The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
So...mando is ex-imperial? Five bucks says he served under Gideon at some point.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
35 series over 2-3 years each running 2 months. That is a lot of overlap.
Even if one is trash there will be another always going. I support this onslaught of cheaper actors and in your face programming.
I like newer/unknown actors because they mess up. That makes them more natural as people are not always camera perfect.
People are bland. They are over dramatic. They are emotional. This is why I watch so many 80s movies.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Great episode but mando shoulda left his damn helmet on. Motherfucker looked like the guy who mows my yard. I can't imagine a worse mustache on a hero.
tumblr_n7h1pyITIm1te84qlo2_r1_500.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So...mando is ex-imperial? Five bucks says he served under Gideon at some point.
i'm... not sure what gave you that impression? because everything that has been stated, overtly or implied, has made the exact opposite claim

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it just needed to log the facial scan whenever its systems are accessed. So it didnt recognize it just confirmed and stored.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Great episode but mando shoulda left his damn helmet on. Motherfucker looked like the guy who mows my yard. I can't imagine a worse mustache on a hero.
That was probably my favorite thing about him taking off the helmet. He's the hero and badass from everything we've seen, but taking his helmet off in front of others leaves him looking like an every day confused retard, which is probably exactly how he felt with how seriously he takes his creed.

spronk

FPS noob
no, i definitely got the vibe that Mando is ex-Imperial. Mayfeld nor Boba knew him as such, so he couldn't have been important or anything, but that was a pretty clear plot point. Remember, the scanner first "rejected" him as unknown and then only accepted him when he showed his full face.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
no, i definitely got the vibe that Mando is ex-Imperial. Mayfeld nor Boba knew him as such, so he couldn't have been important or anything, but that was a pretty clear plot point. Remember, the scanner first "rejected" him as unknown and then only accepted him when he showed his full face.

The scanner is probably just making sure he wasn't alien scum. If mando were imperial he'd have a clue what the ISB agent was talking about with TK numbers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another amazing episode.

Boba looks cool AF with his cleaned up armour.

These guys are saving the Star Wars brand. It just saddens me that fucking awful human Kennedy will buy some extra few moments of air with it.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
The face scanner wasn't looking for active imperial faces, it was looking for people with Rebel/Republic records or criminal history. Apparently Mando had kept himself clear of the authorities enough to pass. Why a system that can access highly classified information like starship locations doesn't require active clearance levels is beyond me but whatever, TV show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Ya, the scanner security is odd, unless you chalk it up to hubris.

But you can be sure the face scan shit does come up later. Gideon will use that to put him at odds with Death Watch or uncover more information about his past.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Scanner probably also was there to record inquiries. But stop being joyless fucks and just revel in what was one of the better acting scenes in SW history that happened to feature Bill Burr. Props to the writers for sneaking in an Office Space joke too.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fantastic episode for sure. This season hasnt had one meh episode yet. Hope they really end the season with a bang next week.

spronk

FPS noob
friend told me the Operation Cinder references were from Star Wars Battlefront 2, the main plot point of that game was the thing where a group of admirals were carrying out Palpatines last command, "The Contigency", to exterminate a bunch of Imperial planets from orbit upon his unexpected death. As a sort of show to the galaxy that the Empire was needed to keep order, to rally the remaining Imperials in a bond of horror, etc. The Battlefront 2 game starts with the playable character being called by her dad (an Admiral) to begin preparations for Operation Cinder and ends with the Battle of Jakku, which is where TFA begins 4 decades later.

"The Emperor commands it. We will purge this planet and others. Fear shall spread, and the galaxy will remember who is in control."

Pretty damn deep lore cull, its insanely impressive what a breadth and width of Star Wars lore Filoni and the other writers have

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user