The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
friend told me the Operation Cinder references were from Star Wars Battlefront 2, the main plot point of that game was the thing where a group of admirals were carrying out Palpatines last command, "The Contigency", to exterminate a bunch of Imperial planets from orbit upon his unexpected death. As a sort of show to the galaxy that the Empire was needed to keep order, to rally the remaining Imperials in a bond of horror, etc. The Battlefront 2 game starts with the playable character being called by her dad (an Admiral) to begin preparations for Operation Cinder and ends with the Battle of Jakku, which is where TFA begins 4 decades later.

"The Emperor commands it. We will purge this planet and others. Fear shall spread, and the galaxy will remember who is in control."

Pretty damn deep lore cull, its insanely impressive what a breadth and width of Star Wars lore Filoni and the other writers have
Operation Cinder is also a major plot thread in the third Aftermath book, which also ends with the Battle of Jakku

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no, i definitely got the vibe that Mando is ex-Imperial. Mayfeld nor Boba knew him as such, so he couldn't have been important or anything, but that was a pretty clear plot point. Remember, the scanner first "rejected" him as unknown and then only accepted him when he showed his full face.
the scanner rejected him because it couldn't see his face. he was wearing his helmet. that was brought up by mayfield in the beginning that the scanner needs to scan your face. it's like taking your driver's license photo with a ski mask. it's going to get rejected outright until you take the mask off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
friend told me the Operation Cinder references were from Star Wars Battlefront 2, the main plot point of that game was the thing where a group of admirals were carrying out Palpatines last command, "The Contigency", to exterminate a bunch of Imperial planets from orbit upon his unexpected death. As a sort of show to the galaxy that the Empire was needed to keep order, to rally the remaining Imperials in a bond of horror, etc. The Battlefront 2 game starts with the playable character being called by her dad (an Admiral) to begin preparations for Operation Cinder and ends with the Battle of Jakku, which is where TFA begins 4 decades later.

"The Emperor commands it. We will purge this planet and others. Fear shall spread, and the galaxy will remember who is in control."

Pretty damn deep lore cull, its insanely impressive what a breadth and width of Star Wars lore Filoni and the other writers have

Also a major plot point in the alphabet squadron books (which are in the current canon). I don't remember it in aftermath. In Alphabet Squadron a droid with palpatine's face showed up to the most loyal commanders and ordered the various operations to begin. Then the droid hung around and basically acted creepy.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
h6hh.jpg

I love those bombs! Any of you nerds know what they're called? Boombox Depth Charges?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just caught the latest episode. Bill fuckin Burr can act! I mean fucks sake you could feel him about to lose it. They really need to make him part of the damn crew. All's I could think of was Aliens and Bill Burr being Bill Paxton like for the series...

Can they please get Boba Fett out of his pajamas? It was better this episode, but jeez.

I know some have a hard on for Gina Carano. But come on. You could swap her and Boba Fett and wouldn't know with the helmet on! Not sure why I noticed it so much this episode.

8/10

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I actually like the current Boba Fett look better (the cleaned up version in s2e7) than the original jumpsuit underneath. Something seems more tribal/primative about it and I think it matches well with his mysterious backstory since escaping the Sarlaac, as well as his fighting style. Given the Tusken weapons he was carrying around it wouldn't surprise me if he spent a good amount of time in their culture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol that Imperial officer that sat down with Bill Burr and Mando was the same actor who played the Night King in GoT.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone please explain to me how Operation Cinder makes any sense when you consider the Emperor survived.

Operation: Cinder was carried out by the Galatic Empire as a means of devastating several Imperial planets in 4 ABY, only a few weeks following the Battle of Endor. The operation was part of the Contingency, a plan devised by Emperor Palpatine to ensure that the Empire and its enemies did not outlive him should he ever perish. The plan was put into action following the Emperor's death during the Battle of Endor.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
^^^ Sloppy writing. Why would Billy Fuckface or The Viper be active in any Imperial system? We're not checking for _authorized_ faces, just _a_ face.

More sloppy writing. Let's taunt Moff Gideon. If the location of your ship is guarded, precaution would be change that location when they tip their hand. Hurr durr, I use the words you used earlier. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I don't think Bill Burr is a bad actor. At least, I haven't seen any evidence of such. But this role isn't proof that he's good either. He's playing himself.

Does Gina Carano have any emotes besides concerned and smirk? Do your job, director.

You guys need to hold this series to a higher standard. It's a CW show with more money.

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U
it's clearly a safeguard to prevent the droid uprising.
In Star Wars having bounties seems almost as important as having plumbers.
Maybe they know no one will abuse it but if they do, they get to go on a nice big hunt. Like Predator/Aliens and Wraith/Stargate.
Hey guys! We got a new face to hunt! He was looking up "The Moff" and also how to make nuclear cookies!