The Magicians

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Now that the characters have grown up and stopped being whiney little bitches the show is now amazing. I shed a little tear at the end of this last episode. I wonder if Julia sacrifices herself to whatever is in the castle and ascends into god world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

After watching the sneak peek and the promo for the next episode, my theory is that Julia right now is basically in baby god mode...she has all these powers and is still finding her way, but no real direction beyond help people out. The next step up is to pick something to be a god of, which narrows her scope. She will still be super powerful, but she will be more concerned with whatever thing she becomes the god of and specialize in that. The sneak peek has her hearing prayers where people are calling to 'Our Lady of the Trees' for help, which probably hints at her heading in the direction of the book Julia.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I did like how the writers even referred to the new penny as Penny23. Having him replace Penny40 in the Unity key was a pretty solid 'old penny really is staying in the underworld now' I think. Maybe he has a cameo at some point, but the writers have mostly written him off. Likely, Penny23 and Kady end up developing a relationship, as this Kady and Julia23 share some similarities in terms of why Penny23 was attracted to julia. They were clearly setting that up with his lines about Kady having qualities his Julia had.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
The "previously on..." bit with Josh was pretty funny. Sad this is over next week but curious where it will end. It has to be some sort of cliffhanger, there's just not enough time to really wrap everything up.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ugh what a downer ending. Now we have to wait a year for this shit to start to get resolved.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, that part was kind of a bummer. I do have to wonder if OLU knew this would happen?

I have a feeling the entity is going to undo the memory blocks after it tires of Q not remembering.

• 1Like

Caliane

I suspect the "terrifying to even gods" is the thing is not just body hopping, but instead copying itself. A Unity like hive-mind take over. so more fun with friends, it takes over Quentin and both Quentin and Elliot are IT.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya, that part was kind of a bummer. I do have to wonder if OLU knew this would happen?

I have a feeling the entity is going to undo the memory blocks after it tires of Q not remembering.
They hint that the gods fear that "thing" and promotheus believed humans would save "them" (the gods?) with magic. Considering OLU behaviour, she could share the opinion that humans are the solution to that problem.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The new beast/whatever is like Majin Buu in DBZ it looks like. Super powerful, but ultimately they are like a little kid. I'm guessing Q will keep things sort of under control and then someone is going to shoot "Mr Satan" and all bets are off.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well at least the shows know how to market themselves...

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a great commercial. And Eliot saying "Please play with me" the whole thing because of the god that took over his body was enjoyable.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
How many episodes until they snap out of this make believe? I'm not sure I can take more than 2 or 3...

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Catching up on season 3, this show is so good...
The mosaic episode where they live and die solving the puzzle is just good TV.

Also Julia continues to be sexy in her weird way.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users