The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

is that who that was?
I dunno.. that was Sasha Banks from WWE. That would be a huge acting role for a starting actress.

sasha-banks-mando.jpg

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they let Kennedy fuck up the one remaining good SW IP, they deserve to be the ones who pull the Mouse down. Its a fucking travesty that they even let her set foot on the set of the show. You know Favreau sure as shit does not want her there after the complete shafting Abrahms got. Whether you like JJ or any of his work, having that bitch go in and maul your fucking final cut to suit her agenda is something no director should stand for.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
no clue who that is but she has the natural look and appears to like coloring her hair sooooo......
Don't get me wrong. I think she is fine as Sabine. Just unsure of her acting abilities. Physically she is right for the role.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
We're talking about Mandalorians. Their planet was turned into an uninhabitable desert because they went to war with the Jedi Order. The single most significant Mandalorian artifact IS A FUCKING LIGHTSABER.

I think there are a lot of hints the cult he belongs to is far removed from Mandalore itself. It seems like a recruiting religious camp, not anything connected with the actual planet. Most likely those are all kids from backwaters raised more on stories from Mandalore, rather than the actual history.

Describing the Jedi as "wizards" probably conveys a lot more information than Jedi, if you don't know what a Jedi is.

Meh, can forgive this if they explain his little cult compound in that way.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think there are a lot of hints the cult he belongs to is far removed from Mandalore itself. It seems like a recruiting religious camp, not anything connected with the actual planet. Most likely those are all kids from backwaters raised more on stories from Mandalore, rather than the actual history.

His Covert looked like a mish mash of different clans brought together for survival. That's why they all had mostly different paint schemes.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The elder at the compound knew about the Jedi, but it stands to reason that with them being basically wiped out for a couple decades the younger ones like Mando would not have heard much if anything about them. Even in the movies, only the core world people seemed to have any idea what a Jedi was during the E4-6 period. People on the rim have no idea at this time.

Fadaar

That guy
This one shot really makes me wonder. I'm going to assume it's another ship and not his but the paint scheme being identical makes you go hmm.

1234.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Pascal story is that he wanted more helmet off scenes and was hating the suit. He went to the directors and they said no.. That is not the way. Sooo.. Pedro jumped over all of them and went to Lucasarts. Lucasarts said no, but when creative heard what he did, they told him to walk. Apparently he's been an ass to work with cuz of the suit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the only time he was even in the suit was during that one helmet off scene and everything else was just voice over work for him.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. He wanted more screen time. Yeah, that's really dumb if true.

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Pascal story is that he wanted more helmet off scenes and was hating the suit. He went to the directors and they said no.. That is not the way. Sooo.. Pedro jumped over all of them and went to Lucasarts. Lucasarts said no, but when creative heard what he did, they told him to walk. Apparently he's been an ass to work with cuz of the suit.
WTF kinda work is he going to get during Covid? Dude is retarded.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the only time he was even in the suit was during that one helmet off scene and everything else was just voice over work for him.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. He wanted more screen time. Yeah, that's really dumb if true.
He's in the suit for a lot of the show. Especially anything non combat oriented. He's talked about having to use his body language differently and shit before on interviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My issue with Mando's and everyone not knowing who Jedi are is that based on what we saw, it makes no sense. Tatooine is an outer rim world and Anakin as a toddler knew what Jedi were. He immediately recognized qui-gon as a Jedi when he saw his lightsaber. It's like 40 years from episode 1 to the mandalorians. No WAY people are just spontaneously oblivious, I don't care HOW MUCH the empire censors information.

Like, in countries where certain religions are heavily persecuted, those religions still exist and are known about. They are just are practiced in secret.

It'd be MUCH more realistic if when someone mentions Jedi or lightsabers or whatever, if someone next to them immediately shushed them and told them to stop talking about wives tales unless they want a visit from the empire

• 1Garbage

joz123

Potato del Grande
My issue with Mando's and everyone not knowing who Jedi are is that based on what we saw, it makes no sense. Tatooine is an outer rim world and Anakin as a toddler knew what Jedi were. He immediately recognized qui-gon as a Jedi when he saw his lightsaber. It's like 40 years from episode 1 to the mandalorians. No WAY people are just spontaneously oblivious, I don't care HOW MUCH the empire censors information.

Like, in countries where certain religions are heavily persecuted, those religions still exist and are known about. They are just are practiced in secret.
Mando lived underground for many years and only went above ground when doing missions. It is plausible that Mando was unaware of Jedi for a long time unless he happened to see or hear about them as a kid before getting recruited.

• 1Garbage

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

It'd be MUCH more realistic if when someone mentions Jedi or lightsabers or whatever, if someone next to them immediately shushed them and told them to stop talking about wives tales unless they want a visit from the empire
It doesn't at all make any sense that in a universe where lightspeed travel is possible, there are gaps in knowledge as immense as not knowing who the Jedi are, when the Jedi started a war just 30 years ago that had an immense impact on the entire galaxy. Maybe I could buy some bum on some backwater planet not knowing about the Jedi, but someone as well traveled as Mando? Yeah it's fucking stupid.

• 1Garbage

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I resent them turning this show into a Mando/baby Yoda buddy comedy. Having that fucking toy around completely takes the edge of the show and puts it on some Disney channel shit.

• 2Salty
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I resent them turning this show into a Mando/baby Yoda buddy comedy. Having that fucking toy around completely takes the edge of the show and puts it on some Disney channel shit.

Just from the trailer, they really opened up the world compared to season 1.

• 1Like