The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So basically their plot line will get side tracked by other characters having their own plot lines. I mean that makes sense and it can be risk vs reward situation. If the new plots suck, then people will miss the main one even more. Kinda like GoT when a Bran heavy episode rolled along.

Yea, no.

1599628205267.png

That works for a full length series.

20 minute episodes with 8 episodes total isn't going to hack it.

Game of Thrones my ass.

They need to ditch live action and go animated at this point with the Mandalorian concept. Cartoon shorts are more appropriate.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still haven't watched this. I'll get around to it at some point. I could care less about Star Wars, but Bill Burr is in it, so there's that.

Cybsled

Yea, no.

That works for a full length series.

20 minute episodes with 8 episodes total isn't going to hack it.

Game of Thrones my ass.

They need to ditch live action and go animated at this point with the Mandalorian concept. Cartoon shorts are more appropriate.

My prediction

1) Half the episodes are heavily mando-baby yoda centric
2) We get Mandalore flashback episode that tells the story of the fall of Mandalore and how Moff got the Dark Saber
3) We get a Cara Dune + Carl Weathers centric episode
4) We get an Ashoka centric episode

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Reading a bit more it sounds like this is bigger than just expanding the show. Apparently Pedro Pascal walked off or was told to leave the set like halfway through the season. Apparently there was a blow up with him and some Exec on the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

That would make sense, but we will probably never learn the real reasons until this show is long gone.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That would make sense, but we will probably never learn the real reasons until this show is long gone.

I mean we'll know if there is no season 3 or he isn't even in it. Although can't call it Mando anymore... unless they replace him with Sabine or something.

Cybsled

I imagine this show has more pressure on it as well since 1st season was a big hit, which means more hands in the pot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I imagine this show has more pressure on it as well since 1st season was a big hit, which means more hands in the pot.

We got the Obi-Wan show coming and apparently Hayden is coming back as Anakin/Vader. We also have Ahsoka going and I bet there will be at least one more spin off from Mandalorian.

Cybsled

They’ll probably use a Mando “bubble episode” to gauge interest in the characters for possible spin offs

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Reading a bit more it sounds like this is bigger than just expanding the show. Apparently Pedro Pascal walked off or was told to leave the set like halfway through the season. Apparently there was a blow up with him and some Exec on the show.

If they try to get away from Pedro/Mando its going to be a fucking disaster. No one there wants to admit it, but the strong, stoic man with a heart of gold is just the kind of character audiences are dying for. People are starved for exactly that kind of character, and its precisely the kind of character Hollywood currently hates because its "cliche". It really doesn't matter how good the new characters are; because the show itself isn't that amazing, the writing isn't that amazing....its character people are starved for.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
god please tell me he blew up on Kennedy

Kennedy is involved directly with this Mandalorian debacle. She's the one who ordered the trailer re-shoot.

Maybe a nothingburger though. if Pascal walked halfway through then ordering a trailer re-shoot is normal.

Pascal may have even clashed with Disney. Like mentioned above-- a lot of hands in this pot due to the future of the IP hinging on it.

Also possible is Pascal walked because of being sidelined by a revised Kennedy script. So he walked because he wasn't the main character, which is pretty normal as well.

If a project doesn't really need you anymore, you'll walk.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If they try to get away from Pedro/Mando its going to be a fucking disaster. No one there wants to admit it, but the strong, stoic man with a heart of gold is just the kind of character audiences are dying for. People are starved for exactly that kind of character, and its precisely the kind of character Hollywood currently hates because its "cliche". It really doesn't matter how good the new characters are; because the show itself isn't that amazing, the writing isn't that amazing....its character people are starved for.
Bigot

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I agree with this 100%. Huge mistake if Disney gets away from Mando. Like mind blowing stupid.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so i've lost all respect for pedro pascal, yes i've championed him as mando, but he's too faggy now

you see that faggy shit pedro is doing? he/him

so this of course bleed onto Gina, and we know by now Gina don't take no shit, so she does this instead

TLDR: pedro is a faggot and he probably stormed off of the set cuz there wasn't enough BLM pandering

• 11Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 12 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeeeeaaaah I dont think that Pedro walked off because there wasn't enough sjw blm going on. Not with our current star wars execs. They would have said, you're right, let's focus on some young black female and her struggles.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ya know.. It's nice to see a good ole American woman like Gina Carano that doesn't need to be White Knighted. I think her being an MMA fighter before going into acting definitely is part of the reason she doesn't fall for the conformity in Hollywood.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm not entirely surprised on his stance/opinion given that he is a Chilean refugee and his parents were granted political asylum for being in the opposition of a military dictatorship. I get what you're saying, but I'd guess it has more to do with being raised in a family that "fought oppression" and such. I'd be more weirded out if he was pro-blue and whatever rhetoric that is opposite to blm/sjw/woke type shit. Either way, doesn't effect my watching experience and could care less about their personality outside the roles they play. I'm never going to have a conversation with them, /shrug

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users