The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Warp drive motivators are made by a few companies in the galaxy. Incom Corporation and Sienar Fleet Systems are the two main suppliers. SFS supplies the imperials and Incom supplies the rest. Incom's small vessel warp motivators are as common there as Chevy 350's are in the USA. Small fighters only use one motivator; larger small vessels like the Falcon use the same motivator, but more of them in parallel. The sound they make when in parallel is due to them becoming out of phase with each other. It's the sci-fi version of a V-8 engine spinning a main bearing.

Sienar Fleet Systems was developing an ultra small warp drive motivator for use in solar system patrol vehicles....basically a warp capable motorcycle, but only over short distances. That program lost all of its funding when the Empire collapsed, though. Remember the speeder bikes from ESB? There were only a little bit larger.

View attachment 232964
all that to explain why they used the same sound effect. that wasnt even my point. i dont care about the sound effect by itself. i dont even mind too much that they strung all these member berries together to clobber me with a star wars stick. i like the show so far, but i dont need to be reminded to what i'm watching. just keep the story solid and i dont care if the motivators are using the correct Sienar Fleet Systems sound effect. WTF? are you a nerd?

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
all that to explain why they used the same sound effect. that wasnt even my point. i dont care about the sound effect by itself. i dont even mind too much that they strung all these member berries together to clobber me with a star wars stick. i like the show so far, but i dont need to be reminded to what i'm watching. just keep the story solid and i dont care if the motivators are using the correct Sienar Fleet Systems sound effect. WTF? are you a nerd?
i mean if you're talking sound effects i'm sure i heard a mux'd up wilhelm scream when he was on the flatbed protecting baby yoda and he shot a guy on a roof.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean if you're talking sound effects i'm sure i heard a mux'd up wilhelm scream when he was on the flatbed protecting baby yoda and he shot a guy on a roof.
wilhelm scream is in hundreds of movies. Lucas didnt invent that, he just tossed it in his films to further the joke.

Fucker

Log Wizard

It was all complete BS that I made up in between beers. I was half in the bag and still came up with better ideas than space horses galloping along on a massive galactic battle cruiser in space.

...I mean...fucking warp capable motorcycles....NOTHING IS COOLER THAN THAT. NOTHING AT ALL.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was all complete BS that I made up in between beers. I was half in the bag and still came up with better ideas than space horses galloping along on a massive galactic battle cruiser in space.

...I mean...fucking warp capable motorcycles....NOTHING IS COOLER THAN THAT. NOTHING AT ALL.
Oh sure, but they really do need to tone down the "hey guys, this is the Star Wars you remember" schtick. No need to be a tryhard if you got a good product.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh sure, but they really do need to tone down the "hey guys, this is the Star Wars you remember" schtick. No need to be a tryhard if you got a good product.

They don't need to tone anything down, you're just retarded.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

rider.jpg

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Much in the same way that Jawas seem to be spread out across the galaxy i wouldn't be surprised if they make several clans and other organizations scattered about after the fall of the Empire. Not revealing their presence, only go out in set numbers and never remove their helmet? That's not likely to be a tradition that's some serious OPSEC.

I came across this earlier in the week

IMG_4688.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg

• 3Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm enjoying this. It's not perfect but I'm entertained .

I will say this... Carl Weathers cannot act

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean his most recent thing before this show was a MTG:Arena commercial right? And don't talk shit about Apollo Creed!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's just he stopped being apollo creed and dillon a while ago. he was totally acceptable in happy gilmore and arrested development, but that's because those characters aren't badasses, they are comic relief. i don't think he can play a badass anymore.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
You do know my post was a complete joke, right? I mean...the idea of warp capable motorcycles is very obviously a joke, as was all the BS I made up prior to that.

I like the new TV show, and I don't dig deep on the lore. I take the story at surface value, and I am happy with it.

You cannot compare this show to Discovery. Discovery is full of techno-babble of the highest fucking order. SPORE DRIVE? BLACK ALERT? They've had entire episodes of the crew talking in sci-fi memes at each other.

You tricked me too. I don't read any shit related to Star Wars, I only watch the movies. I was thinking "how the fuck could someone care that much about this shit?" :)

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user