The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was really expecting R2 to shit out a Baby Bjorn harness and Luke to plunk Grogu in there for the ride back to the ship.
SilverFavorableAiredaleterrier-small.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We were off by 1 season, but ultimately our sources were accurate and we successfully predicted the debut of Luke Skywalker in the Mandalorian.
it makes the most sense. im sure if asked, the angriest people were over TLJ was how they fucked over Luke. at least they're trying to right that wrong.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it makes the most sense. im sure if asked, the angriest people were over TLJ was how they fucked over Luke. at least they're trying to right that wrong.

I believe that's why Kari Hart was fired.

Not even Kennedy could get fully on board with Luke's portrayal.

Kari was her hire, and her friend.

Its obvious what happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this. outsourcing a deepfake would leak instantly
my point wasn't that they should outsource the deepfake. my point was that some nobodies without a budget can pull it off so there's no excuse for a company THAT big to not be able to pull it off

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
There's definitely a little plot hole. Once they had Grogu, Gideon's cruiser jumped to lightspeed and out of the system. Even if Luke went to Tython I don't see how he'd have any idea where to go next. But I've never been one to nitpick Star Wars, so didn't diminish the episode for me at all.
The force gives knowledge, duh.

• 1Solidarity

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
i'm not going to argue that KK has NO IDEA what's going on with mando, but it's inherently clear that favreau has creative control. executive producer and showrunner are two very different positions. in a lot of cases, the executive producer doesn't have anything to do with the product itself, they are the ones that basically bankroll it. they find the funds for the show/movie and deal with a lot of the logistics. now, there are PLENTY of examples where the executive producer has direct oversight, specifically because if they are paying for it then they want it to be a certain thing.

but again, it's abundantly clear that mandalorian is very much favreau's style and it has zero of KK's flavor in it. whether that means there's some deal that favreau made or that KK has been told by igar to be hands off, we don't know.

There's a reason why she sits in the back...

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 8.57.25 PM.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you watch the documentary series on Disney+ about the Mandalorian, Kennedy appears in most episodes and is a right cunt. Basically every time Lucas is mentioned she cuts into the conversation to make sure everyone knows she's Lucas' choice and heir. She's the proverbial talentless executive who will drive projects into the ground and fail upward. She probably had less than a fart to do with this series.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my point wasn't that they should outsource the deepfake. my point was that some nobodies without a budget can pull it off so there's no excuse for a company THAT big to not be able to pull it off
curious, has any autists, "fixed" that scene with a better deepfake?

• 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
curious, has any autists, "fixed" that scene with a better deepfake?
it's a little early for that yet. deepfake programs take a LONG time to render. but i expect to see them in the coming weeks

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If in the next episode a de-aged Mark Hamill pops in to help rescue Grogu and mentions Princess Leia's unfortunate death it'd be the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise since the lightsaber.
Well, you were half right.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the greatest thing being the firing of Kathleen Kennedy and the bulldyke Headland that she hired to make a bulldyke Star Wars show.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show went from being ok to awesome very quick. The season 2 was wild and the ending was orgasmic, even if I don't really like luke. I was half expecting that R2 had a message for Grogu from Yoda or something.
Everytime Pedro Pacal removed his helm it was great, i don't know if this bitching story is that bad, I guess it's probably amplified by the media, but even though it didn't feel like it was not planned.
Filoni has been working on Star wars for more than 12 years, the knowledge he has about the franchise must be tremendous, that's probably a large part of the success and consistency of the show.
Maybe they will set season 3 in 10 years after this, when Luke abandons his academy; Mando gets back on the quest of finding him while accepting every side quest from random villagers. The time between S2 and S3 could be in the book of boba fett.
Luke CGI looked a bit stiff but it didnt bother me. I found Ashoka to be very well cast. they really nailed it.
Overall 8/10 - I wish they had killed a few people

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dude, the dark troopers looked worse than TPM droids from 20years ago

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Overall 8/10 - I wish they had killed a few people

For a true OT return to form, and in the interest of a credible adversary-- needed some deaths, I agree.

The sequel trilogy destroyed the seriousness of the franchise. Filoni needs to kill off a character at some point if he wants my full support.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For a true OT return to form, and in the interest of a credible adversary-- needed some deaths, I agree.

The sequel trilogy destroyed the seriousness of the franchise. Filoni needs to kill off a character at some point if he wants my full support.

I was expecting Bo-Katan to put a blaster shot in the back of Mando's unprotected head about three seconds after the lift door closed.

• 1Worf

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I put Luke's cameo on par with Vader's in Rogue One. Literally the absolute pinnacle of fan-service you could possibly pull off given the circumstances, and still look amazing.
I can get complaining about the plot (lawl, it's a hero story, they all have the same silly tropes and shit) but that scene was majestic. Exactly how Jedi should be portrayed.

Yoda fighting Dooku should have been him waving his hand around and moving shit in the room, not ninja-flipping like an Asperger's candidate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How would you retcon the sequel trilogy?
All they have to do in the show is say Princess Liea or Han Solo are dead, and outside the show say that they are taking a fresh start where the latest storyline is Mandalorian. Ez.

If they don't do this, nothing in the show really matters because it all ends up in a trio of dumpster fires and no space battles matter because they hyperjumped the shark.

QuickSaneCanine-size_restricted.gif