The Mandalorian

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Jayrebb might as well be the iraqi minister of information when it comes to disney.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Ya, those seem like questionable numbers. Everything I can find on the topic shows Boys S2 had higher ratings, but Mando grew over last year and is still the biggest draw on D+

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i heard those same numbers too, which i dunno where they came from, but it didnt seem to make sense, what the fuck else is on TV? this show had good buzz all year. that more or less made me check out the episode to see how bad it was. it had the same tone as last season, though the spacefro lady seemed to be poorly used. she said she was going to babysit BY and not only does she never do that, she is never seen again in the episode. perhaps she does babysit baby yoda, in an earlier cut and they later decided they wanted baby yoda with Mando instead. which is also odd because he has no impact on the episode other than being cute.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i heard those same numbers too, which i dunno where they came from, but it didnt seem to make sense, what the fuck else is on TV? this show had good buzz all year. that more or less made me check out the episode to see how bad it was. it had the same tone as last season, though the spacefro lady seemed to be poorly used. she said she was going to babysit BY and not only does she never do that, she is never seen again in the episode. perhaps she does babysit baby yoda, in an earlier cut and they later decided they wanted baby yoda with Mando instead. which is also odd because he has no impact on the episode other than being cute.
You do have a set of people that are gonna sit out and wait for the show to have all episodes to binge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You do have a set of people that are gonna sit out and wait for the show to have all episodes to binge.
im not a binge person. i like following along from week to week and threads here used to be fun with theorycrafting. even if it turned out most of the time to be bullshit and we got blueballed because our theories were often better than how these storylines actually turned out. i think binging killed a lot of TV shows and the whole TV show experience.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the guys over at Carlin Brothers on Youtube have a theory that the round thing from the Crayt Dragon is not an egg, but a pearl, which contains a kyber crystal that with Ashoka's and Baby Yoda's help will create a light saber for Mando to use against Moff Gideon's darksaber. is that possible?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the guys over at Carlin Brothers on Youtube have a theory that the round thing from the Crayt Dragon is not an egg, but a pearl, which contains a kyber crystal that with Ashoka's and Baby Yoda's help will create a light saber for Mando to use against Moff Gideon's darksaber. is that possible?
Krayt Pearls are a thing, and they are super super rare. There is a mission in KOTOR that has you get a pearl by killing a Krayt Dragon. The crystal thing is pretty sus. Especially since Beskar armor is supposed to be lightsaber proof. There are also other canon items that can be used to fight lightsabers that would be way easier to get.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
May simply be an easter egg, may be a future tie-in to the darksaber using a krayt pearl. Doubt that specific plot suggestion will ever happen.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Krayt Pearls are a thing, and they are super super rare. There is a mission in KOTOR that has you get a pearl by killing a Krayt Dragon. The crystal thing is pretty sus. Especially since Beskar armor is supposed to be lightsaber proof. There are also other canon items that can be used to fight lightsabers that would be way easier to get.
alright, so its possible but not likely. thanks, those guys always come up with crazy theories about stuff. also woops on Krayt.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If you want to join the star wars mud ive been on since the early 90's you'd realize that vibrosabers are dime a dozen. literally the cheapest weapon in the imperium.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Mando literally used a vibro knife at the start of the episode when he got attacked by that crime dude's goons as well.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Its just an easter egg tie in to KoTOR. Mando couldn't handle a lightsaber.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
vibroblades are basically exactly what you think they are. they come in several styles (knives, swords, i think even axes for the gamorians). the blades themselves vibrate in small but extremely quick manner making them (from what i remember) not only cut but destabilize whatever they come in contact with. lightsabers themselves can cut through them, but they are resistant to some extent.

i don't know if it's canon anymore, but cortosis is a rare alloy that actually shuts down lightsabers when they come in contact with it. though they might have retconned it that it's just highly resistant to lightsabers, i don't remember. some vibroblades were coated with cortosis specifically to fight jedi. either way, i don't think it ever showed up in clone wars or rebels, so it might not be a thing anymore

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Trandoshans that attacked Mando in Ep2 we're using Vibroblades as well. They're fairly common.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
correct. vibroblades are basically standard weapons. if someone has access to a blaster, they have access to a vibroblade.

the question is whether or not cortosis is still a thing, because otherwise even with the normal resistance of a vibroblade, lightsabers still cut through them easily enough

• 1Like