The Magicians

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
eh, yea tomorrow.. for some reason I was thinking it was wednesday already. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How many episodes this season? I thought it was 10 and I was like that's a shitty cliff hanger. Is it 12?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Imdb shows 13. While I was looking I noticed the synopsis for ep9.

S4, Ep9

20 Mar. 2019
The Serpent
8.7 (107)

Rate
Quentin eats a quesadilla; Kady and Zelda share a smoke.

• 1Worf

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Man, you could really hear that auto-tune...
uhh.. with who? I didn't notice it. Unless you mean one of eliot's songs, which i think was done to match the style of the original? I was actually surprised at how many of them had good singing voices. I'd imagine anyone who wasn't already a singer spent time with a coach for these episodes.

That said, I don't think this one was nearly as good as the last musical episode. The finale desert scene song was good, but not as epic as 'under pressure' from last year.

• 2Like

Caliane

feminist sand was pretty retarded.

"you're a women, why do you hurt women?!" Can you imagine saying something that stupid to a dude? "you're a man, why would you hurt men?!' Earlier they bemoan, zomg, the world doesnt like strong independent sexual women! Then later say that shit. as if a women needs a reason to do selfish shit. Why would the default setting for woman, to be purely gendered violence or greed? thats retarded. Collectivism..

• 2Like

Cybsled

Well, she was told the sand demons -only- attacked emotional women, so she was already being fed a narrative that made it sound like they only targeted a specific gender.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
feminist sand was pretty retarded.

"you're a women, why do you hurt women?!" Can you imagine saying something that stupid to a dude? "you're a man, why would you hurt men?!' Earlier they bemoan, zomg, the world doesnt like strong independent sexual women! Then later say that shit. as if a women needs a reason to do selfish shit. Why would the default setting for woman, to be purely gendered violence or greed? thats retarded. Collectivism..
Uhh.. it was more like 'oh.. you're a woman?! why do you hurt ONLY women, then?'. She was expecting demons of some kind, likely non-human, that hate human women. The last image that pops into most people's minds from that narrative would be a normal human woman, so she was shocked. You are reading into it differently than intended.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, who screen capped that scene of alice? Its ok, I won't judge... long as you post the picture.. -_-

• 2Worf

Cybsled

Ya, was a nice scene.

Given what lore they revealed in this, that means the 4 gods who were killed weren't originally gods and weren't children of the old gods. Makes me wonder where Hades and Our Lady Underground fit...are they old god kids, or just elevated Magicians?

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last episode was pretty solid. I wonder if Alice sent Quentin back to that moment just so he'd have sex with past her and maybe remember who cool she could be...or if it was a timing coincidence. It would have been pretty funny if she was banging Quentin from the past at the same moment (episodically speaking) that he was banging Alice from the past.

It will be interesting to see if the Monster trying to invest Julia with his drawn and quartered sister resurrects the sister or just powers up Julia to godhood again.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I think the possession will work, but there will be some type of catch that constrains the power level.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good episode. I liked Fogg kicking ass for a change.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Battle Mage Fogg was pretty cool. Also

Rip Our Lady Underground...can see why the gods all fear the monsters, the sister literally took out a god with a finger snap. Not sure what they think the axes will do vs. her in Julia's body, though. She is indestructible, so how do the axes even break her skin?

• 1Like

Cybsled

I liked the follow up "you are too! did you fuck the fish??"

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Battle Mage Fogg was pretty cool. Also

Rip Our Lady Underground...can see why the gods all fear the monsters, the sister literally took out a god with a finger snap. Not sure what they think the axes will do vs. her in Julia's body, though. She is indestructible, so how do the axes even break her skin?

the axes I think are odd and magical. Like when they were used in the desert the axes were not killing people they were pinning them down and driving the possessing spirits out where they could be captured. I am not even sure if those axes actually can hurt somebody physically they seem more metaphysically targted in what they do.

• 1Like