The Mandalorian

Fadaar

That guy
Just theorycrafting, sure - but I would imagine that if things start to vary too wildly from what's defined as a human habitable zone, then what type of alien life forms you encounter are going to be wildly different than what resembles a human. If they breathe another type of gas, then thought has to be put into what type of energy they are living off of. If the energy they are expending is in such low amounts or even super high amounts, then the form of communication they are using is likely not even close to what we would understand w/o some type of help. At least that's the way I interpret what I've read.

What Ive always been slightly annoyed with is how little effort goes into different species/aliens in media. What I mean is, even though movies/series shy away from slithering and anything other than bipedal for likely cost versus reward - games do too, and games often have the same animations available in NPC's.

They had aliens that required a different environment in KOTOR. Can't remember if it was 1 or 2, think it was 2, but they had a cantina that you as the player character had to wear a full suit to enter/survive because it was their ecosystem inside.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Trek was the same, although they tried to lore explain it by revealing in TNG that all humanoid aliens had the same shared base DNA due to an ancient race seeding the galaxy with their Genetics. I think they also explain there is sort of a “middle ground” life support type that can mostly accommodate most species, although on non-mixed crews they adjust to be more comfortable.

At the end of the day, they want to tell a story and shit like oxygen/nitrogen mixtures get in the way of that. Same reason everyone speaks and can understan d each other.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The reason for that is psychological. The viewer can more easily relate to what they are seeing on screen--if an alien moves in a way that is entirely un-natural and looks unlike anything remotely resembling a human/animal type--a disconnect takes place and most people cant emphasize with these creatures in any tangible way.

but if your alien has big emotional eyes, has blue skin and somewhat resembles a cat person, then people will LOVE it!!!!!

And titties. Don't forget tig ole bitties.

I always thought a story with a completely alien species being the hero would be interesting. I don't think we have what it takes to make that story though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not buying this one, it's awfully convenient that they claim this was the reason for Pascal's meltdown only after this episode aired. as if they were looking for any reason to pin the rumor on and this was it. maybe if this was mentioned before the episode i would give it some validity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Carl Weathers is the director for tonights episode. So I doubt we will see Ahsoka tonight. Looks like another side adventure before that happens. Pretty sure Gina is in tonights ep though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Can someone type out the jist of this rumor for those of us who aren't going to watch? Please. I feel like a 'please' should be in there somewhere but I don't know where. So now it's in there twice.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
not buying this one, it's awfully convenient that they claim this was the reason for Pascal's meltdown only after this episode aired. as if they were looking for any reason to pin the rumor on and this was it. maybe if this was mentioned before the episode i would give it some validity.

Likewise, it appears to be a controlled "leak" to mitigate damage. The timing with this episode is too much to be coincidence.

This is one rumor that I can safely discard into the trashcan.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can someone type out the jist of this rumor for those of us who aren't going to watch? Please. I feel like a 'please' should be in there somewhere but I don't know where. So now it's in there twice.
the "rumor" was that Pascal is butthurt he isnt allowed to take his mask off and this past episode was the cause of his meltdown or whatever. because 3 Mandos got to take off theirs even though they were a different set of Mandos but Mando still has to keep his helmet on. it does make sense in the context of this episode, but this rumor only appeared after the episode aired. so its very questionable and i think its a load of shit. whatever reason he blew up, it has nothing to do with the masks and more than likely has to do with something common, like money and maybe why he isnt getting enough attention. he should wake up to the fact that he is only rocking a suit and can easily be replaced. which may happen if he bitches enough.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya no one is paying Pascal for his looks thats for damn sure. Just bitchin for not getting enough of the limelight.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the "rumor" was that Pascal is butthurt he isnt allowed to take his mask off and this past episode was the cause of his meltdown or whatever. because 3 Mandos got to take off theirs even though they were a different set of Mandos but Mando still has to keep his helmet on. it does make sense in the context of this episode, but this rumor only appeared after the episode aired. so its very questionable and i think its a load of shit. whatever reason he blew up, it has nothing to do with the masks and more than likely has to do with something common, like money and maybe why he isnt getting enough attention. he should wake up to the fact that he is only rocking a suit and can easily be replaced. which may happen if he bitches enough.
i think it's a bit more nuanced than that.

the video claims that when pascal was hired, he was told NO mandalorian will show their face. then baby yoda shows up and becomes the breakout star that everyone talks about. so pascal is basically playing second fiddle to a puppet. on top of that, now you have a bunch of mandalorians who have no problem taking their helmets off and pascal is stuck being the only one who can't emote with his face and is functionally replaceable as anyone can play that character.

i don't exactly fault his reasoning for being upset if that's the case.

but again, the challenge is on him to MAKE himself irreplaceable. do something with the character that only pascal can do. there's a reason katie sackhoff was asked to play bo-katan throughout several iterations of her character and it's not because she's an amazing actress. she's alright but she made the character hers and the fans love her as bo-katan

• 3Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Pedro Pascal is essentially just pissed off that all Mandolorians are essentially Jews in the SW universe, but they're making him be all Orthodox and shit....

Goatface

has anyone offically addressed the 1st rumor that is will be voice only for season 3+? he is totally replaceable as the physical actor, i didn't even notice a change last season during the fish village or whatever

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think it's a bit more nuanced than that.

the video claims that when pascal was hired, he was told NO mandalorian will show their face. then baby yoda shows up and becomes the breakout star that everyone talks about. so pascal is basically playing second fiddle to a puppet. on top of that, now you have a bunch of mandalorians who have no problem taking their helmets off and pascal is stuck being the only one who can't emote with his face and is functionally replaceable as anyone can play that character.

i don't exactly fault his reasoning for being upset if that's the case.

but again, the challenge is on him to MAKE himself irreplaceable. do something with the character that only pascal can do. there's a reason katie sackhoff was asked to play bo-katan throughout several iterations of her character and it's not because she's an amazing actress. she's alright but she made the character hers and the fans love her as bo-katan
yes, but thats the point i made about him not getting enough attention. i can believe that no sweat. Baby Yoda shows up and steals the show. Gina shows up and steals the show. Sackhoff shows up and steals the show. i think the helmets arent really relevant because he signed up for wearing a helmet and thats his gig. he could just do voiceover for scale and let the doubles wear the suit. nobody would notice or give a goddamn. he's just a suit. if he was replaced last season. would anyone notice?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
mando is basically a weeb, and he took a trip to meet real mandalorians, i mean shes basically mandalore if she gets the dark saber right? , and theyre all like "lulz look at this freak"
main-qimg-acbfb59312d4c5ddb22b5706bbf04a1e

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
has anyone offically addressed the 1st rumor that is will be voice only for season 3+? he is totally replaceable as the physical actor, i didn't even notice a change last season during the fish village or whatever

No further update or additional source on that. Will probably recycle during S3 production.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As a funny fact. Sasha Banks got the job in Mandalorian because Favreau saw her episode of Hot Ones and wanted her for the part.

• 3Like