The Mandalorian

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
thatsapenis.gif

Caught up on last couple pages here about Ep 6, and I don't get the vitriol. People taking this shit way too seriously for a show that's honestly kind of fun. It doesn't explain everything because fuck you it doesn't have to. Fill in the blanks you pretentious fucks. They're not doing anything that crazily breaks the universe or wildly outside the notions of what makes something Star Warsian. There is some cheese, but it's edible.

Also, I love the episodic aspect. It's the reason I can still re-watch Star Trek without having to watch every episode knowing which ones are great and which ones suck. I'll probably never go back and binge watch GOT or Walking Dead again. Only did with Breaking Bad after what ten years and because they released a followup film.

Ep 7 was awesome. Full on.
Breaking Bad looked a bit weird as what was that, effectively a Darth/Sith apprentice...? Crate dragons (?), force stuff, and double doublecross with the story finally moving forward since the first two episodes.
Saw this at a local comic shop.
View attachment 238312

I haven’t watched this show, is he one of the new main characters?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I haven’t watched this show, is he one of the new main characters?
1539492823926.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
great episode, i guess there was no stinger or anything just a 2 min sneak preview of Rise of Skywalker (lol) that got linked to this episode. Wonder if it really has any ties or not to Rise of Skywalker, guess we'll find out soon.

I kept expecting Mando to have thought 10 steps ahead and the whole "Kuil, are you at the ship yet? HOW ABOUT NOW? HOW ABOUT NOW???" to be some elaborate fakeout plan. But nope, Mando is really as retarded as he seems. Sure, he has super retard strength when it comes to close quarters fighting but man he is just awful, awful, awful at tactical planning.

The 8th episode and season 1 finale airs in 9 days, Dec 27th. Never thought I'd be more hyped for a TV episode of Star Wars over a movie, weird times.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Note: why don't all the TIEs land like that?! Makes so much more sense than the silly hanging racks.

Yeah, but I want to see the footage that they didn’t show us between him rising out the roof and walking along the ground. How exactly did he get down there?

• 1Picard

Jive Turkey

Karen
thatsapenis.gif

Caught up on last couple pages here about Ep 6, and I don't get the vitriol. People taking this shit way too seriously for a show that's honestly kind of fun. It doesn't explain everything because fuck you it doesn't have to. Fill in the blanks you pretentious fucks. They're not doing anything that crazily breaks the universe or wildly outside the notions of what makes something Star Warsian. There is some cheese, but it's edible.

Also, I love the episodic aspect. It's the reason I can still re-watch Star Trek without having to watch every episode knowing which ones are great and which ones suck. I'll probably never go back and binge watch GOT or Walking Dead again. Only did with Breaking Bad after what ten years and because they released a followup film.

Ep 7 was awesome. Full on.
Breaking Bad looked a bit weird as what was that, effectively a Darth/Sith apprentice...? Crate dragons (?), force stuff, and double doublecross with the story finally moving forward since the first two episodes.
Saw this at a local comic shop.

I don't think it's that people are taking it too seriously, it's just that those episodes weren't very good. Apart from the clunkiness of the story, the directing and cinematography felt off. Compare it to the newest episode. The new episode feels like a movie in the way it's framed and blocked out. The Burr episode felt like a Sci Fi network show.

Another point that became evident in the newest one is that the episodic nature - or at least the way they're handling it - is also a detriment. Episode 7 had so much weight because we were back with characters we care about instead of the d list giggling cunts we had last show (no disrespect to ol' billy red face. Bring him back, leave the others).

velk

Trakanon Raider
At first I thought the force choke was weird. Thinking about it though, prior to that 100% of the Mando's passengers have been in need of a force choke, so baby Yoda is probably all confused why Mando is yelling at him :emoji_smiling_imp:

This kind of childhood is how you get feral yodalings ;p

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
At first I thought the force choke was weird. Thinking about it though, prior to that 100% of the Mando's passengers have been in need of a force choke, so baby Yoda is probably all confused why Mando is yelling at him
1576743632983.png

FTFY

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At first I thought the force choke was weird. Thinking about it though, prior to that 100% of the Mando's passengers have been in need of a force choke, so baby Yoda is probably all confused why Mando is yelling at him :emoji_smiling_imp:

It also parallels what Quille was saying about IG-11 and how the people that imprint on him will shape his future. So if the Empire gets ahold of him he'll end up Darth Baby Yoda.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It also parallels what Quille was saying about IG-11 and how the people that imprint on him will shape his future. So if the Empire gets ahold of him he'll end up Darth Baby Yoda.
I was thinking about that. Quille would look like a father figure to IG11. It just witnessed the man who taught it how to walk, get murdered by imperial death troopers. Is that going to cause the robot to go in beast mode for revenge? Possibly how cara and mando escape?

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Let us also not overlook the live action debut of the Imperial Troop Transport! Those of us of a certain age who had one as a kid were already chuffed to see them used in Rebels, but to get one in live action was a definite winning bit of fan service.

1576759670607.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let us also not overlook the live action debut of the Imperial Troop Transport! Those of us of a certain age who had one as a kid were already chuffed to see them used in Rebels, but to get one in live action was a definite winning bit of fan service.

View attachment 238354
I was hoping a chariot command speeder would be pulling in behind it, but Gus in a TIE was acceptable.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I was thinking about that. Quille would look like a father figure to IG11. It just witnessed the man who taught it how to walk, get murdered by imperial death troopers. Is that going to cause the robot to go in beast mode for revenge? Possibly how cara and mando escape?

Ahhhhhhh you mother fucker. I bet that is exactly what will happen. The same robot that Mando had teamed up with that tried to kill Yoda will now team up with him again to save baby yoda!!!!

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This would also set up the end of the season to resemble the original poster where we see a team of Mando, IG11 and Cara Dune as a 'crew'

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 238354
i completely forgot about that toy. i loved me some star wars as a kid, but i was more into army men and their vehicles than collecting all the star wars stuff. i mean i had luke, vader, obi wan, c3po, han, leia and an xwing with artoo in the back and button to make it collapse, but the bigger vehicles were a bit spendy.

you could get a bag of army men for 50 cents and an armored vehicle for a buck at Woolworth's.
jl-timmee-armored-car-tan-olive-main_580x.jpg

i did have some interesting dog fights with the x wing and the army man plane
71vl2HH1zIL._SX425_.jpg

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Okay, so:

I’m not much of a Star Wars fan despite being there for all of it and being age appropriate. I’ve seen the classic movies a couple of times but only a couple of the new ones (from 2000 to present.). Needless to say I’m not a mega fan, I don’t know the storylines or have an intricate knowledge of the creatures, or how they play into each other.

I’ve recently watched several episodes of this with 2 other people who are also not huge SW fanatics. We all think while, amusing at times, and not offensively bad, this feels like a cable TV show from the 90s that was on the WB or something. It seems like it exists solely to market Baby Yoda merchandise. This show isn’t nearly worth the hype it’s getting, which again, I think you can slap Star Wars on a turd and people will still buy it (or Baby Yoda.)

I wonder if perhaps I actually knew more about the SW universe I’d appreciate it more and maybe that’s an element of it, so I can understand how hardcore fans might like it more.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users