The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
the really crazy thing is the rumor is that Andor's budget is over $250m, which is greater than both seasons of mandalorian

maybe they are shooting 2 seasons back to back or something
Part of that is due to the length of the series. Andor is slated for 12 episodes instead of the 8 for each Mando season.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think the only thing about Andor is it has the possiblilty of being the darkest/grittiest of the SW shows so far. Also K2S0.
Since our introduction to the character is literally shanking a guy who just gave him info so the empire couldn't catch them both, I sure hope that's the tone for the series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Worth noting that reports are K2 won't be in this as it stands. They haven't confirmed if it will be multiple seasons, but it seems they could pull that off as there will be a few year gap between this and Rebels era. Another chance for Ahsoka to pop up as Fulcrum as well.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I f'n hate "Rey" as a character. But whatever - if they want to trash up and get woke in Mandalorian, I'll just watch something else.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

That makes no sense unless it's only a cameo as a kid or a long time skip.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I liked Rey fine enough but definitely could do without.
Rey is an absolute trash character. She doesn't have any progression or character development at all through the series. I don't hate the person or the acting, but the character/role was just the absolute fucking worst. Kylo is about a million times more interesting, and he's a retarded manbaby with force powers and a terrible character to watch. It's only the fact that he's the only character that seems remotely human that the audience is drawn to him as such.

The sequels were objectively bad. Things just happened, and there was little motivation in terms of plot or characters to do anything themselves, or the audience to care other than "Oh no universe is ending!!!!!" Their writers should all be expunged from ever writing anything again. It's just "THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN" and then it happens over and over and over. But nothing feels satisfying or earned.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Some of the Love Death and Robot shorts are better than those movies. In my head, I imagine there was once a good script. The script had nothing to do with any character race or gender. Then... it did, and that changed the entire movie into what it is today. Forced and unrecognizable from what it originally was. I really.. REALLY like Mandalorian. But I'm just at the point I know it doesnt do any good to complain about the shit, just dont spend money on it. If I want to see it for w/e reason, Ill boot leg - like others have said.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Not that we really need to rehash that the Disney sequels ranged from mediocre remake (TFA) to actively bad (TLJ, ROS), and that was almost entirely due to the (re)writing, not the acting, but we need to be very clear here:

The reason Kylo Ren was the only interesting new character in the sequels is because modern liberal orthodoxy says that 'minorities' cannot possibly have any flaws, and thus can't change because they were perfect to start with and will always be perfect forever.

There are no grounds to think that orthodoxy will change anytime soon, and the only vote you have is with your wallet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
opening scene Mandalorian season 3

Mandalore and Billy "Bitch Tits" Burr are silently walking on a sand dune, single file to hide their numbers
a weird old lady dressed in Porg fur comes up and asks if they have seen Kylo
they ask who she is
Im Rey Skywalker and starts screaming and yelling about Palpatine coming back
Billy shoots her, shrugs, and the two keep walking

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show is over if they dont get Gina back. might as well bring in Rey, Brie Larson too as the baddest ass Jedi ever.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Not that we really need to rehash that the Disney sequels ranged from mediocre remake (TFA) to actively bad (TLJ, ROS), and that was almost entirely due to the (re)writing, not the acting, but we need to be very clear here:

The reason Kylo Ren was the only interesting new character in the sequels is because modern liberal orthodoxy says that 'minorities' cannot possibly have any flaws, and thus can't change because they were perfect to start with and will always be perfect forever.

There are no grounds to think that orthodoxy will change anytime soon, and the only vote you have is with your wallet.

What was hilarious is how this was embodied/symbolized so efficiently in a scene within the movie.

Finn was the closest character outside of Kylo to have an arc. He was a coward and powerless at the start of the film due to being a victim of horrible torture and kidnapping. Slowly he becomes braver (And stronger). Then, at the ultimate moment when his arc might reach its zenith, and the man who tried to run away from the fight multiple times decides to be the hero who sacrifices himself for his friends by NOT running even when it seems hopeless and everyone else does....Right at that moment Social Justice personified literally rams him from the side and tells him "no, Finn. You were right, you never needed to fight them, you just need to 'save' what you already were!" (Forget the fact that this, of course, makes no sense...)

It was one of the most baffling scenes I have ever seen in a film. To this day I find the stupidity of this scene to be more stupefying than the entire sum of dumb scenes The Room. On a philosophical level, it is really that nonsensical and bad that it seems crafted expertly to be just that. (Which is actually quite amazing in its own right.)

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What was hilarious is how this was embodied/symbolized so efficiently in a scene within the movie.

Finn was the closest character outside of Kylo to have an arc. He was a coward and powerless at the start of the film due to being a victim of horrible torture and kidnapping. Slowly he becomes braver (And stronger). Then, at the ultimate moment when his arc might reach its zenith, and the man who tried to run away from the fight multiple times decides to be the hero who sacrifices himself for his friends by NOT running even when it seems hopeless and everyone else does....Right at that moment Social Justice personified literally rams him from the side and tells him "no, Finn. You were right, you never needed to fight them, you just need to 'save' what you already were!" (Forget the fact that this, of course, makes no sense...)

It was one of the most baffling scenes I have ever seen in a film. To this day I find the stupidity of this scene to be more stupefying than the entire sum of dumb scenes The Room. On a philosophical level, it is really that nonsensical and bad that it seems crafted expertly to be just that. (Which is actually quite amazing in its own right.)

it's... i mean it's an awful scene.

but in a different kind of movie it might be okay. the idea that sacrificing yourself isn't always the right move. being a martyr causes more harm than good to the people who you would make that sacrifice for. they still have to feel that loss.

i think there's an interesting story to tell about that in some way.

but in the context of the last jedi? it made NO sense. you can't NOT make sacrifices in war. you absolutely cannot guilt your enemy into losing. you can do that to weak-willed individuals but on a battlefield? it doesn't even make sense to have that thought process. and based on the story that we were being told? the whole scene happened STRICTLY to lecture finn, and by proxy, the audience.

Fadaar

That guy
That scene is the kind of retarded shit you see in bad anime. Yet here it is in a multi billion dollar marquee American movie franchise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user