The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This show proves that the whole 'woke' horseshit is just a festering ideology and not about actual representation. The Mandalorian pretty much checks all the diversity boxes, but isn't seeped in the gender studies gobbledigook. But you can bet since it's not promoting their specific ideology, it's not enough for them.
I have faith they'll stay on course. This show is the only Star Wars property that is universally praised. They should be too scared to change anything
i dont even think about "muh diversity" when it comes to this show. Gina Carano can chew up Reys for breakfast and Captain Marvels for lunch. Apollo Creed (yes i know that not his name, but it actually sounds more Star Wars than the name he does have) is a boss and talks the talk and walks the walk. Mando is a white dude from Chile, but since he is in a mask all the time he really isnt anything other than Mando. He still does dumb shit, but it humanizes him so you dont get him mixed up with a robot. however, i do think Gustavo Fring was horribly miscast for this show. but thats only because he looks like he's phoning it in. maybe he will do better next time we see him.

so, was it ever confirmed he was the pair of boots over Ming Na Wen's corpse ?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
like what?

That pendant Baby Yoda is chewing on at the end? It's a mandalorian symbol for the Mythosaur, a legendary creature of Mandalorian lore (mentioned by Kuill in early episodes), and it's Boba Fett's emblem (on his pauldron). Mando says he hasn't seen that in a long time and tells Baby Yoda to hang onto it. I think that was a hint Boba Fett will be returning in season 2, especially after all those mandalorians died in the sewers, it's time for some payback.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That pendant Baby Yoda is chewing on at the end? It's a mandalorian symbol for the Mythosaur, a legendary creature of Mandalorian lore (mentioned by Kuill in early episodes), and it's Boba Fett's emblem (on his pauldron). Mando says he hasn't seen that in a long time and tells Baby Yoda to hang onto it. I think that was a hint Boba Fett will be returning in season 2, especially after all those mandalorians died in the sewers, it's time for some payback.

What Mando said was "I didn't think I'd see this again." Because when he thought he was going to die he gave it to Cara to show the Mandalorians.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What Mando said was "I didn't think I'd see this again." Because when he thought he was going to die he gave it to Cara to show the Mandalorians.

My mistake on the misquote, but it could still be a double-meaning sentence on a meta-level. Didn't think I'd see it again because I thought I was a goner, and didn't think I'd see this again because the character famously wearing that insignia died years ago.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2!

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That symbol predates Boba Fett among Mandalorians. It just happened to be the insignia on who ever he stole the armor from. Jango and Boba are not true Mandos.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
The scouts not being able to blast anything from literal point blank range was really offputting even if the rest of that scene was pretty cool. Pretty good season finale to a decent but not great show. Will very likely watch season 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They couldn't have shaved off that stupid mustache?

Also...Darksaber?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They couldn't have shaved off that stupid mustache?

Also...Darksaber?

Thousands of years ago there was a Mandalorian that became a Jedi. The Darksaber was his lightsaber. After his death it was kept in the Jedi Temple til some Mandos broke in and stole it. It has become a symbol of leadership amongst the Mandalorian people. The last time it was seen was in the hands of Bo-Katan Kryze after it was given to her by Sabine in the last season of Rebels. I assume that Moff Gideon stole the Darsksaber during the sacking of Mandalore. So this basically dates The Great Purge as happening during the OT timeline.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I really enjoyed this show. This is the only good Star Wars thing since Return of the Jedi.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Thousands of years ago there was a Mandalorian that became a Jedi. The Darksaber was his lightsaber. After his death it was kept in the Jedi Temple til some Mandos broke in and stole it. It has become a symbol of leadership amongst the Mandalorian people. The last time it was seen was in the hands of Bo-Katan Kryze after it was given to her by Sabine in the last season of Rebels. I assume that Moff Gideon stole the Darsksaber during the sacking of Mandalore. So this basically dates The Great Purge as happening during the OT timeline.
Ahh Ok. I didn't watch Rebels (I will soon, going to watch all the cartoon SW series on Disney+). I thought it was just a big vibroknife/sword.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Last episode was the best of the series by a long shot. Most of it was just side salad with delicious baby Yoda dressing.

The end with Darth Blackula pulling out the light saber was cool, can't wait for some faggot to post a 5 paragraph story about it because I hear it's in the cartoons.

Gavinmad Gavinmad around?

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Soo that was Jason Sudeikas that was playing the scout trooper that was bonking baby Yoda.

• 3Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
LOL those speeder pilots.

"He just killed an officer for interrupting him... it may be some time."

Reminded me of TROOPS.

Would love more of this in some form, a mini-series, something.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Last episode was the best of the series by a long shot. Most of it was just side salad with delicious baby Yoda dressing.

The end with Darth Blackula pulling out the light saber was cool, can't wait for some faggot to post a 5 paragraph story about it because I hear it's in the cartoons.

Gavinmad Gavinmad around?

That was a lightsaber? I took it to be a big vibroblade. Or was it supposed to be the Darksaber? I never watched the cartoons.

Anyway, very solid show. I'm glad that the season eventually settled into being legitimately good without the automatic bonus points for being Star Wars.

• 3Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
In the scene where the mandalorians rescue child Din Djarin the emblem is more like a squished batman, not the mythosaur.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the season overall, while not great tv it was entertaining and good Star Wars.

i do hope they bring back Gina also, she’s a good character that plays off well with Mando. The other thing is the episodes with recurring cast were the best in my opinion, the first 2 or 3 and the last 2.
looking forward to season 2.

While I think a small dose of Baby Yoda is ok, I’m a bit worried that the show will be focused too much on him in season 2, find out what race he is, what planet he is from and try to bring him there etc...

• 3Like