The Mandalorian

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don't really understand the time period, I distinctly heard "the empire is gone" so its after ROTJ but can't be anywhere close to TFA, right?
its set about 5 years after RoTJ, so 25 or so before TFA

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
YODA!!!! awww.. so this first ep was quite good. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. Looking forward to the next ep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Seemed a little bit off in spots feelwise, but had some awesome visuals was clearly done with serious attention to detail. Lots of room to grow.
IG-11 made this whole thing worthwhile though. That was about as great as I could have hoped they would make that droid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
First episode was very serviceable, entertaining, but not quite grip the balls awesome, which, is fine. I guess.

I will say it fucking wreaks of Disney, though. Everyone who has seen the episode will know exactly what I mean by that. Badass main character that's still learning the ropes, but has a heart, or something.

I was conflicted about killing off the Droid - was hoping for some HK-47 meatbag kind of banter, but he wasn't 1/20th as entertaining as the Droid from Rogue One and the cgi was pretty terrible.

Baby Yoda? I guess. Yoda was uniquely one of a kind and entirely intentional on behalf of Lucas. But if you're gonna shit up the Bounty Hunter mythos, might as well go straight for the jugular.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
It was a great episode, why are you guys so jaded ?

The Blurgs should have been a serious animal, not a cartoonish one, but other than that it was great. I loved the Judge Dread approach, I loved the imperial bad guy, I loved the droid, and it felt like the original Starwars.

Furthermore, no SJW bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blurgs are straight out of an episode of Rebels I just watched and were probably featured in the Ryloth episodes of Clone Wars too. And no, Yoda is not unique. There have been four other instances of the Yoda species in Star Wars and one of them was done by Lucas himself (Jedi High Council in Phantom Menace, she dies before Attack of the Clones)

• 2Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Blurgs are straight out of an episode of Rebels I just watched and were probably featured in the Ryloth episodes of Clone Wars too.

That may be so, but imagine if it was instead this beast.
f4332809b88257a1b0f1f2ef4d3fc2c7cf7e81fc_hq.jpg

Or this one:

reek_star_wars_01.jpg

Remember, the Blerg attacked the mandalorian first, it was not just the riding scene.

At least, using one of these two beasts would have salvaged the only good thing from the abomination that was the Attack of the Clones.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While those beasts might look better, they might not have been as practical around the terrain. The show did mention that the beasts were required for passage through the area. I am guessing that ease of jumping over crevices played a large part in mobility. The lizard one could jump but it evolved on another planet. The bull like mount would have failed miserably as I do not see it jumping very well. Star Wars is a universe of tremendous diversity in life forms. You use what has evolved the best in a situation. I imagine that there could be many instances where the Mandalorian has to learn how to ride a creature before just taking it across the country. I have ridden horses. It is not as easy as just getting on one and going.

I enjoyed the first episode. It was much better than the most recent movies. It had a little flash and some character intro. The first few episodes are going to be a little slow as they are the origin episodes. The droid constantly wanting to initiate self-destruct was well done. The last scene was easily enough to make me interested for more. A solid 8/10.

Fadaar

That guy
I do really hope IG-11 can be repaired / reprogrammed as they make such a cool duo in the short sequence we get. He needs someone to play off of.

I imagine it's not a unique droid like IG-88 was, but a production model that is remotely owned/controlled. I'd bet heavily on seeing another one show up, possibly oblivious to the fate of the previous droid.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Speaking of IG-11, clearly he didn't need a blurg to get to the outsiders encampment, so what the heck? Maybe IG-11 wasn't at all concerned about 'stealth' or 'tactics' and thus took the service road they use to bring in groceries.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wait, are yall saying this takes place 5 years after ROTJ, which is Star Wars 6, right? So how is that baby Yoda because Yoda is dead right?

Really liked this, just enough humor, the droid was really funny.

Is this Boba Fett? or Jango Fett, or whatever? or unrelated?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think they mean its actually THE Yoda, just a yoda like creature. Also I do not think this is bobba or Jango, just a mandelorian BH.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
the baby is 50 years old
50 years ago would be about the time yoda and jar jar binks were around

darth plagueis confirmed

2e0.png

• 2Worf

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
They had me at Nick Nolte. Also, Brian Posehn getting eaten was great.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, are yall saying this takes place 5 years after ROTJ, which is Star Wars 6, right? So how is that baby Yoda because Yoda is dead right?

Really liked this, just enough humor, the droid was really funny.

Is this Boba Fett? or Jango Fett, or whatever? or unrelated?

There are many reasons as to why that is not baby Yoda(900 years old being the obvious one). However, is it a clone of Yoda? That remains to be seen. 50 years would indeed land before the clone wars and when cloning was possibly a diplomatic issue. I would hope it is just a similar race as Yoda. The race could have been hunted down due to having a strong tendency towards the good side of the force. It is also not Boba Fett unless he escaped falling into the creature from ROTJ. I am sure the identities and relationships will get explained in later episodes.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't forget that Yaddle lived 50 years ago too. Yoda was alive and could use the force to do crazy acrobatic things...Yaddle could too....I think you know where I'm going with this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of IG-11, clearly he didn't need a blurg to get to the outsiders encampment, so what the heck? Maybe IG-11 wasn't at all concerned about 'stealth' or 'tactics' and thus took the service road they use to bring in groceries.
He also may have had a speeder.