The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone keeps saying that, but the Darksaber is way too big for Grogu. Go back to when Luke offers him Yoda's saber and the Darksaber hilt is like 4 times longer.
yeah, i don't exactly like the idea of grogu with a lightsaber, at least not for a long time. yoda fighting was one of those "WHOA THIS IS SO COOL!! ... wait... actually in hindsight i hate this" kind of things. grogu as a mandalorian is also kind of the same thing for me. i like the idea in concept but i really don't want to see it, you know? but maybe seeing a battle hardened yoda with scars and beskar might change my mind on that?

i don't know, like i said i don't really like the idea of it but i also think that's where they are going with it

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I'm curious where they're going with it. No way he's fucking wielding the Dark Saber unless he's force wielding it like a fucking dervish the whole time, which sounds badass but would look goofy as hell. Obviously they're going for the Daddy/Son heroes for hire thing and he'll be geared up at some point, but maybe he'll just force throw shit and deflect blaster shots instead of using any traditional weaponry.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I'm curious where they're going with it. No way he's fucking wielding the Dark Saber unless he's force wielding it like a fucking dervish the whole time, which sounds badass but would look goofy as hell. Obviously they're going for the Daddy/Son heroes for hire thing and he'll be geared up at some point, but maybe he'll just force throw shit and deflect blaster shots instead of using any traditional weaponry.
If he does lean Jedi, he would make his own saber as part of his training. Using Force abiities with Mando skills would be sweet too.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
cant wait for S7 where grogu is a angsty teen using the force to get laid and figure out the best drugs.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't the first season establish that Grogu was 30 years old, or some such? So, if his age equivalent is 1 year for every 10 human years, then he will always be a toddler for this show. That makes him a fairly one dimensional and uninteresting character.

I was disappointed they put him back on, full time, so they can seemingly sell more merch and the longer this show goes on, the more I dislike the character. Luckily, everything else is good to great, so it's tolerable for now.

Cybsled

Older - like 60-80.

But ya, they can effectively keep him in baby form for the rest of the show outside of a time jump

Goatface

Didn't the first season establish that Grogu was 30 years old, or some such? So, if his age equivalent is 1 year for every 10 human years, then he will always be a toddler for this show. That makes him a fairly one dimensional and uninteresting character.
50, so he 53-55 now? he was born around same time as vader.
don't know if this is still cannon, it is on Wookieepedia

read he could begin to age mental faster after so many decades.

1679017366645.png

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I was disappointed they put him back on, full time, so they can seemingly sell more merch and the longer this show goes on, the more I dislike the character. Luckily, everything else is good to great, so it's tolerable for now.
Uninteresting? nah. One dimensional? Probably. However they don't need to make Grogu interesting, he just needs to be a plot device, like he always has been. He's the shows connection to the force, and by transitive properties, Din's as well.

Now I want to see Din doing summersaults with Grogu on his back like Luke and Yoda.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
While I agree about not wanting to see Grogu hopping and somersaulting all over the place like Yoda did in AOTC, I could see him eventually get his own customized armor set and force-wielding the Darksaber like some Jedi or Sith do in the expanded universe. KOTOR 2 had Darth Traya use three sabers that she controlled entirely with her mind and that she could spin around and use for combat without having to close the distance with her adversary, I could imagine that being done with just one saber EVENTUALLY by Grogu, and only in a limited few action sequences. Hard to imagine him using blasters while he's so small, and I expect he'll be very small for the entire show. Maybe some armor attack functions like the wrist darts I guess?

They have been showing his powers increasing (he's not falling asleep immediately after using the Force anymore), he does some flips, and he's starting to make a few more noises and near-words (tried to say "This is the way" in the last episode). Hell in the first episode of this season I half expected the small helmet the Armorer was making was for Grogu, so I think we are definitely going to see him as more than just the merch plushie down the line.

velk

Trakanon Raider
A+ space lasers, C- political intrigue. I blame Andor for making them feel like people weren't taking them seriously. ( They aren't, they are here for the space lasers ).

j00t

While I agree about not wanting to see Grogu hopping and somersaulting all over the place like Yoda did in AOTC, I could see him eventually get his own customized armor set and force-wielding the Darksaber like some Jedi or Sith do in the expanded universe. KOTOR 2 had Darth Traya use three sabers that she controlled entirely with her mind and that she could spin around and use for combat without having to close the distance with her adversary, I could imagine that being done with just one saber EVENTUALLY by Grogu, and only in a limited few action sequences. Hard to imagine him using blasters while he's so small, and I expect he'll be very small for the entire show. Maybe some armor attack functions like the wrist darts I guess?

They have been showing his powers increasing (he's not falling asleep immediately after using the Force anymore), he does some flips, and he's starting to make a few more noises and near-words (tried to say "This is the way" in the last episode). Hell in the first episode of this season I half expected the small helmet the Armorer was making was for Grogu, so I think we are definitely going to see him as more than just the merch plushie down the line.
that's EXACTLY how i daydreamed mace windu would fight anakin. one of the interesting ideas that star wars presented was how different aliens would swordfight based on their anatomy. we have all these styles and techniques that work because of a specific humanoid anatomy but if you get an alien with a different hand or wrist configuration it would completely change how they are able to wield a lightsaber. there was a clone wars episode with a jedi named pong krell or something? he had 4 arms and was able to dual wield saberstaffs (saberstaves?).

anyway, grogu being an atypical shape and size makes it interesting how differently he could move in combat, and obviously he's still way too young to be doing much else other than some force powers here and there, but like you said, it could be interesting to see him doing SOMETHING physical on rare occasions just to see how differently he could be to yoda.

also, it's hard to see but in close ups of grogu you can see his beskar chain mail right under his neck. it's not like they are trying to draw attention to it, but they definitely show that he's already on the way to full mando armor.

which, makes me wonder how non-human characters look as mandalorians... like, what about a twi'lek or a togruta (ahsoka's race)?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
started multiquoting everyone but fuck it you guys are getting around to the point with each passing post so I stopped.

Grogu is 50 years old (well maybe 53 now) ie 5 years old and he will be a child until season 52 of this fucking show. he's just a plot device that has outlived his usefulness and he should of been left in S2 but gotta sell more merchandise so bleh.

Also Yoda in AOTC was fake and gay and anyone wanting more of that for grogu but this time add some body armor is fake and gay as well. The yoda species are wizards not fucking paladins in any physical contest they are fucking liability and would get folded and clapped instantly by even a 5th grader. It is the force that gives them power not strength of arms you fucking imbeciles.

The only reason I can see of keeping Grogu around in the background so we can continue telling the tales of Florida man "hey I need to go fight something hold my baby" is that when this show has outlived its usefulness and gets cancelled they can start up a grogu show which is time jumped into a future where the shitty sequels never happened and we have a young adult version of grogu doing jedi shit but with an attitude and not being a pacifist faggot.

Also I concur with the spiritual reawakening, getting back to her roots bo-kataan and can see her riding the mythosaur by seasons end reuniting the mandalorians on a crusade to retake the homeworld.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

grogu in melee is definitely a liability, even with beskar.

but give that little guy a blaster and some wrist rockets and it's game on. he's such a small target and with his little flight of the navigator pod he can just start carpet bombing soft targets and it's lights out

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Grogu is most certainly going to get some character growth this season. He still seems to need to get over whatever trauma he endured from Order 66. The season previews showed what is likely a flashback to his time in the Jedi temple with Anakin cutting through a door with his lightsaber. If he gets through that mental block, he can start being a more useful team member for Mando instead of a sideshow puppet.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Favreau and Filoni have said Grogu is the future. When they jump time again for new movies, he will be one of the main focuses. This has always been their plan for him.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also Yoda in AOTC was fake and gay and anyone wanting more of that for grogu but this time add some body armor is fake and gay as well. The yoda species are wizards not fucking paladins in any physical contest they are fucking liability and would get folded and clapped instantly by even a 5th grader. It is the force that gives them power not strength of arms you fucking imbeciles.
Your idea of what you think Yoda race is and can or cannot do doesn't trump cannon. It is indeed you who are fake and gay.

yoda GIF

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Episode 3 seemed like the writers watched Andor, were like "yeah we want some of that", then wrote the worst version of an Andor episode they could imagine. Terrible attempts to make us care about these characters we don't care about. All wrapped in terrible CG. I'm bummed this show is headed down the toilet

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
PXL_20230319_160104478.jpg

PXL_20230319_160105451.jpg

The sideways glance that the Mon Calamari doctor gives the camera when Pershing says "it's a trap!" 😹😹😹 That had to be intentional lmao

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users