The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Momoa's "See" & "Mandalorian" Cost A Fortune - Dark Horizons
This week, The Wall Street Journal reports that the show is coming in at a cost of nearly $15 million per episode. An episode count hasn’t been released but should it be the streaming standard of around 8-10 episodes – that could come in at near $120-150 million.

In addition, the article also indicates Disney+’s lavish first live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” is also clocking in at a budget of around the same amount – nearly $15 million an episode. It has a confirmed eight-episode run.

Jon Favraeuauea is already writing season 2 of TM. Pretty crazy now to see new TV shows springing up with $150m season budgets. Pretty awesome too. Mand is 8 episodes for season 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
This week, The Wall Street Journal reports that the show is coming in at a cost of nearly $15 million per episode. An episode count hasn’t been released but should it be the streaming standard of around 8-10 episodes – that could come in at near $120-150 million.

In addition, the article also indicates Disney+’s lavish first live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” is also clocking in at a budget of around the same amount – nearly $15 million an episode. It has a confirmed eight-episode run.

Jon Favraeuauea is already writing season 2 of TM. Pretty crazy now to see new TV shows springing up with $150m season budgets. Pretty awesome too. Mand is 8 episodes for season 1.
why are they lumping in worthless aquaman bullshit with mandalore stuff?

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

honestly, there's more money in tv now anyways, i think. 150 million for a season of tv is still less than what they'd pay for a movie. i think half a decade ago, none of the higher ups were looking at tv for star wars because it made so much in the big screen, but the IP has been pretty hurt and there's no guaranteed billion dollars anymore.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
why are they lumping in worthless aquaman bullshit with mandalore stuff?
I think "See" is Apple TVs new show. Don't think it has anything to do with Disney's stuff, other than it's expensive as fuck also (poor/confusing titling by that article though).

Curious why they are spending $15 million per episode for that Mamoa show. Post-apocalyptic doesn't necessarily lend itself to crazy "eye candy"?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
honestly, there's more money in tv now anyways, i think. 150 million for a season of tv is still less than what they'd pay for a movie. i think half a decade ago, none of the higher ups were looking at tv for star wars because it made so much in the big screen, but the IP has been pretty hurt and there's no guaranteed billion dollars anymore.

It's still expensive. That's 150 mil for 8 episodes. It's expected that the first show they roll out is gonna get some extra dough behind it. Plus technically, the second season should be cheaper since they'll have the main sets and costume shit done. I mean compare that to Arrow/Flash which gets like 2.5 million an episode and they do like 22-23 episodes a season.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's still expensive. That's 150 mil for 8 episodes. It's expected that the first show they roll out is gonna get some extra dough behind it. Plus technically, the second season should be cheaper since they'll have the main sets and costume shit done. I mean compare that to Arrow/Flash which gets like 2.5 million an episode and they do like 22-23 episodes a season.

Its approximately double GoT's budget for season 8.

They're spending the dough that D&D couldn't-- the dough that they wouldn't.

Disney is still willing to invest in Star Wars.

Fadaar

That guy
looks great AND a kenobi series AND clone wars comes back in Feb

almost makes me forget about ep 8 and the eventual abortion to-be that is ep 9

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
That trailer wasn't awful. Production value seems real high for a show.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
It certainly looks shiny, but visuals only go so far, lookin at you Discovery/GoT. Always liked the Mandalorian lore and characters, especially from KoToR era, so rooting for this to be good.

Fadaar

That guy
It certainly looks shiny, but visuals only go so far, lookin at you Discovery/GoT. Always liked the Mandalorian lore and characters, especially from KoToR era, so rooting for this to be good.

Takes place between ep 6 and 7 but that's a lot of years to cover, some of which I'm assuming was pretty fuckin' lawless with the transition from Empire to New Republic. Gives them a pretty blank slate to tell whatever story they want without having to revolve around movie events.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hard to get much from that trailer other than they spent a ton of money on it. Really no peak at a storyline etc.. Here's to hoping its good!

Last edited: