The Mandalorian

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Either Favreau doesn't care about existing canon, or he's deciding that the Empire wiped out Mandalore after the events of Rebels and Sabine decided not to go back and help defend her home and family. And the stupid 'derp we never take our helmets off' will be because Bo-Katan Kryze got sniped with her helmet off during a pivotal moment in the battle.

Wasn't Sabina honor bound to guard whatever bum fuck planet she was left on? I mean, we only see her for 30 seconds, and depending on precise time, whatever wiped her people out might have happened a significant time before no?

Either that, or the Mandalorians set up enclaves offworld for foundlings and force them to adhere to a code to become full Mandalorians. "The way" might mean the way to be a Mandalorian. Its pretty obvious someone is going to come along and kill that droid, which is probably when he's found.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Great episode, but I still feel like the mandalorian lore stuff and all the interactions in their hideout are kinda lame. And the one dude flying next to the ship like the Rocketeer was super hokey. But overall, still good.

Yeah, was straight up lifted from the Rockateer. Scene would have been a whole hell of a lot less hokey if they'd have just had him nod, instead of salute. The salute was really campy, but a little camp isn't bad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Filoni is heavily involved in this, even directing the first episode, so I don't think the lore is being ignored. It has often been implied that the Empire did a number on Mandalore precisely because they have a history of being a major thorn in the side of any galactic government. Perhaps after the events we see in Rebels Palps decided to make an example of them and had them wiped out Geonosis-style.

Given Obi-Wans connection to Mandalore we might even see this as the plot for his series? I mean it has to be something important for him to leave Tatooine right? Though that would necessarily be pre-Rebels...

I have to figure that, unlike Rian Johnson stuff, this has been well thought out.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Around that era of history is kinda fucked up in my head.. But wasn't the whole Clones v Droids basically a staged fight with Dooku and Palp to spread and wipe out the Jedi Order? I'd imagine it wasn't impossible for the rise of the empire to utilize those drones to some degree for conquest?

I figure the helmet thing prob is more along the lines of basically being of the few, with no open communication lines to others. Taking on the mantra to move them forward to former glory. I'm more curious to what happens when our protag runs into Mandos outside of his 'covert.' or what the grander scheme of this is, are they a pocket of mandos?

The cartoon unhelmed Mandos might have been more to help distinguish characters.. Haven't seen, but whenever I look at pictures it's always the lead/significant character with his helm off, and the rest having their helm on. I feel like I remember reading something about that, and the clone troopers with their identical armor.. Children having clarity problems with who is who.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Around that era of history is kinda fucked up in my head.. But wasn't the whole Clones v Droids basically a staged fight with Dooku and Palp to spread and wipe out the Jedi Order? I'd imagine it wasn't impossible for the rise of the empire to utilize those drones to some degree for conquest?

I figure the helmet thing prob is more along the lines of basically being of the few, with no open communication lines to others. Taking on the mantra to move them forward to former glory. I'm more curious to what happens when our protag runs into Mandos outside of his 'covert.' or what the grander scheme of this is, are they a pocket of mandos?

The cartoon unhelmed Mandos might have been more to help distinguish characters.. Haven't seen, but whenever I look at pictures it's always the lead/significant character with his helm off, and the rest having their helm on. I feel like I remember reading something about that, and the clone troopers with their identical armor.. Children having clarity problems with who is who.
A Sith posing as a Jedi ordered the clone army to be created, which is what the republic used in the clone army against the Droid, which was entirely a charade... and then Palpatine's order 66 initiated them to wipe out the Jedi in conjunction with the droid army. It's basically how the Sith set the stage for the Empire, by causing the fall of the Republic's democracy as well as its entire military force.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Third episode was pretty rad. Still hype.

Rocket boosting guy next to his ship was fine, but why the fuck did he salute him? Especially after they were slapping each other's dicks in a power play... Also, I've only ever seen a salute in the cartoons or by the Sith. Han, Lando, do a hat tipping motion that's never a formal salute. These guys aren't military, they're mercenary. It felt very out of place.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem with this incorrect lollore shit you guys keep bringing up, 99.99% of all plebs who watch the movies and this show dont know any of that shit therefore the points you guys make are moot. Only the hardcore SW nerds that read all the books, watched all the cartoons, are gonna know about this shit.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Haven't read the books, or watched the cartoons, but i'm sure you got the memo.. the universe style of filming is in these days. Probably a reason they brought Fav in, just assuming since he jumped started MCU w/ Iron Man. I think its more just trying to figure out what is consistent, and what is a soft reboot.. or absurd. I wouldn't be surprised though, if they gave Jon the SWU helm after they finish the movie trilogy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Problem with this incorrect lollore shit you guys keep bringing up, 99.99% of all plebs who watch the movies and this show dont know any of that shit therefore the points you guys make are moot. Only the hardcore SW nerds that read all the books, watched all the cartoons, are gonna know about this shit.

Disney specifically kept the cartoons canon when they tossed out the hundreds or however many EU books, and the cartoons dealt extensively with Mandalore.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Btw about the Mandos. Apparently the great purge they are talking about also happened around or a bit after Order 66. I assume cuz Palpatine thought a united Mando was a threat.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Disney specifically kept the cartoons canon when they tossed out the hundreds or however many EU books, and the comics dealt extensively with Mandalore.

Yep Clone Wars and Rebels are canon, and all comics and novels released after Disney ownership.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I was proving I could make Photoshop CS6 work on a Catalina Mac to a friend... I did (but that Catalina update does suck ass): Here is what I made (yeah, it's not that great, but it was 5 minutes of work and it IS funny , if I do say so myself).

yodel.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That just isn't possible.
Well Maul had control of Mandalore. Til that one dude liberated it. They have to of fudged canon around in there sometime to have the Empire strip it of Beskar. This could also just be a Mandalorian tribe we haven't seen in canon before as well. This doesn't account for why they are in hiding though. Solo bombing sucks more now since we won't see what they had planned for Maul in the sequel.

Fadaar

That guy
Well Maul had control of Mandalore. Til that one dude liberated it. They have to of fudged canon around in there sometime to have the Empire strip it of Beskar. This could also just be a Mandalorian tribe we haven't seen in canon before as well. This doesn't account for why they are in hiding though. Solo bombing sucks more now since we won't see what they had planned for Maul in the sequel.

Watch Rebels if you want to see what Maul was up to, at least for a while. It also narrows down the timeline for when Mandalore and other planets got sacked since Mandalore was still around and kicking ~1-2 BBY when Rebels takes place.