The Mandalorian

Fadaar

That guy
Boba was the only clone to age naturally right? Been a while but I seem to remember that being the case. I really don't know what Boba has to offer besides knowledge and contacts, not like he'd really make sense as a villain. Anti-hero/baddie turned good maybe but then again he could still be an Imperial stooge. I do have a feeling he might freak the fuck out if he sees baby Yoda though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Only one of the Jango clones anyways. In the prequels, that was Jango's only request for payment: He wanted a clone with no accelerated aging and that would just age normally like any person. All the clone troopers, like Rex, had accelerated aging so while chronologically speaking they would be the same actual age of Boba, they would effectively be 20+ years older in terms of how their body is aged.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
By the time of the Rebels show most of the clone troopers had been decommissioned from Imperial service, any still in service were much older and worked as training instructors. One of the expected plotlines they will have to address is how they stabilized Rex's aging so he's still alive around the Mandalorian time period.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it was a satisfying episode, but I have to agree with ossoi a bit in that it did feel a little *too* much like a monster/problem of the week show.
If it wasnt for Boba at the end it would have really fell into that, but at least showing him illustrated where they are going.

He fell into a sarlac pit no? And was presumed dead. In this episode mando mentioned a empty sarlac pit. which is obviously linked to Boba's story and how he might of lived.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a fine episode in a vacuum, but as part of a serial TV show I'm not sure how it really advanced the overall plot. I'm not a huge star wars buff by any means, until I read this thread I had no idea the character at the end was Boba. If that's the connection.... eh. A 3 second appearance of an unknown (to me at least) character is not a great way to connect episodes

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was great, I don't know what some of you are thinking. Loved the homage to Ben Kenobi with the dragon sound from the original movie. Loved the homage to Han Solo/plus poking fun at Lucas with the "parsec" line. Favreau is killing it with this stuff.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I am entertained. Mechanic lady could be a better actor, but she's not in it enough to bother me. Krayt dragon was fun, and the complaints about it in the thread don't apply to me. I was perfectly fine with how it was shown and them using it.

Wish that lucas arts had a bit more creativity. I'm pretty sure that's boba fett, but him giving up his armor and becoming some sand hermit don't make much sense and isn't too creative. I'd rather it be someone else.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much.

d91efbfce920819d1ed8f604c78b4f96.jpg

• 17Worf
Reactions: 16 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...

The Mandalorian...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if they will swipe from this, but the old EU books had a short story explaining it. And another where he tracks down Han afterwards (Han is fucking around on the eve of his marriage doing some illegal shit because he is Han) and Boba gets him by whacking the other guys after him. Boba then spends a chapter bitching him out for being so fucking stupid when he has a wife and family and leaves. Was a pretty well written story actually, but both emphasized how physically fucked up he was after being in the sarlack for a bit. Pretty sure Mando's solution to the dragon is a bit of a tip of the hat to that.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was going to watch this sooner, but with the election madness and stuff, plus i heard this episode was lame and that people were no longer interested in the show. fake news. this was pretty fucking awesome and people saying it was lame or whatever can suck it. its definitely following a star wars arc of "the chosen one", but that goes for a lot of shows including the new Star Trek. with that said, i do like the video game style of quest missions, because of course i would. i did have a small nitpick, when the Krayt dragon was yanking the ropes with the Tuscan raiders holding on, i kept yelling at the screen. "just fucking let go of it. dont let it eat you!" i dont even know what the point was of the ropes attached to stakes in the sand. its sand guys. sand, as in it doesnt have anything to hold onto. these guys should know that, because they're sand people. but thats it. the rest was pretty sweet. the episode storyline reminded me of the movie High Plains Drifter or hilariously, the plot to Blazing Saddles. freed slaves and townfolk band together to stop the gang of outlaws. all good stuff. i also think the episode was long was just due to it being the season premiere. last season the first episode should have been an hour, but they stretched it out to make it two parts. next episode should be shorter.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i did have a small nitpick, when the Krayt dragon was yanking the ropes with the Tuscan raiders holding on, i kept yelling at the screen. "just fucking let go of it. dont let it eat you!" i dont even know what the point was of the ropes attached to stakes in the sand. its sand guys. sand, as in it doesnt have anything to hold onto.

I just assumed it was a nod to the cliché.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Views are tepid on Disney+. 45,000 to 55,000 debut approximately

- Politics, pandemic, and protesting has been a major distraction to the fandom

- Twitter buzz and hashtag/search metrics were quiet prior to release-- as expected, given what has been going on this year

- Disney is evaluating whether Mandalorian could or should be delivered on a free platform

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
- Views are tepid on Disney+. 45,000 to 55,000 debut approximately

- Politics, pandemic, and protesting has been a major distraction to the fandom

- Twitter buzz and hashtag/search metrics were quiet prior to release-- as expected, given what has been going on this year

- Disney is evaluating whether Mandalorian could or should be delivered on a free platform
yeah, thats what i was alluding to, buzz for this show is down and people were blaming the show. i think its new people who have some different expectaions about it. maybe they thought its just Baby Yoda doing Baby Yoda things and were disappointed because this Boba Fett dude is the star. i dont want a Baby Yoda show. i dont know what i want, but thats not it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol at 45k-55k views.

On Oct. 30, the Season 2 premiere of The Mandalorian drew 1.04 million households, according to SambaTV data provided to Observer. That marks an increase of 73% compared to the show’s Season 1 premiere on Nov. 12, 2019.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity