The Mandalorian

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The baby yoda completely overshadowed the (strong) value this show had established and reduced it to something far lesser than what it could have been.

It didnt need to go this route.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Recent episode sucked. It was a Star Trek: TNG episode ripoff right down to the cheesy fucking music.

Just needed Riker to beam down and fuck a dog alien that betrays the raiders and comes to live with the technology shunning villagers trying to escape war and shit.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
As soon as the episode started in the village I thought "oh fuck, not this sort of thing". I really hate this trope with a passion. Nothing could be more boring than human tribes people in a sci fi universe

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This show has a total 80's show throwback vibe to it.

Watching the last episode I remarked to the wife this seems like a remake of an A-Team episode.

People are looking too deep into this show. It's a simple paint by the numbers PG sci-fi show for DISNEY. They had the 3 episode "pilot" and now we get issue/bounty of the week episodes to entertain the 9 year olds the show is targeted at.

Stop trying to find deeper meaning in a kids show and be happy it's is actually pretty good for what it is.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Do mandalorians keep their helmets on while having sex? Is it like a bag over head rule? Since it seems unlikely our Mando has hooked up with another mando chick, and telling random space sluts that you gotta keep your mask on while you bang, does that mean Mando is a space virgin?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
EKvQe4jWkAEDiW0.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think people saw Baby Yoda and they want some fucking saga all about the force and the resurrection of the Emperor or some shit, but that's not what this is. This is a episode-by-episode show. Mando goes to place, solves whatever task he's given, moves on. There's a background story, but it won't matter but for a few episodes a season. He's literally going to have to go break some dude out of prison this season or fight his brother or some other cliches and people will freak out. But this is all intended. It's a Star Wars SHOW, not a movie. It's just adventure in the Star Wars world. He's not going to be Rey's dad or some shit like that. I hope not at least.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think people saw Baby Yoda and they want some fucking saga all about the force and the resurrection of the Emperor or some shit, but that's not what this is. This is a episode-by-episode show. Mando goes to place, solves whatever task he's given, moves on. There's a background story, but it won't matter but for a few episodes a season. He's literally going to have to go break some dude out of prison this season or fight his brother or some other cliches and people will freak out. But this is all intended. It's a Star Wars SHOW, not a movie. It's just adventure in the Star Wars world. He's not going to be Rey's dad or some shit like that. I hope not at least.
he already fought one of his Mandobros and when Ming Na Wendolorian shows up there might be more shenanigans. so yeah this is a TV show, its made to go on indefinitely. its not building to some finale. S2 is already in production.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Filoni as someone that worked on the cartoons knows to plan for 4 or 5 seasons and leave open ground for the future. Clone Wars aimed for 5 and Rebels knew they would have 4 since the start, so they wisely outlined where it was going to go. Unlike the movies.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen

The first 3 episodes didn't set it up as a episode by episode show though. They all worked together as an open ended 3 part short.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Depends how you look at it.

Episode 1: He's a bounty hunter, he has a bounty! Get bounty!
Episode 2: Return bounty? No, fight jawas and mudhorn!
Episode 3: Return bounty. No wait, un-return it.
Episode 4: Hide with former bounty.

Episode 2 was very much like Episode 4. It involved baby Yoda, but it was a bunch of other shit and baby Yoda played a small role. Mando doing a bunch of bullshit that didn't really invovle baby yoda especially. He was there and he was the reason he WAS there, but it wasn't about bbY.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the other thing i hate about this show is the Soap Opera Effect of how the film grain looks.

but thats largely a problem with all new shows.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Depends how you look at it.

Episode 1: He's a bounty hunter, he has a bounty! Get bounty!
Episode 2: Return bounty? No, fight jawas and mudhorn!
Episode 3: Return bounty. No wait, un-return it.
Episode 4: Hide with former bounty.

Episode 2 was very much like Episode 4. It involved baby Yoda, but it was a bunch of other shit and baby Yoda played a small role. Mando doing a bunch of bullshit that didn't really invovle baby yoda especially. He was there and he was the reason he WAS there, but it wasn't about bbY.

Yeah he only used the force to suspend the Mudhorn in the air hence saving Mando's life.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Yoda died when he was 900. In Empire Strikes Back he tells Luke he's been training Jedi for 800 years. If he's 50 in Mandalorian, he better start growing quick

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
little guy will probably say his first words this season. wont be long before he starts chattering away and teaching young padawans.