The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They are supposedly 40min episodes, though ep1 is officially 39 and without credits it was like 37min by my watch.

That is my only gripe so far, I was expecting GOT length (~50+ min) episodes.
So we're going to get just over 5 hours of show in 8 episodes.

episode 2 minus credits was like 28 minutes, give or take

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind short episodes provided that time is all quality content.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It feels like each episode would be one comic story. I kinda like it. I do wish they all dropped at once because then it would just be one 4 hour movie.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, like i said, there isn't really any filler so that's nice.

i'm actually pretty amazed by how much emotion the mando has without being able to see his face and hardly any dialogue. it's all very subtle body language and camera angles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think im gonna hold out and watch all at once when they all finished finger banging each other over how cool it is to release one at a time for 2 months.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wife who hated star wars really loves the mandalorian. Favreau deserves all the money's from Disney.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would go full Anakin on those Jawas. Wipe them all out.

Realistically they would have been long before now someone would be pissed off enough to do it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They are supposedly 40min episodes, though ep1 is officially 39 and without credits it was like 37min by my watch.

That is my only gripe so far, I was expecting GOT length (~50+ min) episodes.
So we're going to get just over 5 hours of show in 8 episodes.

GoT was originally 37-38 minutes per episode as well, HBO forced them to throw reshoot footage into every episode to artifically make them longer.

I don't think we need that in the Mandalorian.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
GoT was originally 37-38 minutes per episode as well, HBO forced them to throw reshoot footage into every episode to artifically make them longer.

I don't think we need that in the Mandalorian.
For real? I don't remember that.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Episode 2 only 30mins long? Fuck!

I love this show though, already better than the recent star wars films and barely anything has happened. Hope they keep it up with others in the universe. I think TV shows do the IP more justice than films can.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Weekly releases wouldn't be so bad if they were 50+ minute episodes. But, 28 minutes of content once a week just doesn't cut it in 2019.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Earlier in thread...
It's not the real Yoda...

Watch episode 2...
Watch baby not Yoda be more powerful than Luke when Luke found old Yoda...
Goes and faps...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What was with that awful musical score? Also I'm seriously disappointed they didn't show him going back and blowing up that sandcrawler once he put his ship back together.

Him not understanding that the baby was using the force is just retarded and they really need to let that concept go. There's no fucking way the galaxy would have forgotten what the Jedi could do that quickly, especially since there were Jedi openly operating in the galaxy during the entire Rebellion period and even if you want to claim that information about them was successfully suppressed, no Mandalorian would ever forget the Jedi seeing as how the Jedi are the reason that Mandalore is an uninhabitable wasteland.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Weekly releases wouldn't be so bad if they were 50+ minute episodes. But, 28 minutes of content once a week just doesn't cut it in 2019.
The hell? TV shows on regular cable are like 22 minutes long. Maybe you are just spoiled from shows with long episodes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The hell? TV shows on regular cable are like 22 minutes long. Maybe you are just spoiled from shows with long episodes.

Comedies maybe. I can't think of a single serious adult show I've watched with 22 minute episodes, certainly not anything I'm currently watching.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode 2 was phenomenal, great job of showing how much you can convey without dialog. He even sounds like Clint Eastwood when he talks with the helmet on.