The Mandalorian

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thrawn, Vader, Palpatine, and some randos from Legends books are about it for actual competent Imp people in cannon.
1682175742410.png

My boy Maximillian went off on Hoth

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As much as I want to see it, this is why I do not want to ever see Disney restart Firefly. Just have to accept that the show will never return, as I do not want to see it wrecked like Star Wars for the most part(Andor withstanding) has been.
I liked Firefly, but it wasn't some masterpiece.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I liked Firefly, but it wasn't some masterpiece.
It reminds me of Freaks and Geeks in that the reason it's so interesting is wondering what would have happened if it had more than one season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
I assume they had the b-team running this season because it reeked of low-effort and uncaring.

21.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Just finished this season. I fucking loved it. Some of the animations reminded me of the original Clash of the Titans, others just felt puppety. Either way, I thought it was great. hehe

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The fight with Praetorian guards chasing a retarded toddler was especially lit.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season is a mix bag but the fight scene was awesome, espicially against the red guards which was a way better fight than the Last Jedi.

I think the next season should go back to it's bounty hunter roots, where the pair fly around the galaxy doing bounty work, I think Mando would need a bigger ship like his old one. Hell season 4 could be like Star Trek, where they encounter weird and unique worlds and maybe they meet the Star Wars equivalent of Q.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Here is an idea to win fans back. New series called Order 66 TVMA. Fucking win win and D+ Subs would triple. But it we'll never happen because reasons.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Here is an idea to win fans back. New series called Order 66 TVMA. Fucking win win and D+ Subs would triple. But it we'll never happen because reasons.

A reminder George Lucas came up with the concept for HBO's Rome in the late 90's (that was stolen) with the perspective of the denizens on Coruscant telling the story of the fall of the Empire.

There was a concept video produced that looked TV MA rated and pretty spot on for the tone of the type of sci-fi people want to see.

Now only way we're getting that is if George buys back Star Wars, which he might someday. Shame he lacked the balls to pull the trigger on the TV show while he had the chance.

Burns

A reminder George Lucas came up with the concept for HBO's Rome in the late 90's (that was stolen) with the perspective of the denizens on Coruscant telling the story of the fall of the Empire.

There was a concept video produced that looked TV MA rated and pretty spot on for the tone of the type of sci-fi people want to see.

Now only way we're getting that is if George buys back Star Wars, which he might someday. Shame he lacked the balls to pull the trigger on the TV show while he had the chance.
I'm pretty sure more than one person had the unquestionably rare idea to put one of the most pivotal set of events in Western Civilization to film...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm pretty sure more than one person had the unquestionably rare idea to put one of the most pivotal set of events in Western Civilization to film...

Too many parts crossed over with Rome and Rome was made within 2-3 years. George's TV show specifically mentioned merchants and shopkeepers and made specific references to perspective characters. Rome's perspective storytelling for television was in fact pretty unique at the time. He had been shopping the idea for the Star Wars TV show around town, trying to find a home for it.

Which a writer/creator/producer on Rome then casually ripped off. George would have a decent case in court if he wanted to embarrass himself. I doubt he'd win any royalties or rights though, like you've implied it's a form of storytelling that Rome didn't exactly come up with-- although it was one of the TV shows that innovated it, albeit the idea was stolen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This season is a mix bag but the fight scene was awesome, espicially against the red guards which was a way better fight than the Last Jedi.

I think the next season should go back to it's bounty hunter roots, where the pair fly around the galaxy doing bounty work, I think Mando would need a bigger ship like his old one. Hell season 4 could be like Star Trek, where they encounter weird and unique worlds and maybe they meet the Star Wars equivalent of Q.
I'm not trolling here, but can you please explain what was so exceptional about those Praetorian guards? because this is what i saw. 3 guys dressed in red with their own theme music moving in slow motion trying to hit a tiny green baby and failing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not trolling here, but can you please explain what was so exceptional about those Praetorian guards? because this is what i saw. 3 guys dressed in red with their own theme music moving in slow motion trying to hit a tiny green baby and failing.

He's been smoking on that stuff.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The lore is what makes them exceptional. The ones in this dumpster fire of a show are modeled on the imperial guards of the emperor (and are the precursors of similar guards in episode 7 or 8, whichever one has Snoke in it) and are supposed to be the most elite warriors; the best of the best. But in this garbage show, they could not even chase down a retradedly wobbling toddler or beat a barely moving fatmando. Fuck this show and fuck new star wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

The lore is what makes them exceptional. The ones in this dumpster fire of a show are modeled on the imperial guards of the emperor (and are the precursors of similar guards in episode 7 or 8, whichever one has Snoke in it) and are supposed to be the most elite warriors; the best of the best. But in this garbage show, they could not even chase down a retradedly wobbling toddler or beat a barely moving fatmando. Fuck this show and fuck new star wars.
Go go Gadget Force kick!
main-qimg-cb36cc799570f571982e800eb5c4013c

• 2Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users