The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it never came up with me and I'm sensitive to it. Nothing in this show tripped off diversity hire sensors at any point. It didn't come up with Lando back in 1980 either. There's ways to cast black men without slamming virtue down everyones throats that was lost in the 2000's.

Overall impressed, given current climate.
There was the one scene in ep 4 which started my warning bells. When cara was training the stupid males how to thrust a pointy stick, meanwhile mando is training the women how to be deadshots with blasters. Then i realized that it could be explained as the men being more useful as the melee while the chicks stayed behind going pew pew pew. Speaking of, did anyone else get a Vasquez in Aliens vibe from Cara wielding the m60 blaster rifle? I kept expecting her to scream, "lets rock!".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to the last three episodes. Man, I like this stuff. It's monster of the week nonsense half the time, but it is star wars magic 100%.

That opening in Ep 8 was solid goddamn gold. Taika Waititi(sp?) is the hero this generation deserves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finally got around to the last three episodes. Man, I like this stuff. It's monster of the week nonsense half the time, but it is star wars magic 100%.

That opening in Ep 8 was solid goddamn gold. Taika Waititi(sp?) is the hero this generation deserves.

They want him to do a full movie.

I think they should consider him for a movie. He showed he knows how to hit the right marks.

The way he shot certain scenes, and what I would guess was his direction to the actors throughout the finale episode really saved the series for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its a smarter move, since big box office movies means more money and more hands involved. They have enough franchises under their belt to make a slew of TV shows like how CW/WB does with DC Universe properties.

Fadaar

That guy
If we don't see Sabine in season 2 now i'd be shocked, unless Darth Gustavo having the Darksaber doesn't become a plot point right away. Or we've already seen her and she's the female blacksmith, that wouldn't surprise me either if that's the big season 2 reveal. However as soon as Mando find out about the Darksaber that's an instant rallying call for every living Mandalorian in the galaxy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If we don't see Sabine in season 2 now i'd be shocked, unless Darth Gustavo having the Darksaber doesn't become a plot point right away. Or we've already seen her and she's the female blacksmith, that wouldn't surprise me either if that's the big season 2 reveal. However as soon as Mando find out about the Darksaber that's an instant rallying call for every living Mandalorian in the galaxy.

She doesn't care about her people, she's too busy running around with Ahsoka looking for Ezra.

• 1Garbage

Ladro

Anomaly
This was better than Rise of Skywalker, by a lot. The finale was fucking great.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They want him to do a full movie.

I think they should consider him for a movie. He showed he knows how to hit the right marks.

The way he shot certain scenes, and what I would guess was his direction to the actors throughout the finale episode really saved the series for me.

As far as I'm concerned the black dude (Name too long), Chow, Fav and Waititi should all get a movie. They all did really well and understood the feel Star Wars is supposed to have.

They do need to be careful though. Waititi really skirts the line with humor (Admittedly successfully so far, but I think SW overall has a lower humor bar than Marvel), so I think he'd be wrong in a mainline SAGA film--but directing a Rogue-like intro story, like Han Solo, he'd be fucking amazing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

Doesn't even get released until May and already #1 seller on Amazon for toys( not even preorder, toys as a whole )

gauze

Molten Core Raider
If we don't see Sabine in season 2
Is she even that interesting of a character? I haven't watched all of rebels, but what I did; I really fucking hated her armor.

I might go back and watch Clone Wars and Rebels.. I kept reading and hearing that CW is getting a new season at the start of the year

My thoughts exactly when seeing the plea for Waitti. I'm pretty sure Disney is self-aware enough with their current trilogy but contracts.. they really need to pull back and just poke fun within the universe some.. Mando is a good start, doing good with Obi/Ewan is great timing has decent possibilities.. Giving Waitti his own story; even if its something like what 'we do in the shadows' rooted within the universe and kept in check by the lore police would be fine, as long as it utilizes or adds building blocks to the overall universe; even if its a one-off.

Thats my understanding with Rag, and probably with Love and Thunder.. James Gunn was put in charge of the "MCU Space Division/Visionaire" after GoG but Taika seemingly had free reign over the gladiator/battle planet with grand master.. if he pulls an award for something like Jojo Rabbit; disney is gonna put their hands all over him in anyway they can... if they're not already haha. Definitely has that "director for the fans" kinda vibe. I could be wrong on my info, as it was shitter reads in the past.. but Taika is definitely on the up and up 5?6? years.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is she even that interesting of a character? I haven't watched all of rebels, but what I did; I really fucking hated her armor.

I might go back and watch Clone Wars and Rebels.. I kept reading and hearing that CW is getting a new season at the start of the year

Rebels is like Clone Wars, in the fact that the beginning is average, at best, but starts to pick up after season 1.

When they announced The Mandalorian, and this thread started up, I decided to finally get around to watching Clone Wars (and then Rebels). I read that season 1 of CWs was the weakest, so I started with season 2 (I was unsure that I could make it through a kids cartoon). There were only a few times were I felt a little lost for information, but it worked out fine (if season 1 of CW was as kiddy as Rebels S1, I wouldn't have made it). As it has been said before, the last few seasons of Clone Wars were the best Star Wars since RotJ.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah ok. S1 9/10 from me. This is what programming should be. Yeah there was a weak episode in there, but goddamn this is a good show. I even have non Star Wars friends telling me they love it.

Can't wait for more! 👍🏻

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
just because, muh pants.

edit4bonus

bonus

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
lmao just found out that Taika Waititi directed 5 episodes of the abortion that was the US remake of the Inbetweeners

• 1Salty

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great finale. Kind of jarring with the "there's too many of them" versus "we'll shoot 90 of them at once". But whatever. Characters dying, an actual 'bad' guy, Mando doing more than just shooting people, Boba Fett stuff coming. Should be good.

Overall a good series. Probably an 8ish overall, with 3 or so episodes above that average and 2 or so below it. I didn't hate 4 as much as everyone else did, but it wasn't great. I thought the Heist one was cheesy for acting purposes and stuff.

Really interesting if they're going to try and find bbY's homeworld or just some hidden Jedi conclave. Could be cool.