The Mandalorian

Cybsled

This is becoming like another Hercules: The Legendary Journeys type of show.

You say that like it is a bad thing. The golden Era!

Hercules, Xena, that other Bruce Campbell show where he fought the Mini-Me actor...

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I waited a while to watch this as I didn’t want to wait a week between episodes.... people like this shit!? It’s fucking putrid, and if this wasn’t “Star Wars” would be universally panned for being the dogshit it is. It started fairly good but plummeted in quality and now resembles some c list made for tv hallmark channel sci fi hybrid. Pretty disappointed, but final proof that nobody at the mouse actually gets it

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This bounty hunter show makes "Renegade" look like Game of Thrones

Fuck, he has to be the stupidest bounty Hunter in the Galaxy. How is he not dead yet? In last episode alone he got shot 3 times from a sniper rifle.

Cybsled

This bounty hunter show makes "Renegade" look like Game of Thrones

Fuck, he has to be the stupidest bounty Hunter in the Galaxy. How is he not dead yet? In last episode alone he got shot 3 times from a sniper rifle.

Same reason why in Fallout when you get some badass Power Armor, you wade into a squad of 20 raiders and DGAF if they shoot you lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tonights episodes written and directed by

f4e0e0c6e292fa0fc481eb4f81f15f3a.png

never watched the cartoons, but i'm guessing ya'll approve
so yea, this dave filini guy is utter trash, fuck him

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I mean the "hanger lady" was Amy Sedaris. You kind of assume she will be kinda goofy in her role.

When I posted, I didn’t realize. But she was badly miscast, or the script is written terribly. Mos Eisley is no place for zany comic relief. A wretched hive of scum and villainy would’ve eaten her for breakfast. This show can only be saved if Mando runs into a traveling bard played by Ed Sheeran.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Man, I must have been blinded by the nostalgia glasses to miss the glaring flaws. I enjoyed it a bit, particularly because it reminded me of my time playing SWG and the month or two spent not realizing I could shuttle out of Tattooine.. I remember when they added mounts, one of which was a dewback, then later landspeeders and swoop bikes.

Tusken raiders are amongst my top 3 favorite things in SW, so it was nice seeing the naruto hand communications go down and them as not just a pure raiding force of violence and pig squeeling.. I think the mechanic was passable for me because my friend threw out a commentary of it being a friends mom, and my retorted with it being a combination of that friends mom and dad combined.. because they were a strange couple.. a super large/fat 6'0 curly haired mom, with a 5'0 thin as rail blue collar dad.. son ended up coming out looking like gollum from preparatory school.

I don't think Ming Na was thrown away just yet. I have money she will return, I can't see them throwing away someone such as her.. let alone the fact she is "strong independent asian woman." Too many checkboxes of pandery, plus she was p.cool

/shrug not a show I can go back and watch multiple times.. but I can start to see where people start getting off the bus and hopefully some formula changes will happen.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so yea, this dave filini guy is utter trash, fuck him

The only alternative is to install Favreau or George Lucas as president of Lucas Film again.

The "Miss me yet" meme becomes ever more real. Mandalorian is almost emulating Lucas but like missing the database with all the formulas and values all patchworked together from "user-data". Mandalorian has a user-data collected emu vibe.

Its not shit, its got nostalgia, but its emulated and possibly emulated rather poorly at times.

Why emulate? Just reinstall George Lucas then.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If they headfake Ming Na Wen's death, that will be a substantial deal breaker about how I feel about this show. I don't think she is coming back from a laser blast to the gut tho. Her body is just there for mysterious stranger trope to discover.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Why emulate? Just reinstall George Lucas then.

Because 2019 or even 1999 Lucas is a far cry from 1977 Lucas that gave us the classics we enjoy(ed). And even then, their success was mostly due to Lucas being surrounded by talented people such as his wife who reworked the flow and script for IV, and two other directors for V and VI, plus geniuses for the soundtrack, sound effects and art design, instead of hacks and yes-men.

Star Wars isn't what it used to be because the world isn't what it used to be, the people that worked on it are not what they used to be, and we are not what we used to be.

All the enjoyment you can get from Star Wars is when it "emulates" the old feelings and you're in the right set of mind to feel nostalgic, if one or the other isn't working, then it fails utterly.

If you think making a Star Wars movie today would work better with all practical cheap effects to make it more authentic and gritty with a small budget and no-name actors, then you'll get bashed for making a cheap crappy product without star power and awful effects compared to the average blockbuster. If you make a super expensive AAA production that costs hundreds of millions, the studios will want massive control over it, it's all decided by comitees and test screenings and reshoots because it cost a fortune to make and the investors and shareholders want some guarantees.

I mean, arguably the best of the new SW movies is Rogue One and even that was lightning in a bottle and I guarantee Disney or Kennedy have no idea how it really came together. And need I remind you that even that took a director getting fired, another director taking the project in the middle, a ton of reshoots (that showed even in the trailer) and that super awesome OMG Vader scene was a last minute addition added by a script doctor unfamiliar with Star Wars.

Trying to see Star Wars as you saw it as a kid is like thinking your next MMO is gonna feel like EQ all over again, but the MMO and video game industry has changed too, and so have you and your standards.

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to Star Wars, I have been enjoying The Mandalorian but that doesn't mean I'm blind to its clichés, tropes, failings, shortcomings and predictability. But it's still an enjoyable show.

About this particular episode 5, I liked the short dogfight in the intro, I liked seeing Tatooine again in a different angle, I liked the Tusken Raider's cant, I liked the scenes where they try to outsmart the sniper assassin, and I liked the "twist" that the rookie bounty hunter isn't that easily manipulated by the veteran elite assassin.

The repair droids and hangar lady weren't that bothersome to me, it's pretty obvious you can expect any non-bounty hunter female character in this entire show to instantly fall in love with Baby Yoda anyway.

It was mostly predictable, full of references and fan-service to I and IV, but is fun and that's all I ask really.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i said it before, but the shorter episodes removes filler, which if y'all have ever had a twinkie, an eclair, an oreo... the filler is the best part. because there's not a whole lot of time in each episode, we don't get secondary villains that mando can mop up on. we don't get to see him take a job where he demonstrates exactly why mandalorians are the most feared mercenaries in the galaxy. we don't get to see him have a dogfight with a bunch of mercs where he's outnumbered but outthinks and outguns everyone in a blaze of glory. instead, because there isn't a whole lot of time, we only get to see the encounters where mando's on the ropes. except, we all know this as the worf effect. we all KNOW worf is a badass warrior, so in order to show the audience that the threat is real, they have worf get his butt handed to him.

except, that means worf looks weak because he always loses every fight. which is why mando now looks weak.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
They should just name the show "Adventures of Mando and Baby Today."

This is shit tier level plot. How does this shit get approved.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Last episode was aight. It's getting a bit formulaic and the 30 minute running time doesn't help. Also, absent some sort of over-arching plot, there's nothing really to anticipate. They need to introduce some sort of goal/carrot for Mando to work towards, otherwise this is going to get old fast.

It's still better than all the most recent movies combined, but then again a UTI is better than the movies.

Maul

Dental Dammer
i said it before, but the shorter episodes removes filler, which if y'all have ever had a twinkie, an eclair, an oreo... the filler is the best part. because there's not a whole lot of time in each episode, we don't get secondary villains that mando can mop up on. we don't get to see him take a job where he demonstrates exactly why mandalorians are the most feared mercenaries in the galaxy. we don't get to see him have a dogfight with a bunch of mercs where he's outnumbered but outthinks and outguns everyone in a blaze of glory. instead, because there isn't a whole lot of time, we only get to see the encounters where mando's on the ropes. except, we all know this as the worf effect. we all KNOW worf is a badass warrior, so in order to show the audience that the threat is real, they have worf get his butt handed to him.

except, that means worf looks weak because he always loses every fight. which is why mando now looks weak.

Haha holy fuck, I really need to watch TNG again, that is even more cheese than I remember.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You say that like it is a bad thing. The golden Era!

Hercules, Xena, that other Bruce Campbell show where he fought the Mini-Me actor...
One of the greatest TV shows ever made. It was raunchy as fuck and amazing. There's no way they could air it these days with all the pussy libfags around.
250px-JackOfAllTrades_Complete.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The show is amazing. Sure it's a throwback to 70's-80's TV but why is everyone saying that like it's a bad thing? That was the golden age of television. It reminds me of shows like Kung Fu, Vanishing Son, Incredible Hulk, and Fugitive. Good guy on the run constantly moving from town to town solving everyone's problems.

More please. I also like how they didn't drop everything at once. I miss the days when we can spend a week dissecting an episode. When they drop the shit all at once I can't visit the thread till I'm done with the season, and then we're only talking about the overall arc.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?