The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I predict they never find Planet Yoda, just for the simple fact there never was one before. George never said anything about it. So unless george tells them the origin planet, it will probably just remain a mystery.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I predict they never find Planet Yoda, just for the simple fact there never was one before. George never said anything about it. So unless george tells them the origin planet, it will probably just remain a mystery.

I'm pretty sure he is from the Italian planet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You really need to wonder why the demon man is flame resistant?
ackshually Burg is a Devaronian and there is absolutely nothing in the lore of the race (which is one of the more frequently used and well established ones) that indicates an immunity to a direct flame thrower attack.

But apparently fire and heat that can melt droids and combat armor in seconds is something you can just overcome with sufficient willpower.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ackshually Burg is a Devaronian and there is absolutely nothing in the lore of the race (which is one of the more frequently used and well established ones) that indicates an immunity to a direct flame thrower attack.

But apparently fire and heat that can melt droids and combat armor in seconds is something you can just overcome with sufficient willpower.
this is the only lore i need to know about.
DIwpVOTZqkeSCDc-800x450-noPad.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well in that case Mando now has not one, but two rock n roll powered demon horns, so he better use those powers in season 2.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Do you think the Scout Trooper scene where they just sorta gossip and gab for 5 mins is something Jon Favreau wrote or something Taiki Waititi wrote? It feels very much like a Waititi scene, but then again it also feels a bit like something out of 90s Swingers. We've all kind of assumed the directors come in and mostly focus on visuals and directing but that episode makes me wonder if the weekly director has a lot more input on the script as well.

I didn't love that scene as it played out, it felt very jarring and out of place in, well, not just The Mandalorian but all of Star Wars - felt like something Kevin Smith would do really - but on a rewatch I do like it a lot more. It totally seems like something two scout troopers would talk about, and while them not being able to hit a fucking thing with their blasters was funny it did feel a bit too meta of "only imperial troopers are so precise" from ANH.

Wonder if Kevin Smith will get a shot in s3, I think he's a huge star wars fan.

• 2Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Need to get one of the GOT battle episode directors to give us an hour long flashback episode of the Empire buttfucking the Mandalorians. Set up Darth Gus and show him getting the Darksaber.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Need to get one of the GOT battle episode directors to give us an hour long flashback episode of the Empire buttfucking the Mandalorians. Set up Darth Gus and show him getting the Darksaber.

I'd certainly love to know how they found the time to muster an army to not only take Mandalore by force but apparently do a full on purge, seeing as how they were thrown off of Mandalore shortly before A New Hope. Or what the fuck some other Moff was doing in Tarkin's territory.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd certainly love to know how they found the time to muster an army to not only take Mandalore by force but apparently do a full on purge, seeing as how they were thrown off of Mandalore shortly before A New Hope. Or what the fuck some other Moff was doing in Tarkin's territory.

Pretty sure that what happened on Mandalore on Rebels is the reason Palpatine probably went full purge on Mandalore.

Also Gideaon wasn't a Moff when the purge happened. He was an ISB officer, at least that's how Mando knew him. I am thinking he didn't personally kill anyone for the Darksaber but just came across/stole it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also Gideaon wasn't a Moff when the purge happened. He was an ISB officer

Forgot about that part. Still fucking stupid considering that Sabine didn't look like someone who'd just had her people and family wiped out during the finale of Rebels. Mandalore being purged just doesn't fucking fit and it rustles my jimmies something fierce.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Forgot about that part. Still fucking stupid considering that Sabine didn't look like someone who'd just had her people and family wiped out during the finale of Rebels. Mandalore being purged just doesn't fucking fit and it rustles my jimmies something fierce.

I assume there is gonna be some kind of comic/novel to fill in some of the blanks. We could also get more information during the show itself. There are a few departures from the Mandalorian lore, like shit with the not taking off the helmets. However I think that will be explained as a way to confuse their numbers while they try to rebuild. I am also pretty sure that was Death Watch that saved Mando as a kid.

As for Sabine.. the Purge would have happened during the time jump at the end of Rebels. She was also kind of honor bound by Ezra to watch over Lothal. During the time line of Mandalorian she is probably out with Ahsoka looking for Ezra. What would blow my mind is if Sabine and Ahsoka are the people Mando find while looking for Jedi/Yoda Homeworld.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She'd also probably be devastated/depressed rather than being her same bright and chipper upbeat self being all like 'ok Ahsoka lets go look for Ezra' like she didn't have a care in the world. The purge clashes horribly with the upbeat note that Rebels ended on, like I get that things are not all bright and happy 24/7 in the Star Wars galaxy, but I feel like Filoni was only given executive producer credit to lend legitimacy to them pissing all over his work.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Because she looked happy to see her friends for 30 seconds it nullifies any chance she was devastated and grieving? You're making a huge assumption based on a tiny, tiny scene, aren't you?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because she looked happy to see her friends for 30 seconds it nullifies any chance she was devastated and grieving? You're making a huge assumption based on a tiny, tiny scene, aren't you?

Because she's even alive. Because I refuse to believe she'd value staying on Lothal over fighting and dying with her family and people.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'd imagine that the story regarding the sack of Mandalore isn't something they will glance.. esp given that we were given the significance over Gideon, and Mando's relation..

The shows ending high note was tehe find BY's kind, but the real beef story seems to be Moff Gideon, Mando, and the dark saber.. BY will just be the thing that keeps their paths in sync.

Doesn't Rebels happen before ANH, is it improbable that these events happen in/around ANH - ESB - RoTJ?

Fadaar

That guy
I'd imagine that the story regarding the sack of Mandalore isn't something they will glance.. esp given that we were given the significance over Gideon, and Mando's relation..

The shows ending high note was tehe find BY's kind, but the real beef story seems to be Moff Gideon, Mando, and the dark saber.. BY will just be the thing that keeps their paths in sync.

Doesn't Rebels happen before ANH, is it improbable that these events happen in/around ANH - ESB - RoTJ?

The series has an epilogue that shows what everyone was up to after the Empire was defeated

edit: gets a mention here

Last edited: