<Silver Donator>

1575216384337.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just watched the GIna Carano episode. a masterpiece by Star Wars standards. A solid meh by normal live action TV standards. I'd put the level of choreography and acting somewhere just below Renegade and the special effects somewhere right around Star Trek DS9.

1575219264114.png
1575219377681.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
3rd episode was decent but you could tell it was directed by a chick. Cliche’d story of cowboy meets local town m’lady and is compelled to help her and the townsfolk. If the Mandalorian had gotten his ass kicked at the start it could have been Unforgiven in space, minus the blood and grit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
if bryce dallas howard wasnt ron howard's daughter, they woulnt even let her direct Charmin commercials, let alone episodes of live action Star Wars

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Call it my inner troll, but I would love to have seen the online reactions if that bounty hunter headshotted baby yoda ;p

While I don't disagree with the assessment, it's a little funny that a murderous blood-soaked rampage that's killed 50+ people so far still counts as a PG rated kid's show though.
If it was Babylon 5, baby Yoda would have died 3 episodes ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

was there a reason he left his ship a day's travel away? couldn't he just blasted the at-st with it?

• 3Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
was there a reason he left his ship a day's travel away? couldn't he just blasted the at-st with it?

I wondered about that myself, but maybe he didn't want to travel for a day before dealing with the raiders. Other than that, I got nothin'.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob

he landed closer to the trading post. that farmers saw it fly overhead and went to the ship which was a day away. Dunno why he didn't fly them all to the village but maybe he didn't want to alert the raiders there was a ship around. Mando is pretty fucking dumb, jawas raided his ship last episode and he does not seem to have any sort of lowjack system at all.

i do think people here need to remember this is in the vein of Pixar movies, a kids show that adults can enjoy. 12 year old me would have been jizzing all over the screen if The Mandalorian followed ROTJ in 1984. Its actually quite remarkable how enjoyable it is for adults. This is not Game of Thrones or The Boys, this is squarely aimed at families sitting down and watching together and over the holidays every single kid who has watched it with us has loved it and asked for Star Wars toys for xmas, its remarkable how a show is revitalizing Star Wars.

Too bad the baby yoda merch sucks absolute dick right now, its all garbage.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

3rd episode was decent but you could tell it was directed by a chick. Cliche’d story of cowboy meets local town m’lady and is compelled to help her and the townsfolk. If the Mandalorian had gotten his ass kicked at the start it could have been Unforgiven in space, minus the blood and grit.

3rd episode was the one where all the mandos show up, 4th was the village.

You liked an episode directed by a woman since ep 3 was. You must feel dirty now lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man, I feel like I'm struggling through this show. The writing is horrific and I swear, if I didnt know better, that it is supposed to be some kind of comedy. Lord knows baby yoda merch gonna be selling like crazy this holiday which is probably the entire point of the show.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 235472

Journalist realizes fans were not bitching just because they would whine about everything, but rather because the recent movies sucked.

I think this has always been the reason I got so annoyed at people (Blue check marks ect) trying to lay the blame on the fans, as if nothing would please them. In reality, Star Wars fans are stupid simple to please. Respect the lore, make interesting characters, have a simple plot that draws on western/knight/serial adventure tropes and you can print money.

This was never complicated. For fuck sake you might not even need the above--just don't show contempt for the material and you'll probably be fine. it speaks VOLUMES that Disney has not been able to do this.
the only arguments i had with friends over the OT when they came out, was who was stronger in the force. i always went with Vader because he was the coolest. none of us ever talked about the movies being shitty other than "wtf ewoks?" later when Lucas put out his special editions, thats when nerds really got riled up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Man, I feel like I'm struggling through this show. The writing is horrific and I swear, if I didnt know better, that it is supposed to be some kind of comedy. Lord knows baby yoda merch gonna be selling like crazy this holiday which is probably the entire point of the show.
Yoda frog.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
These lil mini sidequest Mando does are boresville snoresville. Seems like a diluted plot.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Apparently this was the first episode Favreau wrote after the initial 3 episode pitch he originally sent to Disney, which were meant to almost be self contained. I wonder if that's a partial explanation for why it felt off; he needed to restart the plot to some extent, but needed something more action packed than the the first three that were mostly a slower pace. So instead of a soft restart in episode 4, he plops this one down, then restarts rebuilding the story in episode 5. Or maybe he just doesn't really have any ideas. I guess we'll find out this week

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This was easily the worst episode so far but it wasn't bad persay.

It was a totally fine episode. It just didn't progress the plot at all, and in a show with 10 episodes per season that sucks dick.

That's why it's my favorite movie outside the original trilogy. About 3/4 the way through I realized there was no way this would make sense unless everyone dies. Thought there was no way Disney would let that happen, then damn if they didn't.

Totally agree. I had the same thought process. Towards the end of R1 I realized that I didn't know any of the characters and that they must not make it to the next movie (SW4). And then they all started dying. I felt a lot of the movie was weak, and I had trouble loving really any of the characters, but when I realized it was all an insane suicide mission and that they *all* fell, it really made the movie for me and let me appreciate an otherwise ok, but somewhat weak, movie. And then they gave us the most amazing Darth Vader scene, which, honestly, is the best 90 seconds in all of the Star Wars movies. Fucking Vader showing up in the dark, hearing his breathing, the light saber lights, then he just lays waste to rooms full of knuckleheads. They are fucking terrified. I love re-watching that scene over and over.

Everyone says that scene is fan service... it is, but, we have all heard that Darth Vader is the biggest badass that ever existed since 1977, but have never seen it. The original trilogy fight scenes are horrible. This shows us just a glimpse of how fucking badass he is. It's amazing. He just straight up fucking murders like two dozen little faggots.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Apparently this was the first episode Favreau wrote after the initial 3 episode pitch he originally sent to Disney, which were meant to almost be self contained. I wonder if that's a partial explanation for why it felt off; he needed to restart the plot to some extent, but needed something more action packed than the the first three that were mostly a slower pace. So instead of a soft restart in episode 4, he plops this one down, then restarts rebuilding the story in episode 5. Or maybe he just doesn't really have any ideas. I guess we'll find out this week

Exactly. I think the reason we don't like this episode as much is because it's self contained, and didn't progress the overall plot at all. You can't do that shit in a 10 episode show. That's some bullshit!!!