The Mandalorian

Fadaar

That guy
This is where if they hadn't used him in Rebels already Thrawn would be perfect. Not so much for this series because he's a big picture baddy but someone lurking in the background to hear about.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is where if they hadn't used him in Rebels already Thrawn would be perfect. Not so much for this series because he's a big picture baddy but someone lurking in the background to hear about.

Couldn't he still be around? How long do Chiss live and wasn't he off doing something else during RoTJ?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, he could show up. There are already rumors about Ezra showing up.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah, he could show up. There are already rumors about Ezra showing up.

TBH with Filoni and Favreau being the big dicks on set I wouldn't be surprised. It's looking more and more like this will be a live action continuation of what Clone Wars and Rebels started.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
TBH with Filoni and Favreau being the big dicks on set I wouldn't be surprised. It's looking more and more like this will be a live action continuation of what Clone Wars and Rebels started.
They are also trying to stay away from the big Star Wars original characters. So it makes sense for them to draw from Rebels/Clone Wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well, Mando isn't a Mandalorian either. They could have taken Boba in after his dad's shaving accident.

eh.jpg

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
the guys over at Carlin Brothers on Youtube have a theory that the round thing from the Crayt Dragon is not an egg, but a pearl, which contains a kyber crystal that with Ashoka's and Baby Yoda's help will create a light saber for Mando to use against Moff Gideon's darksaber. is that possible?
indiana jones gun GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I think part of the charm of this show so far to me has been that most of what Mando does for the past two seasons doesn't matter to the big picture/universe. In terms of the yoda baby, he's somewhat likeable, but even if the bad guys got him it wouldn't really change the universe, and the nature of his nigh permanent baby-ness means he probably won't grow into anything useful anytime soon.

If they start trying to tie this into some grander story that carries between episodes, it really has the potential to ruin the series like what happened in Burn notice as it went. There's nothing wrong with a taste of connection and growth overall as things go along, but the simple goodness of what mando does could be completely ruined if they put focus on the overall instead of the day to day.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The plot this season has been "find other Mandos" and the baby is simply the trope excuse to do that. When bigger plots happen it may matter more but they could have generated this exact same search/journey for a dozen different reasons.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The other Mandos achievment will unlock all the baby yoda quests. He just needs to find the NPC with the "?" over their head. Yes, i look at this show like a video game, because it plays out like one.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It is gonna be like in season 1. Helping Frog Lady will lead him to the next part of the story. It is like a beginning quest chain where you have to do some little shit that you think doesn't matter, but is important later on.

Cybsled

Mando is playing EQ1: Quest design is shit so he is basically spamming key phrases to random NPCs and hopes he finds the next part of the quest

• 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Mando is playing EQ1: Quest design is shit so he is basically spamming key phrases to random NPCs and hopes he finds the next part of the quest
you say that like its a bad thing. i love this show like i loved EQ. which is pretty much saying its the same thing.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its only been 2 episodes but this season is already vastly better than season 1 IMO.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Seriously? This is adventures of mando and baby yoda. Same shit every episode. Nothing to the story. Mando needs x, someone has info but mando must do y. Thus it continues. Complete shit.

• 3Picard
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The plot this season has been "find other Mandos" and the baby is simply the trope excuse to do that. When bigger plots happen it may matter more but they could have generated this exact same search/journey for a dozen different reasons.

Baby yoda is definitely a macguffin to move mando around. It's up to each story to be interesting. I've enjoyed both episodes this season so far, and mando is a good tool to expand the star wars universe IMO. The star wars universe has been getting stale because it keeps going back to the same stupid stories. I've enjoyed mando because it feels new, but star wars. If they bring mando into the same stupid stories I'm going to be upset.

• 1Pathetic

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need to move on from the Baby Yoda narrative though, Its been beat to death by now.

• 1Dislike

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well for one it's a shorty episode. However we got Bo-Katan and the explanation for why Mando doesn't take off the helmet.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Razor Crest has seen better days. I wonder if he'll be getting an upgrade soon.

• 1Worf