The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
is it possible the whole mask thing is an appearance thing? like that episode of the twilight zone where everyone has to wear a mask all the time cuz everyone looks the same, in this case everyone looks completely different so nobody is actually a mandalorian. the masks keep the facade going.
My original thinking was it so they couldn't be recognized and to hide their exact numbers. They even make the comment of only going out one at a time. Apparently it's supposed to be a clan thing though. There were quite a few Mandalorian clans, so one we haven't come across isn't a huge step out of canon. Especially one that was out in the Outer Rim.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I seem to remember somebody getting swiss cheesed in that movie, too. They didn't hold shit back.

Yep, found it.

Gratuitous violence was an 80s thing. The whole Robocop movie was laden with various scenes of excessive violence and cruelty/malice. Things you might expect in a horror movie.

That disappeared by the 90's. They cleaned up anything that was "too much". I.E. Robocop's death scene where he is tortured essentially. Things like that disappeared from AAA action movies. Things became more uniform and formulaic in terms of creative decisions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My original thinking was it so they couldn't be recognized and to hide their exact numbers. They even make the comment of only going out one at a time. Apparently it's supposed to be a clan thing though. There were quite a few Mandalorian clans, so one we haven't come across isn't a huge step out of canon. Especially one that was out in the Outer Rim.
sure, a clan of orphans from around the galaxy. everyone looks different so they wear different masks to look similar to each other. like a sports team. but none of them are actually Mandos

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
sure, a clan of orphans from around the galaxy. everyone looks different so they wear different masks to look similar to each other. like a sports team. but none of them are actually Mandos

Eh, I think them dressed as Mando was enough. I mean people are most likely just going to say I saw a Mandalorian. Not I saw a Mandalorian and he had blue chestplate, red armbands, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
4958340590_8405a2bf16_z.jpg
i'm 99% positive his flame thrower is a "fett"uccine box
imageedit_37_3716287571_1200x1200.png

that makes it awesome

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People with enough money could buy Mandalorian armour. I presume with all the cash Jango made for being the Imperial Clone template he bought himself a suit. I mean, it was pristine in the movie which would indicate it had hardly been used. It only became battered to shit after a lifetime of use by Boba.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
People with enough money could buy Mandalorian armour. I presume with all the cash Jango made for being the Imperial Clone template he bought himself a suit. I mean, it was pristine in the movie which would indicate it had hardly been used. It only became battered to shit after a lifetime of use by Boba.
Boba time travels back in time with only one msg to his dad/clone

"splurge on the Beskar Gorget"
1600968754676.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider
So, after seeing this for the first time, I wonder why the CIS didn't just build armies of that bounty hunter droid and wtfpwn everything.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So, after seeing this for the first time, I wonder why the CIS didn't just build armies of that bounty hunter droid and wtfpwn everything.
Well at minimum they had 88 of them. I think the intentional self destruct lost them more droids than being shot.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
that's an easy fix.... design the army version not to explode.

It was part of their programming so they wouldn't be reprogrammed like what Kuille did. Even then he apparently couldn't over ride the self destruct protocol.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
It was part of their programming so they wouldn't be reprogrammed like what Kuille did. Even then he apparently couldn't over ride the self destruct protocol.

Ok, here's an idea, when you're building armies of them, don't put thermal detonators into them ;)

There, problem solved and you just beat the republic.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ok, here's an idea, when you're building armies of them, don't put thermal detonators into them ;)

There, problem solved and you just beat the republic.

Well these weren't made by the Empire anyway. All IG droids were Bounty Hunters. The Empire had the Commando Droids.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
everything in the prequels was pristine though. it was one of the critiques in the plinket reviews. the OT was gritty and dirty. the prequels had everything be shiny and new.