The Magicians

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm rewatching the episode now, think my first DVR recording bugged out and missed last few minutes..

What is it that thief chick gives Penny, when they are first trying the Legrand hammer charm in their rooms. He's struggling with it, puts his head down, she walks in and leaves something on the wood plank. It was upside down, and with some foreign writing I think. Even the 2nd time, I can't tell what that is.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
ok. That was one of my guesses, so if you saw the same thing, that seems right.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, the writing under Quinn's paper says "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here".

As for the gift, I took a screen shot. Cropped it and rotated the image. This is what she gave him.

o3RoB7p.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I keep wondering how this show is going to transition to Fillory. From what I recall, the books did a lot more setting up in terms of what Fillory was and the mystery behind the novels. So far, there really hasn't been a whole lot of focus on Fillory aside from a few mentions here and there. That part seems to be on more of a slow burn than it was in the books, which makes me wonder how viewers who aren't familiar to the books are going to react at the show going from Harry Potter for Adults to Twisted Fucking Narnia with talking animals and trees.

Does NBC / Universal have a premium format channel (aka place where you can show boobs and say fuck) they are aligned with? I suppose they could have thought of this as a straight-to-Hulu series. Maybe they will have an uncut version that appears later on Hulu?
Not to my knowledge, but I have noticed a lot of shows on cable doing this recently. I guess a lot of shows are trying to compete with HBO and Showtime in terms of edginess, so the "fucks" get put back in when the DVD gets released or the show gets put on a streaming service.

Cybsled

Cable isn't really regulated in terms of content, so to speak. They primarily did it to appease advertisers.

However, given the success of shows like TWD, Breaking Bad, etc, advertisers have loosened up a bit. No bare boobs yet outside premium, but the violence/swearing aspect is definitely less taboo now.

Malkav

French Madman
Alice having such a nice body while looking like a stuck-up prude really does it for me.

God I want to see more of those boobs.

Cybsled

He's pretty boss when he needs to be, though. Snapped the guy's neck with a single attack.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah his carefully crafted bon vivant hedonistic attitude let's you forget how skilled he really is.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So.. I think my DVR glitched out a little bit. It went from Eliot snapping Mike's neck, Dean Fogg having a nosebleed on the ground, to Quentin in the Dean's office having a drink. Was there a scene between there, or did they not explain how the Dean healed up?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Along with the foul language I expect there will be longer cuts of most episodes when it goes to home release

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That rabbit scene was brutal, and I love the rabbit in the hat reference it shadows.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Damn that was a wicked ep. Beast gives no fucks, I'm assuming Elliot caught him by surprise.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had originally thought this was going to be like ShadowHunters or Saved By the Bell : Hogwarts and instead this is some brutal fucked up dark shit... and awesome for it.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I had originally thought this was going to be like ShadowHunters or Saved By the Bell : Hogwarts and instead this is some brutal fucked up dark shit... and awesome for it.
Me too, I would have passed on it if not for The Expanse. This could turn it around for Syfy.