The Magicians

Cybsled

They verified the origin of the white powder that gave Julia a temp magic boost (made from fairy parts), then they also verified that the Library appears to be stockpiling the stuff. They also verified that the fairies on Earth do appear to be slaves and apparently don't know about the fairies in Fillory.

They also confirmed that the books that know an entire person's future were the result of Cassandra seeing the future and writing it down, but the Library had used magic to speed up the process. She looks exactly like Alice, so it remains to be seen if that means anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Alice was making some deal with the library, and may or may not be 2000yr + old cassandra?
Magic cocaine is made from Fairies. Library and whats her face maiming fairies for it. julia and fen are not happy about this.

• 1Like

Cybsled

My theory:

When Margo and Elliot revealed to the fairy queen that they knew her plan (terraform Fillory), she basically told them they think too simple. We also know that family on Earth has probably kept fairy slaves for a really long time (the ghost flashback where the son told the father he would reveal the secret).

What if the fairy queen suspects this/knows this and her long game is to raise a large enough army to invade Earth, primarily because she is looking to get retribution for the enslaved fairies on Earth and what happens to them?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I could see it being for something along those lines. It's also why she started out hating Elliot/Margo/humans, but then when she saw Margo be nice to the boat when the other boat wanted to rape it, the queen said something about she was impressed by Margo's character. The end game will be that she will change her mind about humans when the others help return her missing faeries from earth.

Also, I'm curious what the significance of Cassandra being an Alice lookalike is. They said Cassandra messed around with 'God', so i'm wondering if Alice gets her Niffin powers/knowledge back, finishes her 'unified theory of magic' and it turns out to be how Godhood works in some way. The king god gets upset with her about this and curses her with 'infinite knowledge'.

• 1Like

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was a little bummed. Last weeks preview said this was the musical episode. Thought it would be a buffy'esc "Once more with feeling" type of thing. First 2/3's wasn't great but the end made up for it. It was all great but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Fuck I love this show.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, most of the songs were just 'meh'. Kady's dance/outfit was fine, but the song itself was boring imo. The last one was fucking amazing though. Also, if that was everyone's actual voice, HOLY SHIT Kady and Elliot are way better then everyone else.

I'm glad they didn't over do it on the songs, but then each one should have been better in that case. As an overall episode, it was solid, with a seriously great ending.

I knew the Muntjac was gonna save Elliot and Margo somehow, just didn't expect that. Figured it would turn around at last moment, or somehow had a way to survive going down the waterfall. If it could always fly, that's quite the secret to keep. Also, fuck Tick, never liked him anyway. Julia is getting seriously powered up and lol at 'i'm leveling up'. Stopping time and healing a faerie from near death? Fuck yea Julia, unleash that God power. Next week's trailer shows the faerie queen seeing the captive faeries, which I figured was going to be important soon. If the group helps free them, pretty sure the queen will be helping them out after that, possibly to help fix Fillory as well.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Kady's songs were shit, but the episode was great. I really liked how it all wrapped together. And all of them being able to talk to one another was a nice skill. Glowy eyes is still the hottest (my opinion. Alice is cute, but she's better), and becoming quite the demoness badass.

• 2Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Last song was definitely the best, especially with everyone being able to communicate/sing together. Enjoyed that part quite a bit. Fairy stuff is going to be interesting, not sure if as mentioned they will help restore magic or help Fillory but this season seems to be pretty tight in terms of storytelling. Really like the episodic quest based approach they've taken to this season so far.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Good episode tonight, esp the fairy reveals

Fairies originally came from Earth, not Fillory. Rip Saul Tigh lol. Btw, anyone else think Penny is stuck in the Underworld now? Hades appears, tells him to go to a book club, then he eats something. We all know how that Greek myth went. Preview for next week looks awesome...alternate timeline with The Beast still alive

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah. I was happy with this one. And Penny is suddenly not such a cunt, even if it means he's stuck for a billion years.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I just realized who the faerie queen actrrss is...holy cow. They damn welw better renew this show.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm actually really surprised at how this show has come into its own this season, and even moreso the last few episodes.

It's almost fixed all of the problems I had with the books, and all of the problems with the first two seasons.

Finally, it's a compelling high-tier show that I look forward to watching every week, instead of something I was barely holding onto. I just hope they don't go crazy with the retconning though like marina and penny.

Good to have Marina back, she's so damn hot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I'm kind of curious where they go with Marina and timeline 23 Penny. Penny especially, although I imagine the obvious Kady-Penny23-Julia love triangle will be one thing. But then you have to wonder if "dead" Penny and living Penny end up heavily diverging storywise.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I liked this episode, and wouldn't have minded Marina coming back, but Penny as well seemed a bit much. Like, why even bother writing off the 'dead' penny if you are gonna bring this one over as well. Or, if we are gonna have both Penny's being actual characters, that's just kind of weird.

Other then that, is Josh going to have to kill all the other Josh's from other timelines? I mean, the 'Quickening'? "There can be only one" Highlander style, Quickening?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm hoping that live Penny swaps places with dead Penny and his 1 billion year Library job. But maybe not. He's finally happy out there.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Maybe Penny23's Julia is in the Underworld/Library and he gets to stay with her by swapping with Penny40. That wouldn't be horrible.

• 1Like