The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"andor is such a great show, it's almost single-handedly redeeming all the awful things that star wars has done lately."

also

"this episode of mando sucked, this is basically just andor 2.0."

Steve Brule What GIF

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mando is Bad Batch in live action form, there are going to be entire episodes you can skip and other ones you actually care about. But we're never going to get Rogue One levels of combat for a TV series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guy always makes solid points.

I don't know what his whole review on Andor is but his "nobody asked for this" is true, but also gave us some of the best star wars we've seen since rogue one.

The whole thing of establishing characters we care about is double sided in which you need boring episodes to build them up and develop and really have to fall back on great dialog, acting, casting and writing. Something pretty much devoid in almost 99% of popular media today.

Of course his whole point of star wars is dead is also true. Until they axe Kennedy it'll forever remain and we'll just keep getting short hits of acceptable star wars here and there.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I dug the episode. Sure it could have used more Mando action, but it beats the season 1 "SG-1" style episodes where Mando shows up to a random planet, helps the local people on some random side quest that doesn't develop the overall plot at all, then fucks off somewhere else never to see those characters again.
I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This episode was the precursor to that Imp chick most likely infiltrating the Republic to save Gideon. Along with the shitload of TIEs that showed up on Mandalore, they are most likely dropping the Thrawn reveal in the last episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This episode was the precursor to that Imp chick most likely infiltrating the Republic to save Gideon. Along with the shitload of TIEs that showed up on Mandalore, they are most likely dropping the Thrawn reveal in the last episode.

If they're smart they'll reveal him in the penultimate episode and have him in the whole finale episode

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thrawn hasn't been publicly cast yet, but Ezra has. They could have him be the reveal.
True. Thrawn being an adoption from Extended Universe gives him way more sellability to older fans, but storywise it would make more sense to introduce Ezra first.

I just peeked -- next episode (titled "The Foundling") is written by Favreau and Filoni both. That episode and episode 7 are the only ones Filoni has writing credits on. So if Ezra is going to show up, it will likely be one of those two. Tho I bet the next episode is where Ahsoka shows up.

Episode 6 is directed by Bruce Dallas Howard. She had episodes focused on Mandalorians in season 2 and in Book of Boba Fett. I'm betting they give her the Mythasaur episode.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guy always makes solid points.

I don't know what his whole review on Andor is but his "nobody asked for this" is true, but also gave us some of the best star wars we've seen since rogue one.

The whole thing of establishing characters we care about is double sided in which you need boring episodes to build them up and develop and really have to fall back on great dialog, acting, casting and writing. Something pretty much devoid in almost 99% of popular media today.

Of course his whole point of star wars is dead is also true. Until they axe Kennedy it'll forever remain and we'll just keep getting short hits of acceptable star wars here and there.

Anyone who participated in the story group under Kiri Hart has to go.

Kiri Hart is an executive, writer and producer with nearly 3 decades experience in film and television. She is probably best known for her role as Senior Vice President of Development at Lucasfilm between 2012 and 2018. Here she formed the now legendary Lucasfilm Story Group and oversaw the creative development of all Star Wars content across film, animated television, publishing, gaming, immersive media, and theme parks. Kiri has more recently formed a producing partnership with Stephen Feder at T-Street, the independent media studio started by filmmaker Rian Johnson. Kiri is currently producing filmmaker Gareth Edwards’ upcoming untitled original film for New Regency and also serves as a Creative Consultant at Pixar Animation Studios and is an Executive Producer on Pixar’s next film SOUL. This episode is fundamentally about the practice of storytelling and Kiri reveals the collaborative process she has developed across her extensive career working with artists and filmmakers like Gareth Edwards. Kiri also shares what she believes are the qualities of a successful storyteller as well as her advice for new creators coming through. We also discuss diversity in film, how this is changing and, in particular, how we can do more to accelerate storytelling diversity further. In one of the most inspiring conversations I've had on this show, we also talk storytelling in the context of theme park attractions, the benefits of virtual production to the process and learn why Kiri is so optimistic about the future of film.
1679340085880.png

Kennedy was the one who actually fired her.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Episode 6 is directed by Bruce Dallas Howard. She had episodes focused on Mandalorians in season 2 and in Book of Boba Fett. I'm betting they give her the Mythasaur episode.

She also directed that AT-ST Magnificent Seven episode in season 1 which was pretty forgettable.

• 1Like

Cybsled

just peeked -- next episode (titled "The Foundling") is written by Favreau and Filoni both. That episode and episode 7 are the only ones Filoni has writing credits on. So if Ezra is going to show up, it will likely be one of those two. Tho I bet the next episode is where Ahsoka shows up

I wonder if this will be the Grogu flashback episode that dealt with the Jedi Temple massacre during Order 66. The season 3 trailer showed a quick snippet of that. Having another Jedi/force user show up to dredge up those memories would make sense, so I think you’re right that Ezra or Ashoka would show up. Ashoka makes more sense since she knows Bo -Katan

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She also directed that AT-ST Magnificent Seven episode in season 1 which was pretty forgettable.

Yeah that was the exact episode I had in mind when I mentioned "SG-1 style" standalone episodes earlier lol. It was well directed at least

Fadaar

That guy
Filoni branded Star Wars is so hit or miss (yes I'm counting Mando in that) but when it hits it's by far the best Star Wars has to offer outside of Andor.

Mando is Bad Batch in live action form, there are going to be entire episodes you can skip and other ones you actually care about. But we're never going to get Rogue One levels of combat for a TV series.

^ sorry saw this after I posted, I think what I said echoes your thoughts

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Filoni branded Star Wars is so hit or miss (yes I'm counting Mando in that) but when it hits it's by far the best Star Wars has to offer outside of Andor.

^ sorry saw this after I posted, I think what I said echoes your thoughts

They knocked it out the park with Boba Fatt the Godfather.

• 1Worf

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have enjoyed the season so far, but I have one overarching Star Wars question. I thought that I had heard that after 7,8, and 9 that the Skywalker saga was over, and the entire universe was supposed to be a new a completely different time period. Every show since has been in the timeline of Skywalker. It's time to move on.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have enjoyed the season so far, but I have one overarching Star Wars question. I thought that I had heard that after 7,8, and 9 that the Skywalker saga was over, and the entire universe was supposed to be a new a completely different time period. Every show since has been in the timeline of Skywalker. It's time to move on.
I thought we were going back to old republic. Also can't remember if Keannu being cast as Reven was a dream a meme or just an idea floating around.

• 2Like