The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The lore is what makes them exceptional. The ones in this dumpster fire of a show are modeled on the imperial guards of the emperor (and are the precursors of similar guards in episode 7 or 8, whichever one has Snoke in it) and are supposed to be the most elite warriors; the best of the best. But in this garbage show, they could not even chase down a retradedly wobbling toddler or beat a barely moving fatmando. Fuck this show and fuck new star wars.
well alright, but judging the average jogger stormtrooper for comparison, is an elite version of them really anything to brag about? are they elite because they're white guys? even in that above gif, those guys are fucking clownshoes.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
well alright, but judging the average jogger stormtrooper for comparison, is an elite version of them really anything to brag about? are they elite because they're white guys? even in that above gif, those guys are fucking clownshoes.
There is a number of elite units in the star wars universe militaries. They are mentioned here: Special forces. The imperial/praetorian guard are supposed to be the elite of these elite units. But the current shows and movies made them to be fucking clowns which is just another reason to hate the new star wars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the finale...I am not sure I have the words to explain how bad it was other than to say it was the cherry on top that this season deserved. Would rather pour lemon juice on a paper cut on my dick than watch that season again.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the finale...I am not sure I have the words to explain how bad it was other than to say it was the cherry on top that this season deserved. Would rather pour lemon juice on a paper cut on my dick than watch that season again.
I am more interested in how and why you get paper cuts on your dick than I am in watching season 4 of this garbage show.

• 3Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
it must be some good stuff. but he isnt the only one jizzing over those guys. i just want to know why. why do they seem "cool"? red outfits and music? well ok, but did they actually do anything cool?
Well, their helmets look like Italian mailboxes, so I guess that is a plus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Your origami game is just weak, bro.
I Give Up GIF

• 3Worf

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
All I could think, as that green little shit was bouncing around, was ya know the prequels weren't all that bad. Probably not the take away they were hoping for when filming that scene.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"i grew up and Star Wars didn't grow up along with me, waaaaaah" -- everyone in this thread

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much agree with him, except I thought he came down way too hard on movies or shows that plod along in telling a story. You definitely can plod along and tell an interesting story just from making things look visually interest or delivering information in a completely visual format. Season 2 EP 7 does this extremely well with the long scene into the base. Without saying a word, you get a completely different perspective of what it's like to be some imperial stormtrooper grunt. I almost wonder if it did it by accident, cause you don't get any sign that he starts to feel... well, sorry for the hapless soldiers he's murdering. Hell, there's directors who built their entire career around the art, like Stanley Kubrick. Or some of the most famous scenes in movies, like the girl in the red coat in shindler's list.

This show definitely has understood how to make a slow scene interesting in seasons 1 and two, It's just they seem to have forgotten you need the element of visually interesting to be combined with it also being relevant. This season completely dropped the ball at that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
it deteriorated by the third movie. it couldnt even stay the same.
I'm right there with you bruv. Lucas clearly didn't even decide yet that Vader was Luke's dad when he wrote A New Hope. Clearly hadn't decided that Leia was Luke's sister when he wrote Empire Strikes Back. Etc etc etc

Star Wars has never been as perfect as these fanboys think with their rose colored glasses. Genuinely the best way to enjoy Star Wars is to turn off your adult brain and get back into that mindset where you just didn't give a fuck when you realized that Luke and Leia had an incestuous kiss in the previous installment, because hey, space lasers are sweet!

But I even enjoyed Episode 8 so 🙃💙

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm right there with you bruv. Lucas clearly didn't even decide yet that Vader was Luke's dad when he wrote A New Hope. Clearly hadn't decided that Leia was Luke's sister when he wrote Empire Strikes Back. Etc etc etc

Star Wars has never been as perfect as these fanboys think with their rose colored glasses. Genuinely the best way to enjoy Star Wars is to turn off your adult brain and get back into that mindset where you just didn't give a fuck when you realized that Luke and Leia had an incestuous kiss in the previous installment, because hey, space lasers are sweet!
ROTJ was fine except for George going apeshit trying to cram as much shit into the screen as possible. and the Ewoks. i loved everything else. i'm talking about me as a 12 yr old kid in 1983.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ROTJ was fine except for George going apeshit trying to cram as much shit into the screen as possible. and the Ewoks. i loved everything else. i'm talking about me as a 12 yr old kid in 1983.
The Ewok shit just went on too long, it was alright but clearly added for merchandising / setting up the spinoff Ewok Adventure shit.

Empire Strikes Back is still the pinnacle of Star Wars imo. But I'm a sucker for depressing cliffhanger endings in general (Infinity War, for example, is my favorite Marvel movie, and is essentially "my generation's Empire Strikes Back" imo).

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to watching season 3. This whole season suffers from really messy writing between the storyboards. I think I've posted this before but I'm pretty sure they developed this show from something like the storyboards they show during the credits, and build everything around a powerful and interesting visual snapshot of a scene. But then the scenes that connect them are hamfisted and poorly thought out. Anytime I made the mistake of thinking about a scene I felt like I either had to totally suspend disbelief or "rewrite" it in my headcanon to continue to enjoy it. It reminds me of this clip that came out after Prometheus.

Good examples would be, "Why did all the Mandalorians run away when Paz Vizsla could obviously eat every Stormtrooper??" "Why didn't Bo Katan cut through the blast doors facing Moff Gideon as soon as they dropped?" "Why did the mandos scout the terrain on foot and on a shit-boat when they had shuttles that could just fly around?" "Why did the mandos charge into the giant space turtle only to get their shit-boat destroyed?" "Why did it look like Moff Gideon had built a base over several years when it seemed like there was a day between when the mandos departed for Mandalore?"

Anyway, if they did another pass during the screenplay editing and just asked, "Does this scene make no sense?" and rewrote it, it'd be a much better show. I'm glad they kept the ending unambitious because it's a lot easier to create a clean ending than an interesting one. I think they've set up Mandalore nicely as a potential powerhouse planet and Bo Katan et all as side characters that can hop into future shows, which is great. I'll watch season 4 of Mando and Grogu fuck around the galaxy, but I hope they clean things up a bit.

Also, I hope they totally split from the canon of sequel trilogy. It's circling like a pack of three shit-hawks over the entire franchise, condemning it to idiocy and mediocrity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Considering Vader means Father in Dutch I think there's a fair indication he did intend him to be someone's father.
i think he was always going to be Luke's dad, but he didnt tell anyone else so it would be a surprise. then he got cocky and tossed in Leia too in Jedi just so there wouldnt be any hard feelings (haha) between Luke and Han. Leia was obviously never intended to be Luke's sister since he had boners for her in two movies. Lucas is an asshole.

• 1Like