The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So if the purge of Mandalore happens between ANH and RotJ, why is Boba Fett working with the Empire? isnt he a Mando? did he go rogue?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and its only 4 years from ANH to RotJ.

So if the purge of Mandalore happens between ANH and RotJ, why is Boba Fett working with the Empire? isnt he a Mando? did he go rogue?

I don't know if Jango was raised by Mandalorians but Boba certainly wasn't.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Series finale was good! I wish they kept this season more even. It is better as a serialized show. Not so good as a "job of the week" show.

It was a lot of serious fan service woven into a pretty simple, but good-looking show. As for the Star Wars universe, it hits a homer. I just think that EVERYTHING post-TESB sucked serious Jawa-dick. You have a universe people love, characters that can be reproduced and renamed (like having a book of characters from Dungeons and Dragons). All that you need to do is tie them together lovingly, smartly and artfully. Mando does this. Can it be smarter (a la Firefly/Continuum/Battlestar Gallactica/The Expanse)? Sure. But it can be dumb like a lot of the X-Files and Game of Thrones and the fan-base will love it anyway.

I am convinced Mando is supposed to be a shitty gunfighter/assasin, etc. It's his lineage that is somehow important.

I liked the Tarantino-esque stormtrooper scene. Nothing like that has ever been done in the Star Wars universe. It felt odd and tacked on, but it was goddamn hysterical and self-deprecating self-parody and it WAS funny.

Considering there are really only 2 watchable Star Wars films (no-- "Rogue One" wasn't good either), anything that gives us fans a little bit of dignity seems to be a masterpiece. That's why someone might argue Rogue One was good (it wasn't-- it just isn't a total pile of steaming Banta dung).

How hard is it to give a loyal fan-base precisely what they are asking for? Not impossible. Serenity did it for the Firefly fans. Veronica Mars did it. I bet there are a ton of other examples. You know the blueprints. But instead, Disney stupids them up by a factor of Warp 11... (sorry for that terrible mized-universes metaphor).

Nice finale to the Mandalorian! If we only had 2 or 3 of those assassin droids, the universe could be ours!

• 2Dislike
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They ended Season 1, saving the best for last. For Star Wars content, they did great. For overall TV content, it was fairly run of the mill (based on competition in this day & age).

Favreau and the directors had a tall order and they filled it.Overall grade for the season is a very enjoyable 7/10. It exceeded my expectations and I will signed up for Disney plus again when S2 comes out.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dude, I'm kidding.
giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Two biggest things to come out of season 1/show in general.

Baby Yoda

Darksaber