The Mandalorian

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yoda died when he was 900. In Empire Strikes Back he tells Luke he's been training Jedi for 800 years. If he's 50 in Mandalorian, he better start growing quick
Yoda spent 20years cosplaying a swamp rat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the other thing i hate about this show is the Soap Opera Effect of how the film grain looks.

but thats largely a problem with all new shows.

you may need to change your TV settings, i don't have that problem and I notice the soap opera effect usually. If you have any sort of TV filtering effects like active motion, auto motion plus, motion smoothing, 120hz mode, etc you want to turn that off for everything but maybe sports channels.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Newer TVs with game/HDR modes may have a second motion smoothing option you also have to turn off. Cause they didn't get the message the first time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I haven't noticed any soap opera effect with this show either. It's 100% extrapolated frame rate and 100% your TV. I always have to turn that shit off when I go to my parent's house

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
So yea, this show has officially jumped the shark

Baby Yoda Merch

Just change the name from the Mandolarian to Baby Yoda. Its all everyone talks about. Pretty much fuck everything Star Wars at this point. Disney burned it to the ground.

• 2Picard
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah he only used the force to suspend the Mudhorn in the air hence saving Mando's life.
But the episode wasn't ABOUT him. He did something important, right at the end, and the audience understood the impact, but did he? Did it apply to anything else in that episode? Not really.

Jive Turkey

Karen
There's something interesting going on here with regard to merchandising. The criticism of Star Wars has always been that George Lucas seemed more concerned with selling toys than telling stories. Likely a somewhat reasonable criticism even if some of the stories are enjoyable. Disney has largely followed in that direction.
But then we have Favreau who writes a story, but doesn't want the plot points and surprises to be ruined by early toy reveals, so he asks Disney not to make any baby Yoda toys ahead of the release of the show. They comply. Since there's absolutely no way to design and manufacture the toys in time for Christmas, they release a few shirts and knicknacks that have a quick turn around and prepare some toys for a release early next year. And what happens? The nerds complain about the lack of good merchandise. Some people seriously just want to bitch on the internet and you can never please them

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Yeah him being a toddler at 50 is dumb as shit.
It also kinda misses the point of him being 900 in the OT. It was to convey a sense of experience and knowledge. Not to imply he grows super slow.

Also, he appears to be what, maybe equal to a 2 year old? After 50 years. So he was 36 Yoda years when he died?

It made for a cool reveal in the first episode, but it's best not to think about it beyond that. Maybe Yodas have a massive growth spurt when they're 75

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I doubt it's a linear scale. We also don't know how he was found in the first place or how he 'got away'. Could have been in an egg for 40+ years for all we know.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
slow news week. boom mic spotted at 16:30!

Holy fuck, that video. Instead of what could've been a photo or 2 second gif, we get some goober making it about him with a minute of him jabbering on instead of just showing the clip

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I doubt it's a linear scale. We also don't know how he was found in the first place or how he 'got away'. Could have been in an egg for 40+ years for all we know.

I mean, really considering what we know of the 50 year old of 'Baby Yoda' nothing really says it is a baby other than our perception of its cuteness overtuned. Same goes to our protag.

Its shows that it's capable of way more than what is considered of a toddler. He clearly knew what a wound was, and was trying to force heal it.. It lifted a mud horn with the force, it wasn't some oops I just lifted it either.. It also shows it can hunt for its own food. He seems to understand speech.

I think the main issue is that he is by no means an apex predator and we know nothing of its original habitat, or language. I mean as said, Yoda was 900 yrs old.. And his ability to speak English sucked, iconic sure.. You would imagine for 900 he can speak multiple languages.

I'm sure it takes some time for his no knee cap having ass to do a triple summersault through the air cutting people down.. Given its size, and sheltered'ness.. It probably doesn't take much for someone to punt the little shit in the head, and crushing his skull in.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, people being bothered by a creature not having a similar developmental cycle as a human is pretty egocentric. as gauze pointed out, we are missing just about everything needed to make any kind of educated guess on how that species develops and ages. was it in an egg? was it in some pupae state? do they develop in bursts and then stop for a while in between? we don't even know what it's body actually looks like. all we EVER see of yoda's species is the head and the hands. maybe you can see some toes here and there.

we can speculate all day long but the only thing we know is what we've seen in the show and the movies. yoda was 900-ish years old (was he just giving a round number or was that exact? who knows) when he died. baby yoda is 50 when mando finds him... her.. it. 50 year old "baby" yoda can understand language, can understand danger, can use the force, can feed itself, can safely climb out of that little floating egg thing, and can ambulate successfully outside a bar. what developmental age it's at is probably older than a toddler but who knows.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
honestly, people being bothered by a creature not having a similar developmental cycle as a human is pretty egocentric. as gauze pointed out, we are missing just about everything needed to make any kind of educated guess on how that species develops and ages. was it in an egg? was it in some pupae state? do they develop in bursts and then stop for a while in between? we don't even know what it's body actually looks like. all we EVER see of yoda's species is the head and the hands. maybe you can see some toes here and there.

we can speculate all day long but the only thing we know is what we've seen in the show and the movies. yoda was 900-ish years old (was he just giving a round number or was that exact? who knows) when he died. baby yoda is 50 when mando finds him... her.. it. 50 year old "baby" yoda can understand language, can understand danger, can use the force, can feed itself, can safely climb out of that little floating egg thing, and can ambulate successfully outside a bar. what developmental age it's at is probably older than a toddler but who knows.
And was Yoda that old because that's how long his species lives, or because the Force gave him an extra long life?

• 1Like