The Mandalorian

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i think even axes for the gamorians

Fairly sure the gamorreans fighting in the first episode of S2 were using Vibro-Axes. That's their standard weapon though so I'd be surprised if they used anything else.

A bunch of this lore I picked up from various Star Wars roleplaying games so not sure if any of it is movie canon or stems from the various novels or just made up for the RPG.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started watching new episode and i'm 5 minutes in and... how did they get out there? Wouldn't they also have speeders or a ship?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's just on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. Probably have nothing which is why they were trying to ambush whoever was heading into town.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Baby Yoda loves them froglok eggs. leave it to a fucking froglok to run out into a cave full of Crystal Spiders to take a bath. what a silly episode. it was fun though.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

After these first couple episodes, I wonder if that will hint at the “tone” shift that rumor mills talked about. It’s currently following an episodic “problem of the week” format with an underlying mission of finding other Mandos and in turn Jedi. Maybe once he finds them, it becomes more serialized?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Baby Yoda loves them froglok eggs. leave it to a fucking froglok to run out into a cave full of Crystal Spiders to take a bath. what a silly episode. it was fun though.
To be fair to frog lady. It was more cuz Baby Yoda went Lizzo on that spider egg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It looks like the next Star Wars Disney+ show is going to be a Boba Fett series. It is supposed to start filming soon before Mandalorian season 3 early next year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Join us this week for the adventures of Mando and Frog Lady as they dodge pesky spacecops on their journey to protect frog eggs! Like what the fuck, lol.

It was a strangely satisfying episode .....but why waste time with this?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Join us this week for the adventures of Mando and Frog Lady as they dodge pesky spacecops on their journey to protect frog eggs! Like what the fuck, lol.

It was a strangely satisfying episode .....but why waste time with this?
To show that Baby Yoda is pro abortion.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malkav

French Madman
I don't like spiders, like, at all. So the episode definitely made my skin crawl. Was good otherwise.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't like spiders, like, at all. So the episode definitely made my skin crawl. Was good otherwise.
what dont you like about spiders? they kill other bugs and they make cool looking webs. i never kill them.

also, are you a woman?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Those spider things were in a couple episodes of Rebels. To think I thought they were icky in that...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
This is rubbish, absolute zzz fest

This episode was an X files monster of the week with a star wars skin
Is there no limit to the depth of your absolute faggotry? If I had a time machine I'd go back and remove your whore mothers uterus before you could slither out like the creepy cunt that you are.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Honestly you idiots like this shit?

10s into second episode and I'm reminded of one of it's core faults - his literal impenetrable plot armour

• 3Garbage
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

10s into second episode and I'm reminded of one of it's core faults - his literal impenetrable plot armour
what? you think the armored bounty hunter show is flawed because he wears armor? if he gets killed, then his armor isnt really vey good and thats the end of the show. his armor or plot armour as you call it, is the most sensible thing about this show.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

You mean the heavy clunky armor they wear because it's highly unpenetrable by the most commonly used weapons of the time that is essentially their calling card?

I bet you think Iron Man's armor is plot armor too.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ok so he's invincible, what a compelling story that makes.

Halfway through episode and it still doesn't feel like a compelling serial drama, getting chased by random x wings (admittedly that helped build the world a little bit) then going straight into a crash landing is again making things too episode centric rather than actually advancing the story

What next? He needs a certain part to repair the ship? Encounters a wampa?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like it's been said before in this thread, this show is akin to Xena or Hercules. There's an overall plot line, but a lot, if not most episodes are self-contained and contribute minorly to the overarching plot line. He's on the story quest but he's got to get some side quests done to get the upgrades to accomplish it. Also if we learned from last season all these bit characters tend to come back in the last few of the season. He's basically making friends/hirelings right now. It was the same way with Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, and Not IG-88.

But I feel like this being a MMORPG messageboard I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

• 2Like