The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fadaar

That guy
Probably my favorite episode of the series so far. Was both fun and entertaining in all the right ways. The mad max stuff especially had me laughing.

Mando had his Saving Private Ryan moment there at the end of the chase too kinda sorta. Tom Hanks-esque with his 1911 and then boom, death from above.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a fun episode.

I wanted Bill Burr's character to run with them at the end. He kind of reminds me of Private Hudson(Bill Paxton) in Aliens. Always pointing out the obvious in a funny way. I know this will catch some flak, but I also liked the episode because little Yoda wasn't in it. It was nice to just watch a good episode with a good core group on a mission without the "for Children" element. The seismic charge on the tie fighters was 5 star and the best scene in the show. I also liked that Mando chose to bend the rules for something greater than he understands. It was actually nice seeing the actor who I have enjoyed in other shows.

Looking forward to the confrontation.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Good episode.

Favorite part was when they were sitting talking to the officer and Bill Burr gets pissed and pulls out his pistol and shoots him and Mando turns like "Oh shit".

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like the whole "Oh they have sensors that will detect people in The New Republic if they enter the base" then "Oh we're going to fight everyone in the base." I mean, we saw it coming. Bill Burr was much better in this episode than the Heist episode which I thought was kind of out of place. Boba still chillin in his bath robe. Hopefully he gets something a little better. Maybe ol' Mando kicks some beskar his way for some nice pants.

"They might recognize my face." Lul. Also "they crave order." Oh, I get it. And was the holo at the end basically word-for-word what Moff told Mando on Tatooine? I'm too lazy to check, but seemed like it was. Kind of the "You ain't coming for me, I'm coming for yooooooou!"

Next episode I predict Luke comes for Grogu, Boba "Dies", and Bo-Katan and co show up and just obliterate Moff Gideon's shit with Thrawn showing up at the very end, a la Thanos in Avengers 1.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like the whole "Oh they have sensors that will detect people in The New Republic if they enter the base" then "Oh we're going to fight everyone in the base." I mean, we saw it coming. Bill Burr was much better in this episode than the Heist episode which I thought was kind of out of place. Boba still chillin in his bath robe. Hopefully he gets something a little better. Maybe ol' Mando kicks some beskar his way for some nice pants.

"They might recognize my face." Lul. Also "they crave order." Oh, I get it. And was the holo at the end basically word-for-word what Moff told Mando on Tatooine? I'm too lazy to check, but seemed like it was. Kind of the "You ain't coming for me, I'm coming for yooooooou!"

Next episode I predict Luke comes for Grogu, Boba "Dies", and Bo-Katan and co show up and just obliterate Moff Gideon's shit with Thrawn showing up at the very end, a la Thanos in Avengers 1.
lol, you in a rush? you just described season 3 and 4 events. next week Mando rescues BY from Moff gideon or maybe not. we may need another side quest and then save the rescue for next season. maybe "the jedi" rescues BY and Mando has to find out where they went, maybe Degoba system.

Cybsled

Given the fact they announced multiple Star Wars shows, 2 of which are in the same time period as Mando, they aren't going to blow their proverbial load at the end of S2.

Thrawn I highly suspect will be a focus on the Ashoka series vs. the Mando show (at least at first)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
whenever BY gets rescued, its gonna be too late cuz they will have harvested enough of his blood to make a bunch of snokes and dark troopers to go around.

spronk

FPS noob
Boba Fett looks awesome cleaned up, he's like the cool old man now piloting the ship muttering under his breath about how kids today are always in a rush. I hope he and Cara Dune make babies. sure, they'll be fat but they'll be able to shoot and kill anything

and yeah Burr was the highlight for me too, the second he started talking to that Imperial... you knew what was coming. Great writing, nothing ham fisted we get some small backstory on Mayfield and we see everything we need to on his face and know exactly whats about to happen as the imp kept talking.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Svingen999

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boba Fett looks awesome cleaned up, he's like the cool old man now piloting the ship muttering under his breath about how kids today are always in a rush. I hope he and Cara Dune make babies. sure, they'll be fat but they'll be able to shoot and kill anything

and yeah Burr was the highlight for me too, the second he started talking to that Imperial... you knew what was coming. Great writing, nothing ham fisted we get some small backstory on Mayfield and we see everything we need to on his face and know exactly whats about to happen as the imp kept talking.
Bill Burr can fucking act, which I would not have believed before this episode.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Bill Burr was perfect for this episode. Only person that can give Mando shit.
I gained a ton of respect for his acting chops with that scene at the table. You could totally see him cracking and knew what was coming the whole time. Pedro also did a great job of showing how uncomfortable he was having his face visible.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually thought about it and I kind of like how Mando just looked completely unsure and scared with his helmet off. Like, he could be like that the whole time and we don't know. We just think he's a stoic badass unless Grogu is in trouble, but he could just be constantly making the OH SHIT face while doing what he does best.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The simple act of taking off his helmet really got to me. It was a simple way to give depth and reinforce Mando's motivation and feelings toward Grogu.

9.5/10 Episode.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing we know, with his act of taking off the helmet to get the information so he can save the child.. He is not going to let the child be "raised" by another, Jedi or not. He is too attached

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nobody: Bill Burr would be great in Star Wars

Bill Burr: Hold my beer
41a6eacf2cd4391d7281ab682452664e.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I actually thought about it and I kind of like how Mando just looked completely unsure and scared with his helmet off. Like, he could be like that the whole time and we don't know. We just think he's a stoic badass unless Grogu is in trouble, but he could just be constantly making the OH SHIT face while doing what he does best.

i liked how bill burr made it seem like Mando is a deaf retard, and then all of Mando's actions made total sense to the imp

makes you wonder how many retard storm trooper clones there must be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One thing we know, with his act of taking off the helmet to get the information so he can save the child.. He is not going to let the child be "raised" by another, Jedi or not. He is too attached
If (when) he dies in a few seasons to protect grogu (his son) this entire thread gonna cry like little bitches.

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

It is the way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Great episode but mando shoulda left his damn helmet on. Motherfucker looked like the guy who mows my yard. I can't imagine a worse mustache on a hero.

• 5Worf