The Mandalorian

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I still don't get why the stone Grogu sat on a few episodes ago glowed with all that runic crap.

I mean, we've never seen anything like that before from Jedi and I'm fairly certain they don't have their own special runic language.

In all your time watching star wars, have you never noticed that nothing is written in english? That wasn't fucking runes, it was just regular galactic writing that you see all over the galaxy. Probably instructions for how to use the baby jedi changing table.

Not sure if this was brought up but are Dark Troopers programmed to detect force sensitive beings? In the finale they were banging on the blast door but they stopped when Luke flew into the bay and turned their attention to him.

That could be the answer. I figured that Luke had already started slicing and dicing them and the others had called for help. Maybe their sensitivity to the force allowed luke to taunt them.

Was she a princess? Her dad was born a slave and her mom was a geisha from Naboo. The alderaaneans wouldnt know she was a princess. She has a false memory of her mom and it wasnt until the end of RoJ that she found out Vader is her dad.

In the star wars galaxy they have this thing they call adoption. What you do is get children born from other parents and adopt them and act like they're you're own natural born children. It's mostly done to hide the children from evil emperors, but there are probably there are probably other reasons to do it too. Another of Lucas's crazy ideas and he hasn't really fleshed it out much.

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just watched it front to back again. Ep 8 really was on different level. The Dark Trooper action was well done with regard to the physics and gravity involved in the melee.

Sound effects and takes were all just right. Great finale for a variety of reasons. Everything was clean.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure if this was brought up but are Dark Troopers programmed to detect force sensitive beings? In the finale they were banging on the blast door but they stopped when Luke flew into the bay and turned their attention to him.

My take was they're plugged into the ship and are also on the Galactic version of 5G. They would have likely got all the sensor data as soon as the X-Wing dropped out of hyperspace in that case. I don't see any reason they wouldn't be networked to a control center that feeds them orders and information. I don't know anything about the new EU or if that tech exists.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yeah with the way that was shown it didn't need to be force sensitivity, it just needed to be them addressing the new threat that just cruised their ship into the landing bay.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
like what was said, they are plugged into the ship "network"

-droids- ship landing unit xxx333 detain/remove possible threat.

xxx333 goes to dock...

luke slices and dices

xxx333-- alert alert Jed.......static

punching stops as the level of threat from the dock goes from...its a pilot to...oh fuck me sideways with an r2 unit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just want my boy Bossk to show up on the boba show.

Actually wearing this shirt as we speak.

1609257233325.jpeg

• 4Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man oh man....

I made it through a handful of episodes in Season 1 before coming on here and trashing it, then I stopped watching it completely. Bored as hell this past weekend I thought I'd give it another go as I saw the new season was up....

So glad I did. The series does start really slow, and feels a bit disjointed but picks up significantly at the end of season 1. Season 2 is on a different level entirely and was almost perfect the entire way through (still a few plodding filler episodes - froglok I'm looking at you), but at no point did I not enjoy myself. Then the ramp up the last 3 episodes.... Star Wars is back. It "felt" like Star Wars, that's the highest compliment I can pay something Star Wars related. In fact, the end of season 2 is the best Star Wars related media since KOTOR II, one of my top 5 games of all time and the best Star Wars thing since the original trilogy.

The only thing I'm pissed about now is I read that we may not get another season of Mandalorian until Spring/Summer 2022.... I get that they have a ton of stuff brewing (new Boba, Ahsoka etc) and Covid is interfering with production but that's just too long. That's GOT long, and this is 35 minutes/8episode seasons. Hopefully that rumor is wrong.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
After Mando, I've been catching up on Rebels, and despite some sore points (at this point you wonder how there was so much adult Jedi as every teenage padawan we've ever seen always seem to be completely retarded) it has been great, so much lore and good scenes in there.

Just got through the episode
with Obi Wan and Maul
and got it was great.

Still, the most retarded thing in the show had to be Inquisitors playing helicopter lol.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still, the most retarded thing in the show had to be Inquisitors playing helicopter lol.
The voice actors were joking about that on set when the scenes were explained to them. We'll never know the toy sales for those characters but you could tell someone from merchandise demanded it be in there.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The only thing I'm pissed about now is I read that we may not get another season of Mandalorian until Spring/Summer 2022.... I get that they have a ton of stuff brewing (new Boba, Ahsoka etc) and Covid is interfering with production but that's just too long. That's GOT long, and this is 35 minutes/8episode seasons. Hopefully that rumor is wrong.

Maybe things have changed, but I think Season 3 is supposed to be right after Book of Boba Fett (dec 2021), which is a small mini series, so like right around this time, maybe early January 2022?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 3 will air according to Disney's schedule to maximize Disney+ subscriptions. Feb/March 2022 at the earliest.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like how all the photos of the people who ruined Star Wars are all women, and then photos of the people who are now successfully rebuilding Star Wars are all men.
cuz chicks dont "get" star wars. i mean some do, but those are special unicorns. the majority of women think Star Wars and the concept of Star Wars is silly. maybe it is, but if you think that, you shouldnt be in charge of creating content for it.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Women think Star Wars is techy and geeky.
Men think how wonderful it would be to choke hold them from across the room to get them to shut up.

Yup. That's Star Wars.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
A woman is the reason Star Wars wasn't a shit mess. George Lucas's lady did the editing of the very first film... Look what happened when he had full control of the prequels. You need an ideas man, and good editors. And they can't be the same people.

Screenshot_20201229-142331_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20201229-142509_Chrome.png

But then you can have a great editor and shit storytelling and get Rise of Skywalker.

Screenshot_20201229-142627_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20201229-142716_Chrome.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
cuz chicks dont "get" star wars. i mean some do, but those are special unicorns. the majority of women think Star Wars and the concept of Star Wars is silly. maybe it is, but if you think that, you shouldnt be in charge of creating content for it.
I think Lucas' wife did the original editing for Episode IV, so not always...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A woman is the reason Star Wars wasn't a shit mess. George Lucas's lady did the editing of the very first film... Look what happened when he had full control of the prequels. You need an ideas man, and good editors. And they can't be the same people.

View attachment 325977

View attachment 325979

But then you can have a great editor and shit storytelling and get Rise of Skywalker.

View attachment 325980

View attachment 325981

Rise was edited on set during filming. It didn't get traditional editing treatment.