The Mandalorian

Maul

Dental Dammer
Any explanation for how Boba was missing/presumed dead, yet his ship was just sat there all that time waiting for him
alens.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean is anyone really watching this show for the writing? I mean it needs to be at least somewhat reasonable and not jarringly bad, but the appeal of the show is that it's fun and feels like the Star Wars you remember.
Just the edgelords. Those of us capable of joy are taking it all in and having fun with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean there's some really stupid things in this show so it's definitely a tradeoff. Everyone has a different line for what's too much.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Nobody should be criticising this show, it's perfect, even pedro's pedo tash is perfectly sculpted, Gina's thiccness, burrs rants and drama.

All perfect, shut up and enjoy the ride and be grateful that transgender and racial shit isnt being shoveled down your throat each week like on discovery.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Ahh yes, the premeditated murder with a weapon stashed in bathroom and getaway driver out front. Exactly the same. Sterling work, as ever TARD
You nitpicky bitch... he meant the tension in the scene, not the fucking crafted plan of executing Solazzo (sp?) and the police captain.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What points of criticism are worth responding to then? This is just an ad hominem.

Your criticisms are all fair. Though I wouldn't call it "sloppy" writing. I'd call it lazy. It's very clear there are episodes where the writers aren't even trying. Like that frog lady episode. Holy shit that entire episode was just bad.

This show has some real good old school star wars vibes along with some really terrible dialogue and plot points. It's half and half. But it feels like Star Wars, which is something nothing in the SW universe has actually felt like in a while. But yes, plenty of this show is trash tier levels of writing and dialogue.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahh yes, the premeditated murder with a weapon stashed in bathroom and getaway driver out front. Exactly the same. Sterling work, as ever TARD
no you limey retard, the scene when he just ups and shoots sollozzo+police captain.

• 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Any explanation for how Boba was missing/presumed dead, yet his ship was just sat there all that time waiting for him

Who said it was left alone? He's Boba fucking Fett. If it was gone he would have tracked it down. Now, why did he track down the ship before the armor? Who knows, maybe he knew Cobb had the armor all along and decided to let him keep it till he got the ship back because reasons. We don't even know how long he was in the pit or how long it took him to recover.

I don't think burr's character is that great. Definitely better this season than he was in S1, but he's still meh to me. I think some of you have your judgement clouded because his comedy makes your dick so hard it turns inside out.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The original SW were not masterpieces of writing either. They hold up as entertainment, but thats all they were. Fun matinee old school type movies was Lucas's stock and trade. Trying to compare these shows to a standard that never existed is edge lord BS. There are valid criticisms that can be made, like over using the baby yoda gags or too many filler episodes, but the OT was not Shakespear. Comparing this show to that standard is unfair, because that was never the genre.

• 2Like

Khane

The original SW were not masterpieces of writing either.
This is true, but there are some really, really poorly written scenes, and even entire episodes in The Mandalorian. Worse than even some of the garbage we endured in the prequels. Grogu eating the frog eggs over and over and being scolded was Jar Jar levels of terrible "comedic" relief.

• 1Picard

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Your criticisms are all fair. Though I wouldn't call it "sloppy" writing. I'd call it lazy. It's very clear there are episodes where the writers aren't even trying. Like that frog lady episode. Holy shit that entire episode was just bad.

This show has some real good old school star wars vibes along with some really terrible dialogue and plot points. It's half and half. But it feels like Star Wars, which is something nothing in the SW universe has actually felt like in a while. But yes, plenty of this show is trash tier levels of writing and dialogue.
Thanks for responding! I'm definitely open to calling the writing lazy instead of sloppy. What would be an example of sloppy writing in your mind?

Frog lady episode was borderline horrifying. If it was a species in which humans are empathetic and an analogous stage of development, baby yoda gets strung up by the mother.

Enjoying it in spite of the bad writing while acknowledging the bad writing is a point I can't argue. I would posit this piece of media is perhaps special because it's showing Disney what they can get away with. It will never get better than this. And that's sad because I think the Star Wars universe is begging for a well written show.

Khane

Thanks for responding! I'm definitely open to calling the writing lazy instead of sloppy. What would be an example of sloppy writing in your mind?

Frog lady episode was borderline horrifying. If it was a species in which humans are empathetic and an analogous stage of development, baby yoda gets strung up by the mother.

Enjoying it in spite of the bad writing while acknowledging the bad writing is a point I can't argue. I would posit this piece of media is perhaps special because it's showing Disney what they can get away with. It will never get better than this. And that's sad because I think the Star Wars universe is begging for a well written show.

It's all about expectations. When I watched Burn Notice I wasn't expecting thought provoking TV and was able to enjoy the show for what it was. Whereas the later seasons of shows like Dexter or GoT where the writing falls off a cliff and the show becomes unwatchable it's not fun or interesting. It's just bad and should be criticized harshly and mocked because the show is meant to be taken seriously and fails tremendously.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The original SW were not masterpieces of writing either. They hold up as entertainment, but thats all they were. Fun matinee old school type movies was Lucas's stock and trade. Trying to compare these shows to a standard that never existed is edge lord BS. There are valid criticisms that can be made, like over using the baby yoda gags or too many filler episodes, but the OT was not Shakespear. Comparing this show to that standard is unfair, because that was never the genre.
That's whataboutism. If I implied comparison to the originals, my apologies, that was not my intent. I think the writing in this series is horrid by itself, it needs no comparison to other works.

I'm not expecting Shakespeare. I'm expecting rational and relatable characters. Frog mother should have murdered baby yoda. If her young are expendable, why is she transporting them? The writers just wanted a baby yoda gag. There are many more examples of this.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean I don't think anyone is going to pontificate on Hayden's acting chops, but McGregor and Neeson couldn't even save those shit scripts.

George has stated multiple times the role of Anakin Skywalker didn't call for a good actor, it called for someone with a certain darkness to them.

He didn't cast Hayden to be a good actor, he only cared about presentation. Get the fuck over it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Neither of you are understanding the other's points y'all are trying to make it seems LoL
i understand the points about Burr's character, but my point is people are talking about how cool Burr was in that scene where he's sitting at the table with the Night King and he just gets angrier and angrier til he finally pops the Night King with his blaster. that is a mirror of the scene in The Godfather where Michael is working himself up to kill Sollozzo. Clemenza told him earlier not to sit down, but to come out of the bathroom blasting both of them. Michael at that point wasnt a hardened killer. he basically choked and it was only when he got more and more angry because he was listening to Sollozzo talk to him about his dad and Michael knew he tried to have his father killed. thats when Michael snapped and blasted Sollozzo and the bodyguard police captain. i wont call it a ripoff, its more of an homage. i am just explaining why that scene makes Burr look so cool, because it was a cool scene from a cool movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
George has stated multiple times the role of Anakin Skywalker didn't call for a good actor, it called for someone with a certain darkness to them.

He didn't cast Hayden to be a good actor, he only cared about presentation. Get the fuck over it.
did you see him in Shattered Glass? he plays a smirky little prick in that one pretty well.