The Mandalorian

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Again, episode was average which pretty much explains the show so far..average. Some of you are saying that if it wasn't 'Star Wars' then we wouldn't even be paying attention, some of that may be true but it also works the other way. It's held to a certain standard because it's Star Wars despite it not being a movie. I still think Mando looks way inexperienced for being a bounty hunter. He's even gets strong armed in negotiations, even with a dude who's begging him to help him get into the guild.

Cybsled

He wasn't really strong armed, the guy is like "I'll give you all the credits" and Mando saw an easy way to get his ship fixed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This show almost feels like The Adventures Brisco County Jr. sometimes lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
that is the only issue i have with it, too much fan service, in ep3 alone, oh look somebody said, "itchuta" oh look, Mando's ship cycles down with the same sound effects as the Millenium Falcon breaking down, oh look the Tontino full of baskar is the same Hamilton Beach ice cream maker that the black dude was running with in Cloud City, oh look its the same scary torture device from ANH. oh look, its the same periscope eye from ANH, oh look, oh look, oh look. we get it, its fucking star wars. stop beating me with member berries. the show is fine. you dont have to nostalgia rape me.

Look at it as having to repair a lot of damage...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

Just started watching this. I’m not a Star Wars fan at all, but this show has me hooked. It has the same template as Hercules and Xena from the 90’s.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He wasn't really strong armed, the guy is like "I'll give you all the credits" and Mando saw an easy way to get his ship fixed.

I was referring more towards the end once they get her, he basically gets told that he's the one that has to get an extra ride.

spronk

FPS noob
I cant fathom why they went with 30 min episodes instead of 1 hr. There is just so much nuance/story/backstory and shit missing because of the runtime. It all feels so rushed.

kids attention span, its been shown that a 10 year old has a 22-28 min attention span before they lose focus. This is aimed squarely at that 8-12 year old range

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just read an article about who actually PLAYS the Mandalorian. Apparently it's two stuntment and Pedro Pascal, but for the 4th episode, Pedro Pascal was on Broadway so he wasn't ever i the suit.

The neat thing is one of the stuntmen who plays him is John Wayne's grandson.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fell asleep during this episode. Idk, last two episodes have been Bored City, USA.

Still has a cool feel, really hoping these were just two shit, filler episodes.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
  • 1Cringe

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lets guess some possible trope episode themes for the rest of the season.
Mando's twin brother, is evil.
Mando's ex wife
Baby Yoda's first words
Baby Yoda's parents
Somebody Mando trusts will double cross him for the BH guild/Werner Herzog. Baby Yoda is taken away. Cara Dune?
Mysterious Stranger (boots) turns out to be some surprise person from the original trilogy.
Mando meets up with people who tie into the Rise of Skywalker. Rey's parents?

He's an orphan so his birth parents have to end up being revealed as someone very important, right? Maybe they end up being a villain or something?

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why don't we think he is a Yoda clone? The age 50 years lines up with the timeline of when they were working with Jango Fett and making the clone armies. The scientist from the first two episodes is wearing the uniform from Kamino, the cloning planet.

Yoda would probably have not let himself be willingly cloned, thus the secretive nature of this kids existence, and him being a high value target. They would likely be after a clone that had the same level of force sensitivity as the host, which might be challenging and very rare to produce in a clone. The kid could be special, 1 in a million type of clone and the rest were disposed of.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's an orphan so his birth parents have to end up being revealed as someone very important, right? Maybe they end up being a villain or something?
It is odd they keep bringing up his orphan status, it mirrors Rey. Maybe she was a foundling too.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's basically a given that baby yoda is a clone. for NO other reason than the people who are currently in charge of star wars CANNOT HELP but link everything to the trilogies. solo was a decent movie but the whole thing was basically just references to the OT strung together one after another. mandalorian has a ton of references but i'm honestly surprised at the amount of restraint they've shown by not putting more in.

it really feels like the people behind it all have no faith in the IP, so they have to link EVERYTHING together. i think a lot of people would really enjoy a show focused on a bounty hunter just going about doing his job every week that happens to be in the universe of star wars.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It is odd they keep bringing up his orphan status, it mirrors Rey. Maybe she was a foundling too.

This is Star Wars, man. Everyone and their cousin are orphans. I guess that's why Anakin and Luke were such twats. They never got any cool toys for Christmas; just cheap video game consoles, wool socks, and regifted Isotoner gloves.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage