The Mandalorian

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Would be funny if they went with a Thrawn re-telling...

...and explained away the other Luuke milk-drinker as just a clone-- and that the sequel trilogy is just a story about clones that got blown way out of proportion by the canon.

Would be the ultimate fuck you to everyone associated, and would require a top-to-bottom house-cleaning at Lucas Film to pull that off though.

Using clones to throw away the sequel trilogy would be about the laziest most disrespectful thing they could possibly do. It'd probably irreparably fracture the fandom. If Filoni really sells the Thrawn storyline and clone angles, he might be able to sneak it by them.

It would be amusing if he takes Grogu to Tython and then the beacon is answered by Joruus C'baoth. Most people would go 'who the fuck is this Obi-Wan knock-off?' and Thrawn fans would shit a brick.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thats actually where I think they might be headed. So much good material Kennedy rage deleted. A reimagined Mara Jade is another possibility.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m actually surprised they haven’t butchered the shit out of Mara Jade with them clambering for more representation of women and minorities. I count it as a blessing that they haven’t sacrificed the character on the woke alter.... yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I didn't consider Mara Jade. That would make old school fanboys shit themselves if she showed up lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I read Sebastian Stan is gonna play Luke, in a way he does look like Marky Mark.

If they are gonna bring in more Legends material how are they gonna bring in Jaina and Jacen?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I read Sebastian Stan is gonna play Luke, in a way he does look like Marky Mark.

If they are gonna bring in more Legends material how are they gonna bring in Jaina and Jacen?
The Sebastian Stan rumor started because of fan art that people tried to turn into real news.

They aren't gonna bring Jaina and Jacen in.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
  • 3Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Does it have to be a living Jedi? Imagine the ghost of Obi Wan popping up to throw more backstory, then drop the hook that Mando has to go looking elsewhere. On to Season 3!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wouldnt Mando need to be Force sensitive to be in contact with a dead Jedi? i guess he could contact baby Yoda, but how the fuck is he gonna tell Mando where to go?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
wouldnt Mando need to be Force sensitive to be in contact with a dead Jedi? i guess he could contact baby Yoda, but how the fuck is he gonna tell Mando where to go?
Throw rocks at him. Sorta like in ghost were he kicks cans. It could work.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And Chewbacca should have been a name for a chewing tobacco company.
well, thats a george lucas name. all his character names sound like little jokes. grogu just sounds like the studio heads saw how well Baby Groot was a hit so they made their hit Star Wars character a baby named Grogu. they probably high fived each other on how clever they were for a good ten minutes. i will not be using the name Grogu. its baby Yoda or The Child until they think of something better. call him Yorga or Yogu or
tenor.gif

• 1Picard

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
So nobody is discussing that Grogu might legitimately be Yoda’s son? Him being confirmed to have been raised at the Jedi temple on Coruscant seems to point that way. Maybe thats why we dont see Yaddle after Episode 1? She died in childbirth? Not sure if timeline would exactly match up. If Grogu is exactly 50, he would be same age as Anakin so would have been born before Episode 1, but who knows.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So nobody is discussing that Grogu might legitimately be Yoda’s son? Him being confirmed to have been raised at the Jedi temple on Coruscant seems to point that way. Maybe thats why we dont see Yaddle after Episode 1? She died in childbirth? Not sure if timeline would exactly match up. If Grogu is exactly 50, he would be same age as Anakin so would have been born before Episode 1, but who knows.
Yaddle disappeared because Lucas hated the puppets for Yaddle and Yoda in Phantom Menace. It was too expensive to have both of them CGI so Yaddle just poofed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was Yaddle even Mrs Yoda? i never heard anything about them being together. just that there were two Yoda races on the counsel. Yoda people seemed to be powerful with the force so its natural that they would be in training.