they hired retards as writers.

The show doesn't feel like Lord of the Rings in any way anymore, its so bizarre how off it is in tone and pacing. I genuinely wonder why they intercut so many stories so often.

TOP_ElvesOtherWorldly.jpg

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A bit of different nitpick, instead of the same ol' same ol' on repeat; here is a video going over the practicality of the armor. Just another thing to compare to the movies; when WETA went so far with trying to get costume accuracy right by modeling their costumes after real medieval armors.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i'm losing steam fast, waited 2 days to watch episode 4 and literally fell asleep halfway through. it is very pretty to look at, they spared no expense in CGI. Too bad they hired retards as writers.

The show doesn't feel like Lord of the Rings in any way anymore, its so bizarre how off it is in tone and pacing. I genuinely wonder why they intercut so many stories so often.

View attachment 433826

Despite everything taking place at the same time, some characters teleport, and some can't move more than a couple of feet per day.

The passage of time disparity in storytelling between the various stories is jarring, and really terrible pacing-- which the reviews had famously cited beforehand.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The forging of the rings is suffering the most.

It seems they don't want to actually use the source material as a timeline. They are hesitant to actually commit to a telling of the forging at all.

Because they know the amount of backlash that's coming if and when they get it wrong. The showrunners have signalled they don't want anything to do with the forging of the rings as it pertains to the book.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
A bit of different nitpick, instead of the same ol' same ol' on repeat; here is a video going over the practicality of the armor. Just another thing to compare to the movies; when WETA went so far with trying to get costume accuracy right by modeling their costumes after real medieval armors.

WETA not being involved is one of the primary reasons why I can't watch this. There are other nitpicks for the LOTR trilogy but look and feel of this world that I had only imagined through the books' descriptions aren't counted anywhere in those. What details that were described they painstakingly recreated, what details that were vague they spent the time to make their work feel as much a part of the world as they could and they did the best possible job. The hubris of rejecting that and thinking that they could remake this world on their own while still trying to ape on WETA's incredible work is outright unforgivable. Just from the trailers you could see that the same level of thought and care did not go into almost all of the practical pieces in this.

WETA brought fantasy literature to life in the most respectful and skilled way possible. The attention to detail, from the pieces that I have seen that they made for the trilogy, are incredible and they truly understood the importance of that in building a world and creating a good film. It also afforded Jackson the ability to be more dynamic with his scenes since the props looked so good from all angles that he wasn't limited to only showing certain things statically to hide imperfections. Costumes and designed and cast props and armors already looked like dogshit in the trailers for this.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This would be like me saying I did film studies therefore I'm an authority. Lol
It would mean that your opinion would carry more weight than random autistic internet warriors, unless they could properly articulate their ideas (posts against me are usually "lol u dum").

Never said I was an authority, just that I've studied it and been assessed in it by a university.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It would mean that your opinion would carry more weight than random autistic internet warriors, unless they could properly articulate their ideas (posts against me are usually "lol u dum").

Never said I was an authority, just that I've studied it and been assessed in it by a university.

well yes, if that's the level of their arguments. They should at least be able to articulate why you're wrong. I only skim read the argument, most people would associate "protagonist" as hero and "antagonist" as the enemy. It did read as if you pulled out the "ackshually" card then tried to appeal to your own authority, lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Shad is always good for a laugh. he loses his shit over anything. I'm not saying he's wrong, but it doesnt take much to have him go overboard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida

View attachment 433826

I actually liked seeing a Morgoth corrupted elf. Actor is good too (Benjen from GoT)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The forging of the rings is suffering the most.

It seems they don't want to actually use the source material as a timeline. They are hesitant to actually commit to a telling of the forging at all.

Because they know the amount of backlash that's coming if and when they get it wrong. The showrunners have signalled they don't want anything to do with the forging of the rings as it pertains to the book.
LOL.

Show is entitled Rings of Power and won't....feature the rings of power.

I guess Days of Our Lives: Middle Earth Edition was too honest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff

This is sheer delusion. The ‘backlash’ will be next to nothing in the scope of the total viewership.

What percentage of viewers of this thing have ever even read the LOTR trilogy? How many of those have read The Silmarillion? I bet it’s extremely low.

If every omegadork born since 1970 boycotted this thing it wouldn’t even register in the ratings.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is sheer delusion. The ‘backlash’ will be next to nothing in the scope of the total viewership.

What percentage of viewers of this thing have ever even read the LOTR trilogy? How many of those have read The Silmarillion? I bet it’s extremely low.

If every omegadork born since 1970 boycotted this thing it wouldn’t even register in the ratings.

You offered no other reason for the timeline they are using nor their chosen handling of the forging of the rings.

The creators fear backlash because they have no credits in the industry, and this is it for them. This is their first job. They aren't working again if it doesn't hit.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You offered no other reason for the timeline they are using nor their chosen handling of the forging of the rings.

The creators fear backlash because they have no credits in the industry, and this is it for them. This is their first job. They aren't working again if it doesn't hit.

They do not fear backlash from anyone talking about a ‘timeline’. Period.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They do not fear backlash from anyone talking about a ‘timeline’. Period.

It's called the Rings of Power. It's supposed to have rings in it.

Even normal casual viewers (as few of them as there are, 1.3million isn't much compared to say HOTD numbers) are asking what's going on.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's called the Rings of Power. It's supposed to have rings in it.

Even normal casual viewers (as few of them as there are, 1.3million isn't much compared to say HOTD numbers) are asking what's going on.
The entire Eregion and Moria storylines are setting up their forging. Yes, far outside the timelines set out in The Silmarillion (nobody cares).

Nerds need to calm their moobs, and normies need to shut the fuck up.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users