Throbbing Member
EqCOQQuUUAAuikm.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Starting to believe Grogu might actually be alive...but seriously, how cool.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mysterious man with a lightsaber casually defeats an entire platoon of Dark Troopers that Mando struggled with 1v1 using invisible powers that crush them, pulls them to him, or crushes them by flinging giant crates across a room.

Door opens

Mando: Are you......a Jedi?

NOPE NOT AT ALL

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Mysterious man with a lightsaber casually defeats an entire platoon of Dark Troopers that Mando struggled with 1v1 using invisible powers that crush them, pulls them to him, or crushes them by flinging giant crates across a room.

Door opens

Mando: Are you......a Jedi?

NOPE NOT AT ALL
Considering he was looking for a Jedi a couple episodes prior, likely wanted to make sure he was a "good guy with a light saber", not, you know, a Sith Lord.

spronk

FPS noob
wouldn't Cara Dune know who Luke was, being from Alderaan

"hey yo fuck your dad for blowing up my planet, but also big ups to your sister for settling my familys sewage zoning issue... before THEY BLEW UP ALDERAAN"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wouldn't Cara Dune know who Luke was, being from Alderaan

"hey yo fuck your dad for blowing up my planet, but also big ups to your sister for settling my familys sewage zoning issue... before THEY BLEW UP ALDERAAN"

My assumption always was that it wasn't common knowledge who luke was, that there was a jedi even, or vader's relation to him. To the common people I always assumed it'd be a big "HUH?"

She might know who leia was, but that'd be like naming pelosi's kids or something. I'm sure there are some but don't know who they are.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My assumption always was that it wasn't common knowledge who luke was, that there was a jedi even, or vader's relation to him. To the common people I always assumed it'd be a big "HUH?"

She might know who leia was, but that'd be like naming pelosi's kids or something. I'm sure there are some but don't know who they are.
Leia has a dubious backstory. Princess? Howd an orphan become heir to a throne? Who was that lady she remembers as her mom?

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean leia was a princess... The common rabble knew who she was, at the very least by name. I mean I'm not from England but I know who prince Harry is. But I'm pretty sure no one knew who luke was, his relationship to Leia or his involvement in the fall of the empire. The people who would know about luke (outside of people directly involved) wouldn't know him as anything other than a hot shot pilot.

If he said who he was, cara's response would probably confirm that. "wait, I thought Luke was a pilot... Maybe that was a different luke Skywalker."

"Yeah that was Luke SIMON Skywalker. I'm luke JAMES Skywalker."

• 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was she a princess? Her dad was born a slave and her mom was a geisha from Naboo. The alderaaneans wouldnt know she was a princess. She has a false memory of her mom and it wasnt until the end of RoJ that she found out Vader is her dad.

• 1Picard

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Princess just sounds better.

I think common people would know who Luke Skywalker was after he destroyed the Death Star.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While we are having this nerd discussion, how did Vader know Luke was his son? Was it the name skywalker? Is the name that uncommon? Why didnt Vader ever google it and come up with a tattooine social media account?

Cybsled

I don't know the lore, but it wasn't uncommon long ago for rulers to basically adopt someone to serve as their heir in the event they either had no natural heirs, or they thought their heirs were garbage.

It could have easily been a case where the ruling couple couldn't have children and Leia was basically adopted and raised as their heir.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know the lore, but it wasn't uncommon long ago for rulers to basically adopt someone to serve as their heir in the event they either had no natural heirs, or they thought their heirs were garbage.

It could have easily been a case where the ruling couple couldn't have children and Leia was basically adopted and raised as their heir.
Alderaan sounds like clown world. No wonder Tarkin blew that shit up.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Alderaan sounds like clown world. No wonder Tarkin blew that shit up.

Leia in the original says they are pacifists and have no weapons. Is it really so hard to believe that a planet of faggot pacifists would adopt some orphan baby to be their next queen?

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Leia in the original says they are pacifists and have no weapons. Is it really so hard to believe that a planet of faggot pacifists would adopt some orphan baby to be their next queen?
it does explain why Cara wasnt on Alderaan when it got blown up. she would have noped the fuck out of there, long ago. probably called them a bunch of slack jawed faggots as she was leaving.

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
While we are having this nerd discussion, how did Vader know Luke was his son? Was it the name skywalker? Is the name that uncommon? Why didnt Vader ever google it and come up with a tattooine social media account?
nerds GIF

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think they will eventually do away with the sequel trilogy as an alternate timeline of events, but they will slow roll it out and won't acknowledge that's part of the plan for at least a few years. Do a good job with Luke, Grogu, and the fledgling Jedi academy, and in 5 years even people that like 7-9 would begrudgingly accept a new continuity that avoids the grim end to the Jedi Temple we learned of in TFA.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Garbage