The Magicians

Cybsled

The show acknowledges it to a point (the dragon says "fucking millenials"). I have liked Julia's arc the most, though.

Elliot is funny as fuck, though, so you get a Picard

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Anyway, I'm hoping season 3 isn't "Millennial Magicians Whine and do Magic".

That wouldn't be an unfair alternative title for the series (books or show), so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I liked Elliot a lot in S1. S2 Elliot gets really whiny and annoying sometimes, which sucks because they picked a great actor for the role, and Quentin already fills the whining quota fairly well. I guess since they cut out the whole "after graduation" plotline from the books, they felt they needed to shoehorn Elliot's emo phase into the Fillory side of things.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The show acknowledges it to a point (the dragon says "fucking millenials"). I have liked Julia's arc the most, though.

Elliot is funny as fuck, though, so you get a Picard
He is vapid in season 1 and then spends season 2 whining that he is no longer allowed to be vapid.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is off to a good start already with season 3. There's the "party" god. And the peacock guy in Fillary.

The best was when he asks how long a Grand Quest would take, and he replies "A season."

• 1Like

Cybsled

I liked Elliot and Margot speaking in Pop Culture code so the fairies would have no idea wtf they were talking about.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you watch this on syfy do you get all the cussing and violence? I watched this on netlfix so was curious. I'll wait for season 3 to come out on netflix if they cut a bunch of stuff out on syfy

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you watch this on syfy do you get all the cussing and violence? I watched this on netlfix so was curious. I'll wait for season 3 to come out on netflix if they cut a bunch of stuff out on syfy

It is kinda weird you get the violence and some of the cussing but some cussing randomly gets censored. Still they are doing that less and less hell Happy! dropped a couple f bombs and they let it go so I think they are letting their later shows start going closer to the edge than before.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
On the season premier I was very amused by the interdimensional rabbit messaging system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly

I definitely heard a few clear fucks and shits on the premier. I think this is a good trend considering this season of Mr. Robot had them all over the place and did just fine with ratings.

Still feel like they move really fast between scenes and they are disjointed with odd pacing, but I like the quest idea and hopefully Quentin stays less whiny.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quentin when he is focused on a task tends to be much more bareable. It is when he is just kinda adrift where he goes into full whiny Dbag mode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah the characters kinda ruin the show for me. I really like the story but if they killed off people I really wouldn't care. It's like they are all over the top characters in a high school movie.

This is why I couldn't get past the first few episodes. I'll tell you what high school lifestyle tv show I would watch though. Freaks and Geeks with magic.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
The bit with the cat made me laugh.

“Sorry officer, our friends cat was sick and... exploded. As they do”

So far this season has been pretty good and Q is definitely much less of a whiny fuck. Makes it more enjoyable.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ya, the awkward shit explanation to why a kitten spontaneously exploded made me lol.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
oh shit, this is back? fml. Got a new tv provider, have forgotten to setup DVR for some of my shows. This one fell through the cracks. Damn.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Good episode for Alice in knit sweaters (and saran wrap lol). Was interesting to see that the Lamprey was literally a lamprey.

Also Penny

So he is now just an astral projection/ghost and his body is dead?

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It sounded like the traveler was needed for the quest so I am assuming something gets done. Penny does still have his contract for life and then after with the library.

• 1Like