The Mandalorian

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That was fucking dumb that she had the hots for him despite never seeing his face. Although, back in 2009 I went out on Halloween as Rorschach and still managed to pull
No, you didn't. In fact, I doubt you even dressed up like Rorschach. Pics of said bounty nude with just Rorschach Mask on or it did not happen.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So either you are claiming to be someone else or you just Doxxed yourself Ossoi Ossoi . LOL fucking idiot, I see why you were in the Asshat Running. Also, I requested pics of the girl you banged with just the mask on, so not only are you dumb you can't even follow directions.

Also one of the photos from that facebook page, seems rather fitting for you...

1575080975870.png

EDIT: Removed first name of Ossoi since he removed the screenshot of his facebook page with his name in the URL. You Doxxed yourself just like the only thing you pulled that night was your own cock.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ep 4 had too many Disney ties. Settling down. Woman who has nice birthing features, hidden by clothes (tig ol bitties and big ol hips), with strong, dominant facial features. Mando just saved their village like a badass, surprised all their women's weren't chomping to mate with him like a high school musical.

Directed by: Bryce Dallas Howard.

Oh Jesus Christ, no wonder.

The reason it feels like a Star Trek episode is because it literally is. In Star Trek Enterprise, season 2, episode 6, Marauders. The crew trains and equips a deuterium colony to fight off Klingons who had been taking their deuterium.
There's similar episodes in TOS and DS9, but not nearly as verbatim.

I liked the episode just fine, but it felt a bit out of place with how the series had been going. Episodes are 41minutes, but they have 5-6 minutes of credits, so there's about 35-36 minutes of run time. There's a reason Star Trek episodes were generally 45 minutes long. Long enough for episodic plot points to play out without being a cheesy sitcom or familycom like most of the shit you see on broadcast channels. Dramas and such need 45 minute, or hour long with commercial segments. You can name dozens and dozens of examples in both categories that adhere to this mantra. They're squeezing Star Trek into an episode of Friends. It's harsh, but workable. We'd all like a lot more to chew on having to wait between each episode's airing.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The reason it feels like a Star Trek episode is because it literally is. In Star Trek Enterprise, season 2, episode 6, Marauders. The crew trains and equips a deuterium colony to fight off Klingons who had been taking their deuterium.
There's similar episodes in TOS and DS9, but not nearly as verbatim.

I mean this type of story goes back to Seven Samurai.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I mean this type of story goes back to Seven Samurai.
A lot of motifs are used redundantly, especially in star trek, and even between different series of trek. They could have done better here, but they went with a pretty simplified version of it wrapped in a star warsian blanket.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i mean it has a lot of trek feels to it, but honestly, i'd say the seven samurai story was what they were going for, since... you know, that's what inspired lucas in the first place.

spronk

FPS noob
how the fuck does this tracker thing work, i expected by this point mando to have cut into yoda with a knife to remove it ala Arnie's nose job

I liked some of the quiet moments like Mando and Gina talking or the cool initial shots of the AT-ST or Gina talking about the work she was doing post ROTJ but yeah mostly a pretty mediocre episode. Hope it gets better again.

I was kinda hoping they'd leave baby yoda behind and the tracker was on mando, LBY is cute and all but is sucking up way too much screen time

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Are we sure this is actually good? Or is it more likely that it's just good in comparison to 30 years of complete shit? It's a pretty low bar that Favreau needs to pass to a certain extent.

It is better than everything Star Wars since "The Empire Strikes Back."

Still, althought I liked the episode, and I like the series so far, it is neither striving for depth/complexity nor the stupid-non-stop action motifs. Honestly, one small AT-ST would have leveled the town. There could have been sacrifice (should have been). Since, although I get the plot-line-- find a way to defeat the unbeatable and train the farmers to fight (Seven Samurai), without sacrifice, it falls a little flat. Also-- it was very nice of the walker to enter the town through the little fortified region they made!

Lastly, how did Mando and Gina know each other? There was something there, wasn't there?

Look-- it is sort of satisfying to have a show with a no-lose philosophy. Okay, so it's the narrative equivalent of bubble gum, but that works for what it is.

I just watched the Korean film "I Saw the Devil." Disney has no interest in horrific gut-wrenching tension and character sacrifices. Baby Yoda is a metaphor for the show's narrative bible. Keep it cute and cuddly and simple (Although I DID hope at episode one that they were going down a dark path).

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Disney will Disney, there is no way they will go dark with any of this shit. They have proven this time and time again. This is and will be no more than a rated PG kids show.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lastly, how did Mando and Gina know each other? There was something there, wasn't there?
They didn't know each other. Call it soldiers respecting soldiers. Mando was only suspicious cuz he thought she was after the kid. They were friendly because of the fact neither was trying to or had a reason to kill the other.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So in this episode we do find out that the Mando was a foundling and wasn't born a Mandalorian. He chose to become one to honor the people that saved him. So since he seems to have basically adopted Baby Yoda, that means he could also become a Mandalorian.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Disney will Disney, there is no way they will go dark with any of this shit. They have proven this time and time again. This is and will be no more than a rated PG kids show.

Everyone dies in Rogue One.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it a lore break that they do take off their helmets when... in plain sight for dozens of strangers?

velk

Trakanon Raider

Call it my inner troll, but I would love to have seen the online reactions if that bounty hunter headshotted baby yoda ;p

While I don't disagree with the assessment, it's a little funny that a murderous blood-soaked rampage that's killed 50+ people so far still counts as a PG rated kid's show though.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ya'll are crazy about Gina... one thing about Gina, she is American cinemas best physical actress, she was actually really good when they gave her a movie 8 years ago, Haywire. Only her acting was atrociously disgusting. A few years later... looks like shes taken acting classes, she's not gonna win an emmy, but shes the best white action girl.

rewatch when they tussle, very few scene cuts, almost fluid, and zero shaky cam, you can't do that with any other white actress.

you know, with 4 more episodes left, i'll just enjoy it, sure it obviously felt like Samurai 7 light with the 2 buffoons from the hidden fortress, it's no secret Lucas collaged all of Kurasawas movies, threw in some white ppl and called it Star Wars, this was just an homage to it.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users