The Mandalorian

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Luke is likely only known as a pilot in the rebellion. And the Rebellion, as we learn in the trash sequels, isn't exactly wide spread. Him being a "Jedi" was only present in maybe two scenes, and mostly Return of the Jedi where they kill everyone on Jabba's yacht, and the 1x2 scene with Vader and Palpatine. I don't count the scene in Empire because for all the participants involved in freezing Han know was that he was tossed down a hatch.

High ranking Empire officials were probably given this information on a strictly confidential basis. Likely also had exposure to Vader, and users of the force would be terrifying, regardless of who they were. Never made sense to me why one of the officers at the table in the first Star Wars would be indignant or dismissive and talk shit to a guy who can literally choke you out from across the room...

Now picture a clone war of force users.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yah I given the dude in a New Hope who basically rips Vader for his Hokey Religion, I don't think most people had any inkling of Jedi/Force etc and Luke was just 1 dude in a giant rebellion. Even tho he nailed the 1st death star, he didn't really do much else after that was widely known. I doubt anyone really knew he went and confronted Vader/Palps etc. From the Rebels POV they only prob knew about the shield generator team and the DS exploding.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats actually a good point. people blame Johnson for ep 8 debacle, which it was, but JJ deserves a lot of blame for hatching such a dumb fucking idea. Burning the Jedi temple is the most retarded fucking decision that could have been made.

Think of all of the great things that could of come from the prime years of Jedi Master Luke and the journeys of his young padawans. They could of killed it with that treasure trove of opportunity. Instead we had to take the long road back with Mando and Grogu.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It would appear Jones handled Luke’s action beats while Hamill acted in the scene where Luke came face to face with Baby Yoda and took him away for Jedi training.
This makes sense. Mark Hamill is so loved by the Star Wars and larger nerd community, who largely believed that not only they trashed Luke Skywalker's character, but did so while Mark Hamill protested the direction. Getting him involved in the production at a deep level is the only way to give the character legitimacy.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think they will eventually do away with the sequel trilogy as an alternate timeline of events, but they will slow roll it out and won't acknowledge that's part of the plan for at least a few years. Do a good job with Luke, Grogu, and the fledgling Jedi academy, and in 5 years even people that like 7-9 would begrudgingly accept a new continuity that avoids the grim end to the Jedi Temple we learned of in TFA.
Who knows. Disney chases the $$$ and there's no $$$ in the abortion that is episodes 7-9. How are those Kylo Ren masks and Rei action figures selling?? Meanwhile, they're probably selling Grogu dolls so hard they're putting long ears onto Furbies.

I bet the show creators are going to get realllly tired of every interview that involves a Star Wars fan including questions about, "Hey, I really loved the direction you took X character, but everything goes to shit in stupid ways for him in order to satisfy the sequels, right???"

• 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I bet the show creators are going to get realllly tired of every interview that involves a Star Wars fan including questions about, "Hey, I really loved the direction you took X character, but everything goes to shit in stupid ways for him in order to satisfy the sequels, right???"

I want to watch an interview when someone actually asks something that blunt.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think they will eventually do away with the sequel trilogy as an alternate timeline of events, but they will slow roll it out and won't acknowledge that's part of the plan for at least a few years. Do a good job with Luke, Grogu, and the fledgling Jedi academy, and in 5 years even people that like 7-9 would begrudgingly accept a new continuity that avoids the grim end to the Jedi Temple we learned of in TFA.

That's the plan.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
FYI there is a 'making of season 2' episode on Disney+ (just one episode this time). I didn't know the actress that plays Bo Katan was who voiced the same character in Clone Wars.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder how many fucking take backs disney wishes they had on Episode 7-9. I actually liked 7 despite it being obviously a 4 remake. I thought JJ did the one thing he knows how to do: reboot and set up interesting questions. Lord knows he cannot fucking answer his own questions. I had great faith that Johnson was the right guy to answer those, but clearly I was wrong. Still haven't watched Knives Out because of that. And JJ basically did a mid-reboot reboot with 9 that was just trash. Fuck it was even worse fan service than ANYTHING in the Mandalorian. It was just a fucking fanfic of the lowest quality. I had expected some of Luke's Jedi survived and would play a role. I expected the Knighs of Ren to be a rebuild of an actual Sith-like religion (since I expected the Emperor to be, you know, fucking dead and that Jacen...er...Kylo wouldn't know the rule of 2 bullshit). I expected at least some interesting origin for snoke that probably did tie back to Palpatine...but jesus.

If they go down the path of recasting Luke and/or doing a series on this Jedi training for an older Luke (Hammill is definitely not up to much....), I'll enjoy it and pretend the shit that's coming didn't happen.

Edit - also per the discussion a few pages back, my wife had no fucking clue it was Luke. She's seen all of the movies a few times each and barely still remember he had a green lightsaber in ROTJ. The casual watcher may not have known it was Luke. I think showing Luke was fucking awesome and I had a dorkgasm and nearly cried. So fuck it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
The Mandalorian season 2 is all I ever wanted from Star Wars. The newest movies can rot in hell and take their writers/directors with them.

• 13Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it does explain why Cara wasnt on Alderaan when it got blown up. she would have noped the fuck out of there, long ago. probably called them a bunch of slack jawed faggots as she was leaving.
Alderaan probably didn't invent chicken pot pie yet.

girl needs to find da carbs

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how many fucking take backs disney wishes they had on Episode 7-9. I actually liked 7 despite it being obviously a 4 remake. I thought JJ did the one thing he knows how to do: reboot and set up interesting questions. Lord knows he cannot fucking answer his own questions. I had great faith that Johnson was the right guy to answer those, but clearly I was wrong. Still haven't watched Knives Out because of that. And JJ basically did a mid-reboot reboot with 9 that was just trash. Fuck it was even worse fan service than ANYTHING in the Mandalorian. It was just a fucking fanfic of the lowest quality. I had expected some of Luke's Jedi survived and would play a role. I expected the Knighs of Ren to be a rebuild of an actual Sith-like religion (since I expected the Emperor to be, you know, fucking dead and that Jacen...er...Kylo wouldn't know the rule of 2 bullshit). I expected at least some interesting origin for snoke that probably did tie back to Palpatine...but jesus.

If they go down the path of recasting Luke and/or doing a series on this Jedi training for an older Luke (Hammill is definitely not up to much....), I'll enjoy it and pretend the shit that's coming didn't happen.

Edit - also per the discussion a few pages back, my wife had no fucking clue it was Luke. She's seen all of the movies a few times each and barely still remember he had a green lightsaber in ROTJ. The casual watcher may not have known it was Luke. I think showing Luke was fucking awesome and I had a dorkgasm and nearly cried. So fuck it.
Knives Out is like the opposite of The Last Jedi. I really liked that movie.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I know a lot of people I trust say to give Johnson a chance and watch that. I will sometime over the winter break.
Its SJW trash. Mexican takes over white people property. Dont do it.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Had the opportunity to walk a Star Wars dabbler friend through the Ahsoka episode tonight when she got to it(at least my 12th viewing of that ep) which seems to be the cut off between the casuals and more hardcore, and ended up doing the entire end of the season with her. Had to take a 15 minute break to explain who Ahsoka was, and why I felt she was my favorite Star Wars character, but that didn't seem to bog things down. Then we immediately got the Boba Fett stuff. Holy cow, how did we get this lucky. I'm in the love all Star Wars camp but this series is just so insanely good no matter what your fan level is. Dabbler friend is already asking questions which lead her directly to both Clone Wars and Rebels.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I watched the Gallery episode for season 2 Mandalorian and it was pretty informative to watch. I laughed when they were talking about the whole "Maclunkey" thing.

• 2Like