The Mandalorian

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I seem to remember somebody getting swiss cheesed in that movie, too. They didn't hold shit back.

Yep, found it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Such a fucking diva. Dude can be easily replaced.
i think that's his point. he wants his face on the show more so he becomes less replaceable. unfortunately, most actors don't understand that wanting to put their face everywhere is exactly the kind of behavior that people get tired of. karl urban, as pointed out earlier, is one of the only actors that seems to understand that

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i think that's his point. he wants his face on the show more so he becomes less replaceable. unfortunately, most actors don't understand that wanting to put their face everywhere is exactly the kind of behavior that people get tired of. karl urban, as pointed out earlier, is one of the only actors that seems to understand that

Karl Urban admitted to loving the Dredd comics. In over 43 years Dredd's face hasn't been seen in print so I salute Urban for not letting his ego get the better of him (unlike Stallone).

I'm guessing Pascal gives zero fucks about Star Wars or the character he's meant to be playing and probably thinks he's some hot shit because he was briefly in GoT and a handful of weaksauce movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Gina Carano has mentioned that Pascal would take off his helmet off screen for some scenes during character interactions with her, since it helped her with acting

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Karl Urban admitted to loving the Dredd comics. In over 43 years Dredd's face hasn't been seen in print so I salute Urban for not letting his ego get the better of him (unlike Stallone).

I'm guessing Pascal gives zero fucks about Star Wars or the character he's meant to be playing and probably thinks he's some hot shit because he was briefly in GoT and a handful of weaksauce movies.

i mean, i admit that there's NO precedence for mandalorians not taking off their helmets, so one could (and a bunch of us on here have) argue against keeping the helmet on 100%. however, the writers and directors have all agreed that (for whatever reason) this little clan of mandalorians keep their helmets on for religious purposes. there's definitely a time and a place to have the discussion about having scenes without the helmet, but that time probably ended before they actually started filming.

like cybsled commented, acting against someone where you can't see their face can be problematic for inexperienced actors. absolutely no sleight against gina, she just doesn't have the experience to work against a blank slate. having scenes without the helmet would definitely help in that regard.

but again, at this point, the show has made several separate points that these mandalorians always keep their helmets on so it's all sort of moot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
i mean, i admit that there's NO precedence for mandalorians not taking off their helmets, so one could (and a bunch of us on here have) argue against keeping the helmet on 100%.

You could almost argue the precedent with Boba Fett in the OT which is only a few years before The Mandalorian takes place. I would cite the prequels with Jango but he isn't really a Mandalorian (then again same for Boba), really it was only The Clone Wars and Rebels that really fleshed them out in the canon universe.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Was it ever explained why Jango had Mandalorian armor? I remember that he took the whole suit off and had a face-to-face conversation with Obi-Wan at one point.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was it ever explained why Jango had Mandalorian armor? I remember that he took the whole suit off and had a face-to-face conversation with Obi-Wan at one point.
181bfcc7be0bd7326cae68f206754d97.png

floor

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He somehow stole the armor at one point but is never explained how.
comics have jango and his fett family on a farm and they gave food to runaway mandalorians, the empire? found them and killed jangos family and jango with the mandalorians got revenge and i guess he was just a mandalorian from then on

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
canonically speaking, pretty sure Jango is just a dude who killed a Mandalorian and took his armor. All that shit with him being from Concord Dawn and ending up as Mandalore is EU.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
comics have jango and his fett family on a farm and they gave food to runaway mandalorians, the empire? found them and killed jangos family and jango with the mandalorians got revenge and i guess he was just a mandalorian from then on

Jango's armor is also not Beskar, it's just durasteel.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
1600902165281.png

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is it possible the whole mask thing is an appearance thing? like that episode of the twilight zone where everyone has to wear a mask all the time cuz everyone looks the same, in this case everyone looks completely different so nobody is actually a mandalorian. the masks keep the facade going.