The Mandalorian

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was ok. His problem is he probably wants to go back and do bounties and be a general badass but he realizes he can't just dump baby yoda anywhere. It did feel more like a 'disney' episode but to be fair, the real disney thing to do would of been to have him take his helmet off for the widow. I'm sure the bitching would be epic then.

The show doesn't seem like it takes itself that seriously at times which is fine. He gets his ass kicked (and thrown around) a lot for a bounty hunter and he's usually getting rescued by someone else. Almost like he's in training.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm enjoying the show, but it's not a great show by any means. If it wasn't Star Wars I would not be watching it.

I think the 30 minutes episode format is hurting it more than helping. It does keep filler to a minimum and keeps the show moving at a brisk pace, at the same time it sometimes feels rushed which was more apparent in this episode. They get away with a lot of stuff because it's Star Wars, and people are familiar with the setting, so they don't need to do a lot of exposition.

There was too much baby Yoda being cute in this episode for my taste. I did like that the target is not the Mandalorian for betraying the guild but still baby Yoda.

It's a fun show for Star Wars fan, but not much else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
EKzKTKzU4AA9ciw.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does his helmet have a built in wash system? Shampoo and conditioner? Auto-haircut? Shave as smooth as an android's butt?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
I noticed this while christmas shopping last week. I guess there are a handful of Mandalorian toys out.

6359123cv11d.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I noticed this while christmas shopping last week. I guess there are a handful of Mandalorian toys out.

View attachment 235810

Hey, it's me AT-ST, you may not recognize me due to my red leg.

In this past episode, one thing bugged me. Assuming the Mando is a human-variant, and lives ~100 years, lets say he is 30 now, if he settled down with the widow with the daughter, and raised baby yoda at the shrimp farm, would baby yoda even be out of his toddler/youth phase by the time Mando died of old age? Would baby yoda be raised by the village as a whole? He would outlive like 12 generations at least, that would be so hard, like an immortal losing all his loved ones and friends over and over.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Baby Yoda being a baby after 50 years is stupid as fuck so I try not to think about that sort of thing. Anywho, maybe he isn't REALLY 50 years old, the source was (hopefully) lying about that.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or maybe it has been 50 years, and Yodal spent that time as a grub before cocooning and emerging ready to grow at a normal rate. It also really doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. The thing obviously has at minimum more intellect than some people that have served me food in real life, maybe it's just mute cause reasons. I like the implications for setting up an extended character arch that we can see play out through multiple other titles in the IP. Or they'll kill it for the GoT cred, because we all know Kathleen Kennedy wants to abort anything successful in Star Wars, post natal as necessary.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

In this past episode, one thing bugged me. Assuming the Mando is a human-variant, and lives ~100 years, lets say he is 30 now, if he settled down with the widow with the daughter, and raised baby yoda at the shrimp farm, would baby yoda even be out of his toddler/youth phase by the time Mando died of old age? Would baby yoda be raised by the village as a whole? He would outlive like 12 generations at least, that would be so hard, like an immortal losing all his loved ones and friends over and over.

Now you know why yoda was off in the sticks by himself

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I may be misremembering, but Yoda was like, 900+ years old at the time of Return. While "The Child" being still a toddler/infant at 50 is kind of odd, if you take standard human progression and map it out to Yoda years, Yoda was a 90 year old dude and this kid is 5. It -appears- younger due to marketing and shit, but it has conscious thought and actions, which would put it around a 4-5 year old to a degree.

TLDR; it's not all that strange if you put it into perspective. Does not change it at all from a toy/BUY THIS SHIT kind of stunt. But goddamn it did they make a cute star wars toy I am not mad at.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

human, meet dog. it will love you unconditionally until it dies of old age. then you will replace this dog with another dog and watch it grow and die of old age. you will do this many times and be sad each passing.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
human, meet dog. it will love you unconditionally until it dies of old age. then you will replace this dog with another dog and watch it grow and die of old age. you will do this many times and be sad each passing.

Yeah, except we can't communicate with dogs, and it still sucks.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Baby Yoda starts breeding with the villagers, creating long-living, big-eared, half-breed freaks. This way he has someone to hang out when all the normies die off. He's 50, so no age of consent issues.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users