The Mandalorian

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck off with the CW nonsense. After the last 3 movies this shit is basically Citizen Kane.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The writing in those movies were worse than a CW show.

Not quite shit as really shitty shit doesn't give this show's writing a free pass.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agreed.

But I mean cmon, its not THAT bad.

At least it hasn't turned into a monster of the week type garbage, and they have done a great job tying in original elements.

SeanDoe1z1

^^^ Sloppy writing. Why would Billy Fuckface or The Viper be active in any Imperial system? We're not checking for _authorized_ faces, just _a_ face.

More sloppy writing. Let's taunt Moff Gideon. If the location of your ship is guarded, precaution would be change that location when they tip their hand. Hurr durr, I use the words you used earlier. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

I don't think Bill Burr is a bad actor. At least, I haven't seen any evidence of such. But this role isn't proof that he's good either. He's playing himself.

Does Gina Carano have any emotes besides concerned and smirk? Do your job, director.

You guys need to hold this series to a higher standard. It's a CW show with more money.

thats just like your opinion man

let your guard down. it ain't that bad. granted i didn't watch s1, but still! CW and this are pretty damn far apart even if we're just talking production value alone, not like SW was top notch without glaring plot holes anyway. little too much nostalgia for all things SW to not remember a lot of the BS. looking at you exhaust ports...

also...
I love that the new series pretty much invalidates anything else written because lol.warp.speed torpedo attack

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't think Bill Burr is a bad actor. At least, I haven't seen any evidence of such. But this role isn't proof that he's good either. He's playing himself.
That scene where he kills the commander did a damn good job to me to prove he's a good actor. Just never would have guessed him doing that scene so well.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I was the only one shocked they blew up the razor crest? I was expecting the rest of the season to be a cat and mouse game with that tracker. Then after the fight I was thinking, OK lets see how bad it really it, I'm sure it can be patched up again.
The ball that Grogu wants to play with is the tracker.

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Jozu Jozu
By itself, I don't think monster of the week is bad. I think it's often used as a crutch by writers that cannot develop overarcing plot elements and strong characters to carry one offs. X-files did monster of the week well, to the point where some fans preferred them to the plots main conpsiracy.

That said, don't episodes like the Krait Dragon and The Siege count as monster of the week?

So, I'm probably being more critical than I should be. I stopped watching after Bill Burr's episode in S1. I've been watching EFAP's reactions to it in the mean time. Caught the last episode after everyone here lauded it. It's a shame to see an IP with so much potential be repeatedly mishandled. The Star Wars universe, if Disney hadn't decanonized most of it, had a half century of rich lore and characters to pull from. Most of that writing sucked too, but at least everything was established for them. No exposition dumps needed.

Just seems like wasted potential to see this lauded as the best Star Wars we're likely going to get. And if people do keep lauding it, Set Piece: The Show is all the effort Disney is going to make.

Brahma Brahma The scene wasn't written that way. The guy talking right at him should have stopped and asked if he was ok. Why aren't you paying attention to me? The scene allowed Burr to focus on just that aspect of acting instead of acting that made sense for the scene. Now, if they had written it differently, idk, the guy turns to Mando, engages him in conversation, Burr starts to lose it while parts of their talking further provoke him. I think that would have been better.

SeanDoe1z1 SeanDoe1z1 I can't do it! See above. Yes, CW and this show are quite far apart in terms of production value. That's partly what I meant by "CW show with money". I do agree that there's too much nostalgia for the original movies. I think that's part of the problem. It's preventing people from properly critiquing this show. I don't want to watch yet another Star Wars media that's just loosely glued together set pieces. Star Trek devolved into this recently and it's shameful.

• 1Garbage

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma Brahma The scene wasn't written that way. The guy talking right at him should have stopped and asked if he was ok. Why aren't you paying attention to me? The scene allowed Burr to focus on just that aspect of acting instead of acting that made sense for the scene. Now, if they had written it differently, idk, the guy turns to Mando, engages him in conversation, Burr starts to lose it while parts of their talking further provoke him. I think that would have been better.

Gotcha. I still think he did a great job with the material he was given. That or the director did a great job to make sure he could do a good job in the scene.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Jozu Jozu
By itself, I don't think monster of the week is bad. I think it's often used as a crutch by writers that cannot develop overarcing plot elements and strong characters to carry one offs. X-files did monster of the week well, to the point where some fans preferred them to the plots main conpsiracy.

That said, don't episodes like the Krait Dragon and The Siege count as monster of the week?

So, I'm probably being more critical than I should be. I stopped watching after Bill Burr's episode in S1. I've been watching EFAP's reactions to it in the mean time. Caught the last episode after everyone here lauded it. It's a shame to see an IP with so much potential be repeatedly mishandled. The Star Wars universe, if Disney hadn't decanonized most of it, had a half century of rich lore and characters to pull from. Most of that writing sucked too, but at least everything was established for them. No exposition dumps needed.

Just seems like wasted potential to see this lauded as the best Star Wars we're likely going to get. And if people do keep lauding it, Set Piece: The Show is all the effort Disney is going to make.

SeanDoe1z1 SeanDoe1z1 I can't do it! See above. Yes, CW and this show are quite far apart in terms of production value. That's partly what I meant by "CW show with money". I do agree that there's too much nostalgia for the original movies. I think that's part of the problem. It's preventing people from properly critiquing this show. I don't want to watch yet another Star Wars media that's just loosely glued together set pieces. Star Trek devolved into this recently and it's shameful.
A writer you're not. Need Screemfeeder in here to set you straight.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean is anyone really watching this show for the writing? I mean it needs to be at least somewhat reasonable and not jarringly bad, but the appeal of the show is that it's fun and feels like the Star Wars you remember.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watch it to see loads of beautiful Star Wars-y-ness and to see the good guys lay waste to the bad guys.

It's basically like my relieving childhood again but instead of Airwolf, the A-Team, Battlestar Galactica, Streethawk, Knight Rider, etc I'm getting it in a Star Wars universe.

How can that not be anything but fucking awesome!

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Any explanation for how Boba was missing/presumed dead, yet his ship was just sat there all that time waiting for him

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I don't think many women could pull off Gina's thickness... she's not a typical T H I C C in the right places girl; like... she's just kinda thick all over in a slightly manly way which would be a big turnoff on most women but Gina has a je ne sais quoi that I can't put my finger on that essentially makes it sexy on her. Odd.

Plus her politics makes her more attractive to me too, can't lie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Any explanation for how Boba was missing/presumed dead, yet his ship was just sat there all that time waiting for him
Unless you had undeniable proof Boba was dead. Would you fuck with his ship?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gotcha. I still think he did a great job with the material he was given. That or the director did a great job to make sure he could do a good job in the scene.
Do we know what material he was given? If Bill was given free reign to adlib, especially against some uncomedic or just downright bad actors(Carano), then he did a great job.

TomServo TomServo Yes, I'm not a writer, never claimed to be. You didn't tag Screamfeeder Screamfeeder . So your response is useless. Do you want to actually address my points or let other people argue for you?

Sterling Sterling Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard No, I don't watch most shows specifically for the writing. But I do watch a show expecting the writing not to insult me. It's hard to invest yourself in the show when the characters act inconsistently or inhumanly. The scene with the pirates and the unstable cargo is jarringly bad. Not as you're watching it, you might catch one or two, but in retrospect, it's full of plot holes. I'm not satisfied with The Mandalorian: A Collage of Set Pieces if this is the amount of effort they are going to put in stitching them together.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think many women could pull off Gina's thickness... she's not a typical T H I C C in the right places girl; like... she's just kinda thick all over in a slightly manly way which would be a big turnoff on most women but Gina has a je ne sais quoi that I can't put my finger on that essentially makes it sexy on her. Odd.

Plus her politics makes her more attractive to me too, can't lie.
She is built like a monster truck tire, but one with really nice rims.

And i think you guys like that scene with bill burr so much because its the same restaurant scene from The Godfather, when michael just stands up and shoots the police captain.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And i think you guys like that scene with bill burr so much because its the same restaurant scene from The Godfather, when michael just stands up and shoots the police captain.

Ahh yes, the premeditated murder with a weapon stashed in bathroom and getaway driver out front. Exactly the same. Sterling work, as ever TARD