The Mandalorian

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Great episode. Started to feel like filler, then laid on the mythology building bigtime. Baby Yoda had by far his best episode of the entire run. Pure lulz the whole time.
Cloning, midichlorian experimentation, those bodies in the tanks...looking like Snoke for sure. X-Wing pilot at the end seems to imply that the New Republic already knows there is fuckery afoot that is leading to the First Order. Phase III Dark Troopers. And now that Mando knows Gideon is alive, we can start the journey of getting Bo-Katan to him for the battle royale for the Darksaber. So much good stuff in this episode. Baby Yoda in school was hilarious. Mythrol complaining there are no guard rails in the Imperial base hahaha. And those speeder bikes cliff jumping was fucking awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
with all this next level world building I would not be surprised if we see Thrawn or have him hinted at this season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Thrawn would be a fantastic "big bad" and they already laid the groundwork for him in Rebels, although I have to wonder if they might just save him for another SW show.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thrawn would be a fantastic "big bad" and they already laid the groundwork for him in Rebels, although I have to wonder if they might just save him for another SW show.
I think with the situation they left Thrawn in, it would take it's own show to get into it. Outside of those people that read legends stories, Ezra is just as big a character as Thrawn and their fates are intertwined.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it would take a resolution of the Ezra/Thrawn story to get us to that point, and I'm not sure this series could do that and have it fit in with the overall story arc. They jumped way out to the unknown regions too, who knows where that story leads. Getting Ahsoka into this series is one thing, getting Thrawn out of where he was last known to be is a whole different fish to fry.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
My takeaway from this episode is that they are not paying the shipyard workers nearly enough 8)

That's a mind-blowingly fast, high-quality turnaround even if he was dropping off his Honda Civic to fix a problem with the radio.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My takeaway from this episode is that they are not paying the shipyard workers nearly enough 8)

That's a mind-blowingly fast, high-quality turnaround even if he was dropping off his Honda Civic to fix a problem with the radio.
I think of it as a quirk in the storytelling. They just don't really recognize the passage of time when it comes to moving the story along.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it me or did Gina get even thicker for this season? Not complaining really (though don't get me wrong, I much prefer her prime fight days with a hint of a sixpack and largely the same size rack) but she looked like 1.5 Mandos in width.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, though the blue guy (Horatio Sanz) could probably have just been left back in season 1. HIs character was just there for Carl Weathers to berate; didn't really add anything other than... well, that.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is it me or did Gina get even thicker for this season? Not complaining really (though don't get me wrong, I much prefer her prime fight days with a hint of a sixpack and largely the same size rack) but she looked like 1.5 Mandos in width.
She looks thicc, but not necessarily fat. She had to struggle to make her fighting weights and said that she feels more comfortable at what she feels is a natural weight. I also think the beefier look goes with her character.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah for sure, just really stuck out to me in this episode when they're sauntering up the middle of town and each buttcheek is almost a mando. No pun intended.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, though the blue guy (Horatio Sanz) could probably have just been left back in season 1. HIs character was just there for Carl Weathers to berate; didn't really add anything other than... well, that.
She is absolutely deliciously thicc this season, and on my third viewing of this episode i was pretty much just focused on that plot development.

• 1I Came
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

she got a little heavy late last year, but she has a big frame, so its no biggie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's not really that she gained weight. it's WHERE she gained weight. like, she didn't get fat, she got russian bear bulky. i said it before but it's more true now. she looks like a character from gears of war. just super unrealistically bulky.

and yet, i just want to take her home

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lol.. apparently people are happy about the X-Wing pilot trying to recruit Cara back to the New Republic. Why? Because that's how they write her off the show....

• 1Rustled

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
it's not really that she gained weight. it's WHERE she gained weight. like, she didn't get fat, she got russian bear bulky. i said it before but it's more true now. she looks like a character from gears of war. just super unrealistically bulky.

and yet, i just want to take her home
I think probably age combined with body type. She has a very stocky power build probably doing more lifting than fighting but it looks good on her. She ain’t a waif.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Mmm, could’ve sworn there was a heavy cleavage shot at some point during the escape boarding/gunfight. My pants tucked, noticed it 2 split seconds later. Huh.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There is a lot riding on this next episode. It seems that it will be the point where it crosses most fully over with the animated Rebels/Clone Wars continuity and will serve as a potential bridge for the general public and those fans who refuse to watch 'a cartoon' into that world.

Mando is carrying the whole damn franchise at this point and that can't be an easy burden.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
More like Favreau and Filoni are carrying it, which they have been for 10+ yrs now but since a large chunk of the fan base won't ever watch a cartoon they didn't know about it

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
More like Favreau and Filoni are carrying it, which they have been for 10+ yrs now but since a large chunk of the fan base won't ever watch a cartoon they didn't know about it
yeah Mando isnt carrying anything, its Favreau thats the only thing keeping this franchise from being a complete loss.