The Mandalorian

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
after actual white supremacists and other assorted nutcases stormed the Capitol and tried to overturn an election by executing the government
Wait, are you arguing WE are the out of touch with reality ones?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Dude.

People in 6 Million Jews Wasn't Enough shirts show up at the Capitol, arm-in-arm with a bunch of other assorted nutcases and Civil War 2 enthusiasts, and literally tried to hunt down our elected leaders and murder them because their con artist/false prophet lost an election. Any illusion that your side believed in the "rule of law" was blown completely away.

Your whole brand is ruined, and it's not profitable anymore. Once Pratt ends up on the wrong side of the profit equation, he will get axed too. This is capitalism, the other thing you pretend to believe in along with the "rule of law."

Can I ask you a question? What's the difference between some Camp Auschwitz dudes attending a protest, and Antifa, the DNC, or the Women's Rally hauling along Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and various Farahkhan supporters calling to destroy the "Zionist entity", or act in a way to denigrate and destroy the *actual* place Jews could hold out when push comes to shove (Israel).

Hint: Very little except one is better able to use cloaked language, and has institutional power and influence, while the other struggles to keep a paypal account active and hold a job on the peripheral of society. I know who to truly fear.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
In-context of people claiming they're the ones being hunted down after actual white supremacists and other assorted nutcases stormed the Capitol and tried to overturn an election by executing the government, it is extremely controversial.

you're out of your gord

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So why didn’t mando himself get fired for directly comparing trump supporters to nazis and southern rebels?
he put the magic words on his twitter, grants him immunity
d89f91eb52da7a65b8fae90517286c31.png

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't want to be offensive but do you actually have autism? Of course it was controversial, bringing nazis into the argument is always controversial because for the tortured metaphor to work then someone has to be the fucking nazis.

Controversy may be a meaningless thing to you and me, but to Disney Inc, churner of all things childhood and nostalgic? Get a grip dude. If you can't understand why they don't want what is essentially a kids adventure serial or the actors in it to be associated with that kind of rhetoric, you're just choosing not to see it. If you weant to argue it isn't being applied fairly, sure, you might have a point idk. But this blanket denialism is just retarded.
I don't want to be offensive--but have you actually read what she wrote yet?

She didn't say anyone was guilty, it was a generalized statement that people who are convinced to hate their neighbor can allow unspeakable things to happen. It applies to everyone. That's not controversial at all--its literally just a history lesson, because its accurate. That's EXACTLY what happened. Hitler went on a campaign dehumanizing the Jews and saying they were a secret cabal that worked together to keep the german worker down (In fact, his rhetoric was almost exactly what White Privilege is today--their success was evidence of their culpability in the 'conspiracy' to oppress Germans).

But regardless, she didn't direct it at anyone, it can apply to either side--and its a statement about division.

You already got linked Pedro using Nazis comparisons, so did most of Hollywood. Do you want me to dig up a bunch of quotes saying red-hats are effectively the new Swastika? (Hell, Spike Lee said Trump is worse than Hitler--so did a few other actors I can go find)

So even when directed (And thus controversial), Disney doesn't fire people for Nazi comparisons. But in this case, it lacked controversy because it literally wasn't comparing anyone to Nazis--it was warning us about the growing political divide.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Her message was that people imposing mask regulations are comparable to Nazis. That's just gross. If you want to go ahead and throw whatever examples you want of left wing people undermining confidence in public safety measures using similar comparisons, go ahead, that's just as gross. Disney should fire those people too, should they choose to do so. Otherwise they should be mocked.

whew. Good thing you were able to narrowly tailor that to only include public safety measures. Otherwise you might have had an uncomfortable realization.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can I ask you a question? What's the difference between some Camp Auschwitz dudes attending a protest, and Antifa, the DNC, or the Women's Rally hauling along Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and various Farahkhan supporters calling to destroy the "Zionist entity", or act in a way to denigrate and destroy the *actual* place Jews could hold out when push comes to shove (Israel).

Hint: Very little except one is better able to use cloaked language, and has institutional power and influence, while the other struggles to keep a paypal account active and hold a job on the peripheral of society. I know who to truly fear.
If I, as a reasonable human being, showed up at a "protest" and it turns out there were people in Camp Auschwitz merchandise, OR people out looking to kill cops, I would turn around and go the fuck home.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Out of context, her comments were not controversial. I agree.

In-context of people claiming they're the ones being hunted down after actual white supremacists and other assorted nutcases stormed the Capitol and tried to overturn an election by executing the government, it is extremely controversial.

These people should have the ability to read the room. I refuse to believe these people are just stupid. These people clearly WANT to be crucified for espousing their beliefs. It either fulfills some kind of psychological death drive or martyr complex, or they think there's some room on the margins to exploit conservatives in their separate media ecosystem and want in on that. It's been demonstrated that a D-list celebrity can make more money on that side of the media spectrum than they can just being an bottom-tier douche-nozzle floating among the mainstream, so maybe that's what they're doing.

BLM set a trap for and assassinated a dozen police officers. They killed 30 people in riots, burning a man alive even. Who was crucified for supporting BLM?

You can't justify your hypocrisy. If a riot in the capital in an insurrection, then Liberals were in the midst of one for weeks over the summer. Oh, but I forgot, we're playing the game where words magically change meaning depending on when you need to defend the indefensible. So lets just start with who was crucified for supporting an organization that literally killed people to incite terror.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If I, as a reasonable human being, showed up at a "protest" and it turns out there were people in Camp Auschwitz merchandise, OR people out looking to kill cops, I would turn around and go the fuck home.

Way to not answer his question. LOL. So what about Liberals who wear Mao, Lenin and assorted figures?

Your argument rests on a SINGLE photo of a single person out of hundreds of thousands of people. So literally all anyone has to do to shut down a leftist rally is show up in a special shirt? Are we now saying a protest can all be blamed for their worst members? Again then, how about the BLM people who locked someone inside of a building and literally burned them alive. Why was Pelosi thanking them after? Why didn't all the rational leftists just go home?

Your standards only apply to one side. When the right has bad apples, their whole movement has to answer for them--when the left does, its wrong to try and paint the whole movement with them.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude.

People in 6 Million Jews Wasn't Enough shirts show up at the Capitol, arm-in-arm with a bunch of other assorted nutcases and Civil War 2 enthusiasts, and literally tried to hunt down our elected leaders and murder them because their con artist/false prophet lost an election. Any illusion that your side believed in the "rule of law" was blown completely away.

Your whole brand is ruined, and it's not profitable anymore. Once Pratt ends up on the wrong side of the profit equation, he will get axed too. This is capitalism, the other thing you pretend to believe in along with the "rule of law."
You believing this shit does not make it true and its a discussion best had in the Pol thread, which you noped out of. You voluntarily distanced yourself from the last source of alternate information you had to snort the kool aid right out of the packet. I get it, its hard to face reality. So keep out of the political shit and go find yourself some nice jewish girl to settle down with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Are you one of those people refusing to watch the actual video evidence?

Is it as bad as the swarms of people that rushed the White House, injured dozens of secret service, and took shots at the WH causing Orange Man to go underground, all while the media praised this rebellion of the "voices of the unheard" while ridiculing Trump as a cowardly "bunker boy"?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If she wasn't talking about the masks (or rather the larger mask debate), she has a weird way of showing it given the context of her social media posts that followed and her previous comments. If she wasn't, she could clear that right up though, idk. It doesn't matter, except in that I find that to be a gross thing to do. Disney apparently thought she was. Which is the real issue here, Disney doesn't owe her a spinoff, and she didn't want to tow the company line. I love a good fuck you to "the man" but you can't be a rebel AND a whiner.

I don't even get how people made the leap to masks. Are there places where people are turning in their neighbors for not wearing masks? I remember hearing about tip lines for people gathering in large groups that got flooded with dick pics, but that's as close as I heard. However, I have heard leaders on the left recently talking about making lists of their enemies and putting them into re-education camps. I think you have to be a complete fucking moron to look at what she posted and think it's about masks. And now that they actually dick slapped you in the face by following through and firing her you still can't see it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Cop: Can you guys not touch anything? This plays is sacred kind of.

Literal Nazi insurrectionists intent on destroy the government: Oh yeah man, no problem. I'm going to make sure nothing is damaged.

Cop: Cool.

Meanwhile, "peaceful protest"...(Since Youtube is blocking the thumbnail, the HQ the police set up due to multiple incursions onto the WH grounds was burned down and the police were violently beaten back. Over 50 SS agents were injured, a few hospitalized. But mostly peaceful!)

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You opted out of the politics subforum you wretched unloved harridan, so either fucking abide by it or opt back in.

• 3Like

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude.

The only politicians that have been actually attacked or killed have been done so by liberals.

jonestown. Communists. Baseball game shooting at the congressmen. Bernie supporter. Rand pauls neighbor etc.

now take that type of shit to politics.

1613072848046.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users